It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's not a recovery, it's a coverup...and REVOLUTION is next."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I never know what to make of this guy, but...

17% rate including laid-off workers taking part-time work or given up...

No good can come from nearly 1 in 5 out of work!

These are indeed unsettling times....

See also,

Jobs Cuts Unexpectedly Accelerate
Celente's similar predictions from last year.
The dead end kids.
Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

[edit on 2-10-2009 by loam]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm still surprised that unemployment hasn't officially passed 10% yet. I wonder if the government is using a new calculating method.

I work for an Adult education program and we are busting at the seams. People are still losing their job and are coming in hoping to improve their skills so they can get a job or new training.

I am still optimistic that things will turn around.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The department of labor has 6 categories they measure
the last one, the U-6 measures Total unemployed, plus all marginally attached workers, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all marginally attached workers... was reported as 17%
Offical DOL report
But when you read these reports you also have to keep in mind those being dropped from the roles are being dropped almost as fast as their being added... no their not finding jobs they simply exhaust their Bennie's and are kicked out of the program... no one tracks those numbers

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Finding even a part time job around here is next to impossible. You might have one opening and numerous applicants for the one job. People around here would love to have even a part time job.

Stuff like this is kept quiet in the statistics.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I agree.

The math is a not so carefully disguised political stunt.

I think folks are gonna get real surprised by the scale of it all.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
MORE:

Swine flu shot protests may be the next Tea Party

If Trends Research Institute Director Gerald Celente is right another volley may have been fired in what he is calling the "Second American Revolution."

In August while most everyone's attention was still focused on the Tea Parties, Celente was already in fast-forward trend identification mode.

Here's part of an e-mail trend alert he sent to clients, "While there are many wild cards that could light the fuse, The Trends Research Institute forecasts that if the threat of government-forced Swine Flu vaccinations is realized, it will be the fourth shot (of the second American Revolution). Tens of millions will fight for their right to remain free and unvaccinated."

Flash fire or slow boil?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
ya the gov't will create laws that pressure BIZness employers to pressure their own employee's to take the shots or be fined ....and probably if the employer DOESN'T enforce this then will be fined.

I'm sure most in the medical profession will be under pressure as well....mandatory shots for them and for our troops first.....
;
I'm sure the over-reacting from gov't is being caried over to hospitals and their staff's that they actually are NOW looking for evidence to confirm what they have been led to believe that this will be a killer epidemic.....meanwhile it will NOT be worse than the common flu in all liklihood.....THE CDC does not even differentiate anymore between swine flu and seasonal flu in a lot of their data....this will naturally artificially boost the h1n1 totals.....IT IS NOT DIFFICULT TO CONFUSE AND manipulate the public.....this will serve as a cover to take more rights and make big pharma $$$$....and then when it's over people will say...."at least we didn't have an outbreak" ........"C ....it wasn't as bad as they thought thanks to all the vaccine's" or someother sheeple babble

......the shear manipulation of the public on virtually every front is what drives me to take longer breakes these days from ATS....it's tuff to swallow.....without it bogging down the enjoyment i get from life...

[edit on 2-10-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Even U6 doesn't count everyone... Real Unemployment is hypothesised to be around 24% now. If we use Great Depression accounting we are around the U6 level.. the media still compares unemployment to the 80's 70's and earlier, but its impossible to do so.. the way we count now was formulated under Clinton, thus our new numbers cannot compare with the past.

PS no Revolution.. not enough people in any given central location gives a damn to cause revolution.

[edit on 10/2/2009 by Rockpuck]

new topics

top topics

join