It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Big Jobs Lie! 1 Million Jobs Lost in September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I took a look through the BLS Press Release and while I haven't analysed exactly how they are cooking the books, I noticed some simple facts. You can ignore the "Civilian labor force" its BS.
Look at total employment/unemployment. They tell the true story. Total employment is down 785 thousand and unemployment is up 214,000. THAT is the change in employment for the month which is -999,000!
While some of this is hidden by "Seasonally Adjusted" employment, it doesn't really matter to the man on the street. So you went back to school, you still need to live.

DATA
Civilian labor force …………….…………-571,000
Employment …………………….………… -785,000
Unemployment ……………….…………… 214,000
Not in labor force ………………….……… 807,000

(From Household Data chart.)

I have to give credit to Karl Denninger for pointing this out.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Weekly earnings are also down by $1.54, which is bad news too.

But the Household Data is VASTLY worse than reported. Here are the month-over-month changes, and they're in the realm of frightening. (all numbers in thousands)

Civilian Labor Force: 154,879 to 153,617 this month.

Employed: 140,074 down to 139,079 this month.

That's a loss of 995,000 jobs, not 263,000, and the labor force contracted by 1,262,000 people!

The participation rate was absolutely decimated, down 0.6% this last month alone. The people "not in the labor force" rose by a staggering 1,516,000 in the last month.

The government doesn't count people as "unemployed" who have given up and exited the labor force, but as I have repeatedly noted whether the government counts them or not the corner store owner sure as hell does!

The fact of the matter is that nearly 1 million fewer people were working in September as compared to August; there has been absolutely no improvement in that trend whatsoever.

Derr Link

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

Nice find on that, isnt it lovely how they crunch the numbers, and try to hide it from us. Just get on with it already I am ready for a fight.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
i live in a trailer park in ny, the rich sob that owns this place is raising lot rent anoher $50 in Jan. how the hell is my family gonna afford that, we struggle as it is now. the reasons put forth were "the economy" and hes putting in water meters that will save us $20 on our water bill that we pay to the village not him... this guy is a millionaire! and hes raping us..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Sorry to hear that.

Some say that misery loves company, so this short story is for your amusement... nothing else.

Locally, we have a trailerpark that made the local news.

Despite the residents paying their water bill on time... the landlord failed to make the payments. (some sort of collective arrangement) The water company shut the water off. I don't know how, but the local Sheriff's department was called to a disturbance there with regards to this event. Somewhere among the confusion a person popped the door handle on the door to the back of a patrol car and the dog got out. While trying to apprenend the K-9, a lady standing on her front porch was attacked by the dog. The Sheriff's department is convering her medical costs... and is still searching for whoever came up and popped the lock on the door.

See? No moral use whatsoever... but I hope it was entertaining.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
i live in a trailer park in ny, the rich sob that owns this place is raising lot rent anoher $50 in Jan. how the hell is my family gonna afford that, we struggle as it is now. the reasons put forth were "the economy" and hes putting in water meters that will save us $20 on our water bill that we pay to the village not him... this guy is a millionaire! and hes raping us..

Pay the rent in pennies.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
US unemployed despair as benefits run out
Business reporter, BBC News, New York

US unemployed
Unemployment benefits are available, but only for a while.

Americans value self-sufficiency and are generally suspicious of what they call "big government".

But the worst recession in 50 years has knocked many back on their heels.

Hard-working people who have lost their jobs are finding themselves embarrassed, but thankful for what government aid is available.

Michelle Jordan, 40, who lives in Yonkers, New York, was laid off in July.
Her unemployment cheques cover about half of her regular bills, but not her mortgage.
If relatives had not helped her make the house payments, she says the bank might have foreclosed on her property.

Ms Jordan does not need her degree in economics to tell her how bad the economy is.

She has worked for years in marketing and customer service, but with three children to support, she is willing to consider all sorts of jobs, even part-time work.

"I am hoping I will find another job, before all these benefits go down the drain."

The mother of three's six-month-old baby may be glad to have her at home, but her six-year-old daughter repeatedly asks, "Mommy, why did they fire you? Why did they let you go?"

She says her 17-year-old son understands and helps out.

Like many people caught in the downdraft of the financial crisis, Ms Jordan has found herself doing things she never thought she would: such as applying for help with her grocery bills, through a federal programme referred to as food stamps.

"You go to the grocery store and two bags, all of a sudden it's $40, and you think, 'where did all that money go?' So I had to reach out for something."

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

You have the rights to be angry, you have the right to spread the true, but what it bothers me the most is that knowing that government figures sugar coat the truth, people or at least many people doesn't wake up still to the realities of what is going on in this nation.

But get ready, because the next bailout for the financial under the umbrella of government extending first time buyers benefits is nothing but to cover the next round of bailout for the toxic papers that are still coming out of the corrupted banking system.

Yes you don't get to hear this in the news, but what you will hear is how the government is going to keep helping first time buyers.

Deceptions and the sad thing is many Americans are falling for it because they can still not believe that we are nothing but peons when it comes to our corporate run government.

top topics

join