It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Technically, I joined more than a year ago, but I haven't really posted anything. I've been reading ATS for quite awhile, however. I've always been a bit wary of posting on message boards, since there seems to be such an accumulation of anonymous hatred and vile speech, but from what I can tell, ATS is moderated efficiently enough and there are enough like-minded members, that things don't seem to descend into that level of Internet Rage that a lot of conventional forums do. So, here I am!

My name is Chris, and I live in Western North Carolina. I am a long-standing member of L.E.M.U.R. Paranormal Investigations, headed by Joshua P. Warren. This has taken me all over the place doing the "ghost hunting" thing; Charleston, Savannah, New York, Puerto Rico, Belize, and a variety of other far less exciting locales.

My main interests in the alternative fields of learning, are UFOs, Out of Body Experiences, Conspiracy Theories, Warps, and abilities of the human brain/mind.

I am also a contributor for Micah 'Gralien Report' Hanks on a couple of his websites, and this too has led to some fascinating knowledge.

I've been into conspiracy theories and alternative history for as long as I can remember, with Pearl Harbor and the USS Liberty as some of the first "theories" I recall. It went up from there, into UFOs, secret societies, etc. I've had the opportunity to hang out on a social level with Jim Marrs and Nick Redfern, and this only served to boost my interest in all matters of oddities.

All in all, life's good, it's starting to get a bit chilly here in the mountains, Halloween is approaching, and I'm desiring a return trip to the Caribbean.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Welcome Cris the son of Collom, fellow Celt by any chance, Iam on the survival and 911 twin towers forum mostly good to have ya " on board "

[edit on 2-10-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Welcome Chris ... I am just here mostly because it is more interesting than work.

Oh, and ATS feeds my insatiable paranioa.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My ancestors on my mother's side hail from Scotland, England, France, and Germany. My father's side is German and Irish, and that's where I get my last name from. Unfortunately, nobody on ol' dad's side of the family knows their genealogy, so I only have my mom's family tree. That's been traced back to around 1044 AD, with no gaps. Lots of interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
welcome,dont worry,im like you,i dont like going to forums to get insulted or made fun of,but here its so much better,u almost never see any fights,as we all try to respect the opinion of others and discuss stuff.
also dont mind the grammar or slang,just couse someone writes like an 12-year old gangsta dosnt mean he isnt inteligent [:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hello Chris, welcome to a great site. Sounds like you're involved in some interesting work, I'm looking forward to your insight.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi Chris,

I found a lot of sites, where the people claim to be open minded, but this was not the case. As soon as you have a different opinion than the rest, that is when the insults start.

It doesn't seem to be the case here.

top topics

join