It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I find out if I'm going to die. It's not going to be anytime soon!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good Luck, Mike.

We will all be thinking of you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
methyl b-12.
methyl b-12.

METHYL b-12.

chanting it now.

methyl b-12 will
methyl b-12 will help
methyl b-12 will help repair
methyl b-12 will help repair neuropathy.
www.delano.com...

you on insulin?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisjuan
reply to post by mikerussellus

I'm guessing that if it weren't for the pain, you would seem to me to really kick ass. Hope that regardless of the time left here, be it 6 months, 10 years, or a day, that you don't regret mistakes or things undone. We all should hope to not have these things bug us.

I once met a person who said they had their pancreas removed, and took two supplements a day. An enzyme and insulin. I have no way to prove this is possible, it would seem the opposite from evidence.

My father has had cancer for a couple years now, and I've helped him through surgery. Hard times. Now, one of my clients has a 2.5cm mass on his pancreas. It's fortunate for him he doesn't know what cancer means, or what a pancreas is. A shame being that he is a extremely friendly and consoling person, albeit MR/DD.

Best of luck, energy, health, and wisdom.

Two days ago, they did a contrast CT scan. They were concerned about it entering my lymph system. Ergo, the tests. The surgeon is supposed to call today about the results. And what to do next.

Thanks for the thoughts. Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just try and make the most of what you can while you are still able to. None of us know what awaits us in death, but we do know what we love and live for in this life. I wish you and your family the best in this difficult time. Just spend time with your family and friends, and make every moment you spend with them memorable and precious.

If it turns out to be bad news, I suggest you make plans to create a video for those you will leave behind in this physical world. Try and maintain your composure and just say what you love most about all those who are dear to you. Forget about the negatives and feuds from the past. Show them the love and care you have and will always have for them.

(I realise it is not the same thing for somebody not going through these events to make suggestions such as these, but I only mean well and have the happiness of you and your family at heart.)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark2009
Hi,

I just wanted to wish you good luck. I can't imagine what your going through but you seem to be facing it extremely well. I'm not too sure how I would react in your situation, I'd like to think I would handle it like you.. but I'm not too sure.

Stay Stong, Live Long....

Good Luck, from the UK.

Ta, mate. Appreciate the thoughts.

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Thank you. I do appreciate that.

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good luck with the tests,my grandfathers life was cut short by cancer-I hope your test results show something else.These things are realy tough on family and friends,but I get the impression you take every thing in your stride and will not let this get the better of you mentaly even if physicaly its hit the home run!

Will sink a beer for you later,cant do scotch!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
methyl b-12.
methyl b-12.

METHYL b-12.

chanting it now.

methyl b-12 will
methyl b-12 will help
methyl b-12 will help repair
methyl b-12 will help repair neuropathy.
www.delano.com...

you on insulin?

Nope on the insulin. But will keep methyl b-12 in mind if needed.
Thanks.

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am sure I speak for all ATS members. We are here for you. If I can help in ANYWAY all you need is to ask. You want face this alone. Your friend Gene

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You and your family also have my thoughts and prayers.

Your strength and attitude are an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ive been having a hell of a week, with stuff that can compromise my current job..

But your story made me realize that really this moment in my life is nothing compared with what you are going trough..

Best of luck!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Just try and make the most of what you can while you are still able to. None of us know what awaits us in death, but we do know what we love and live for in this life. I wish you and your family the best in this difficult time. Just spend time with your family and friends, and make every moment you spend with them memorable and precious.

If it turns out to be bad news, I suggest you make plans to create a video for those you will leave behind in this physical world. Try and maintain your composure and just say what you love most about all those who are dear to you. Forget about the negatives and feuds from the past. Show them the love and care you have and will always have for them.

(I realise it is not the same thing for somebody not going through these events to make suggestions such as these, but I only mean well and have the happiness of you and your family at heart.)

I have thought of that. But I was thinking more in terms of a book, or journal.

Thanks,

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I dont know you my friend, never seen you post im relativly new, but I admire you. You've opened yourself up to us here youve said "this is me world this is what i have to deal with today, whats your day like?". The shocking part is, is that you sound like your in a better mood than the majority of the people i know. Especially at 11 am!!! Either way that today goes (im sure we are all pumping alot of positive thoughts into the universe for ya) i can only speak for myself when i say youve made me appreciate today so much more. Youve made other people realize how much things can change in a day and hopefully everyone will understand that sometimes we have to step back from the rat race, or rat theories of life and appreciate everything around us.
Chances are we will never meet and i will probbaly never know your real name but i will remeber today, i will remeber to think positivly for ya, ill remeber to have at least one drink to ya tonight, and ill remember to consider you with the highest regards.
Your a friend to us all, the best to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank-you!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

drink two, my friend.

Thanks for the thoughts,

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gaslaugh123

Thanks, Gene. I appreciate that. really.

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

oh you need it. take my word for it. most of your symptoms will
go away. although it may not cure the cancer, it repairs nerves faster than
they can be damaged, which will be really helpful in the long run, towards your efforts to get well. it also doesn't interfere with insulin.

i am diabetic and i take it, and have no neuropathy at all, even if i eat a bunch of sugar based foods in one day. (and i don't take insulin... i use alpha lipoic acid to balance blood sugar, but i wouldn't suggest the alpha lipoic for you since your case is more severe)

do they say your diabetic symptoms are brittle?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Mike, I will keep you in thoughts and prayers. I am sorry you have to go through this.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Mike, hang in there and I'll definitely be keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts. I have no doubt that regardless of your results, the high level of mental strength that you possess will get you through anything.

Always a u2u away if you need to talk.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Best wishes thoughts and prayers going out for you and your family. We're all sure hoping for the best possible news.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Strength and Honour Mike. In a way, I know what stresses you and your family are going through. Have spent the last few months getting tests done with Neurologists, Audiologists, the whole gammut, to see whether I have brain tumours or not. Have been having problems for the last 6-8 months. CT scans, MRI scans, the whole gammut. Missus has been stressing to the max (considering we have a 3 yr old and another 1 due in 2 months, I don't blame her), but in the end, after all the testing, it seems to be a number of factors that can be sorted rather easily in the end.

And as someone (sorry, can't remember who said it) said, we are here for you mate. Need someone to talk to, feel free to. Stand tall, Don't fall, and if you do, we will be here to pick you up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join