It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I find out if I'm going to die. It's not going to be anytime soon!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Welcome to your second lease! I know the ceiling's cracked and the walls need a little paint, but the ol' boy will do just fine!

[edit on 2-10-2009 by juzchilln]

link   
That is great news....well, uh, except the Crones Disease. I hope you get along well with it, and again, I'm really glad it wasn't cancer.

link   
Although it's not great news, it's at least better news than finding out you have the big C.

Honestly, your post almost made me cry because I have a 4 week old son and I couldn't imagine not seeing him grown up.

I'm glad your positive attitude is working. Kick Crohns aZZ.

link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
It's not pancreatic cancer.

-whew-

It's Crohns Disease.

Well, first I want to say that although I have you marked as a foe, it's nothing personal, nor do I wish you any specific harm. I simply mark as friends those whom I generally like and speak with, and foes those who I disagree with or like to debate with.

But please don't think I've come here to gloat or something. I just wanted to tell you I am glad you don't have cancer, though I honestly am not familiar with Crohn's disease. But I am glad it seems to at least be a lesser verdict.

It would have been better if they said you had bad gas or something or diarrhea, like someone said earlier, but if it had to be something I am sure you'd rather have this outcome. So I'd say it's time to celebrate that you faced death and didn't back down. Good work and good luck. Scotch all around! On you of course!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
Awesome news, relatively speaking. I'm happy you don't have cancer.

Thanks. Yeah, we're kinda giddy here at home right now.

This is something I can deal with a bit better.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Dont know exactly what to say, but my goodness. When its my turn to take a stroll around the valley and see what it has to offer, i hope my steps find the ones youve laid before us. Seems like a great path to take!!
Thank-you

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Definitely, my friend. definitely.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) has the Crohn's. He's leading some movement (no pun intended) to force all businesses to allow sufferers access to bathrooms even if they are not customers partly because he has soiled himself in Seattle while desperately searching for an open bathroom.

I'd take crapping my pants over the Big 'C' anyday, my friend. I'm really glad that you got the lesser of evils on this one. Hug that little boy of yours and don't let go.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Great news!

I would look into the possibility of Gluten Intolerance being a factor in this, I was having all kinds of weird scary intestine and heart symptoms for a long time. I have seen many discussions about gluten intolerance and know more and more people who are removing it from their diet so I finally looked further and tried reducing my intake (which is some work) but just a few days and . VOILA most symptoms faded to almost nonexistent.!! Eliminating much, not all, Gluten from my diet, has drastically helped.

I don't usually buy into the health/food crazes that come and go but this one is real I think.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by tjack
Awesome news, relatively speaking. I'm happy you don't have cancer.

Thanks. Yeah, we're kinda giddy here at home right now.

This is something I can deal with a bit better.

I know a tonnn of people with Crohns disease. Im Canadian so we can get Pot anywhere but i believe you can now get medical marijuana, it helps it slows down the process and relaxes the walls of your intestines so they dont you know "work stuff through as fast". My old roomate had it also, he has had some complications, none of which are life threatening, and youll have to get comfortable pooping in public toilets. Other than that, thats #ing great news bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this!!! It was really strange to have this huge cheesy grin when I am reading that a guy has been diagnosed with a disease, but that's how this worked out. (the grin was from the diagnosis not being what was mentioned, of course.)

You have a huge number of options ahead of you for treatments and lifestyle adjustments you can choose, I wish you a lot of luck finding what works best for you. You might end up embracing and practicing new things that have a ripple effect and rub off on those around you that you love, bringing a positive out of what you've had to go through. Hopefully you'll get lots of good references to quality research.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Have you posted a thread of your story? Id be interested

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Heya Mike! Know our thoughts and prayers are with you. I went
through a similar scene a year and a half ago when some big blobs
appeared in my spinal cord. Doc thought it was astrocytoma, ie - a death
sentence. As it turned out it was physical damage which since that time
has disappeared. I'm still messed up and can't work with spinal issues but
at least I'm alive. I really figured I was going to die and I am glad for
the experience; it was a real wake up call to what is and what is not
important in life. Though I'm physically limited I feel much more alive and
in tune with the world since that experience. I try to make everyday count
and I am truly grateful for all I have. I'm not out of the woods by any
means, I have brain tumors that just today I decided to NOT get operated
on. There was a risk of losing my hearing and being a musician I had to say "f that!". lol

Whatever the outcome I think you're the kind of guy that isn't going to
allow it to be a negative. You will take what you are given and make the
most of it - it's all any of us can do. It's OK to cry and break down when
you need to, that's quite normal. Be strong my friend and know that all
here on ATS are rooting for you. If you listen real hard you can hear us all
chanting "Go Cheesecake! Go Cheesecake!"

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
oh and your opiate pain killers they gave you, you don't want to have to rely too much on them but they really help the symptoms of intestinal diseases like Crohn's, they slow down the digestive process like the previous poster said about cannabis.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

I'm glad your positive attitude is working. Kick Crohns aZZ.

Word!

Congratulations Mike. Seize the day.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) has the Crohn's. He's leading some movement (no pun intended) to force all businesses to allow sufferers access to bathrooms even if they are not customers partly because he has soiled himself in Seattle while desperately searching for an open bathroom.

I'd take crapping my pants over the Big 'C' anyday, my friend. I'm really glad that you got the lesser of evils on this one. Hug that little boy of yours and don't let go.

I've never been so darn glad to have a disease in all my life!!! I'm going to be doing my homework on this, but at least I'll be here to do it.

Thanks.

And yes, the little guy is wondering why daddy is hugging him so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone so much. This morning was a scary one. But keeping busy here helped a lot!!!

Getting a reprieve like this is strange. Funny how the mind works.

The wife is non-stop on the phone, "he's got crohn's, he's not going to die!"

Funny world we live in.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Great news!!

So are you going to take the job in Alaska?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just saw this thread. My first thought was, oh, this must be an old thread, and Mike has long since put this behind him. Then I realized I was looking at a Canadian date format, and that this thread was new. So I read through to the end, and am SO glad it isn't pancreatic cancer! I don't know anything about Crohn's disease, so I don't know what to offer other than my prayers. I guess that is what I would have done, regardless, was to pray. Take good care of yourself, my friend!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus
oh and your opiate pain killers they gave you, you don't want to have to rely too much on them but they really help the symptoms of intestinal diseases like Crohn's, they slow down the digestive process like the previous poster said about cannabis.

Thanks. Will keep that in mind. I have no clue what they're going to give me now though, gonna have to wait and see til monday.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join