Today, I find out if I'm going to die. It's not going to be anytime soon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I waited on that same call, not cancer, the next two years fighting something else sucked, but Im still here! I lost everything because of the medical bills. Life has never been better. Sometimes the worst things in life and can turn into the best. Good Luck.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by mikerussellus

I wish the best for you and your family today. In a way, you are raging against dying by remaining positive and keeping on with life, by looking forward to a dream job. It also makes quite a lot of sense to continue with the pursuit of this job, because, the tests results could be favorable for you. There's no need to give up without even having the full knowledge of those results. I believe your approach to this situation is qute sane. Good luck to you!!

That is absolutely THE FIRST TIME, anyone has accused me of being sane. Thank you.

I don't plan on giving up.

When my mother (gods, she got depressing) asked what preparations we had in mind, I told her I wanted a Viking funeral, and that it was up to her to steal the damn boat!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by unityemissions

Thank you for the information. Really. I'm not ready to throw off this mortal coil (I've always wanted to say that) and will fight this thing with all that I can.

I figure if John Wayne can kick it's a##, then I can too.

Mike

That is a good attitude. It's never over until it's over.
Best of luck!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
I waited on that same call, not cancer, the next two years fighting something else sucked, but Im still here! I lost everything because of the medical bills. Life has never been better. Sometimes the worst things in life and can turn into the best. Good Luck.

Thank you.

It really changes the way you look at bills, the house, the car, the "stuff" when this kind of "crap" happens.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Critical_Mass

Thank you. Today is just another day, this day though, also tells me if I'll have to fight is all.

Not giving up.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Love your attitude Mike! I said a prayer for you (hope you don't mind). Everyone here's just living till they die, enjoy life.
God bless.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Mike, your courage in the face of this is most inspiring. I am very sad to hear this, and sincerely hope your test results are good. Think positive. And if the test results are bad, still think positive. Keep us informed, because if you really need us to, I am sure many of us will be quite happy to direct some group positive energy your way. Recently kinglizard asked ATS for this (for a close friend), and the results seemed to be positive in that case. Wishing you the best here.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I applaud your attitude and your courage in facing the possible end of this existence you currently enjoy. I hope you receive good news, but if not, I hope that whatever awaits you after this life is rewarding.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the power of intention is a strong force my thoughts are with you friend and im sure everyon in the community is with you as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I had no idea you were dealing with this. I will think of you often today...and maybe not be so whiny myself.

A positive diagnosis doesn't mean an immediate death. You could live some years after surgery and any other treatment depending on the stage.

I say you should still go for your dream if they will take you. What a wonderful opportunity. Instead of giving in you will be living your life to the fullest every day doing something you love.

You do have a great attitude, regardless. Please let us know later.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Love your attitude Mike! I said a prayer for you (hope you don't mind). Everyone here's just living till they die, enjoy life.
God bless.

My oldest son is involved with the Baptist church, they're praying. Our best friends (and neighbors) are mormons, they're praying.

Appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thank you. There is benefit in being positive. And I plan on staying that way regardless.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadpool84
the power of intention is a strong force my thoughts are with you friend and im sure everyon in the community is with you as well.

I'm really overwhelmed by the support. Makes me think that posting this was a good idea, after all.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Thank you for your thoughts and support.

I really appreciate that.

And yes, I do plan on taking that job. Regardless.

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I am sorry to hear about your condition. Sounds like to me that your priorities are in order. Have inner peace knowing your family will be in good standing when you pass on. My prayers are with you and your family.

jeffrey Webber
Network1776.org
youtube
bubbakiah

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i don't pray, but i'll deliver good thoughts and some energy your way

mind giving me a general direction (southwestern u.s., eastern seaboard, etc)?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by network1776

I appreciate that, thank you.

My family is strong. Stronger than they realize. I just have to remind them of that from time to time.

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretGoldfish
i don't pray, but i'll deliver good thoughts and some energy your way

mind giving me a general direction (southwestern u.s., eastern seaboard, etc)?

Northern Utah. Appreciate the positive thoughts. Thank you.

Mike

link   

I'm guessing that if it weren't for the pain, you would seem to me to really kick ass. Hope that regardless of the time left here, be it 6 months, 10 years, or a day, that you don't regret mistakes or things undone. We all should hope to not have these things bug us.

I once met a person who said they had their pancreas removed, and took two supplements a day. An enzyme and insulin. I have no way to prove this is possible, it would seem the opposite from evidence.

My father has had cancer for a couple years now, and I've helped him through surgery. Hard times. Now, one of my clients has a 2.5cm mass on his pancreas. It's fortunate for him he doesn't know what cancer means, or what a pancreas is. A shame being that he is a extremely friendly and consoling person, albeit MR/DD.

Best of luck, energy, health, and wisdom.

link   
Hi,

I just wanted to wish you good luck. I can't imagine what your going through but you seem to be facing it extremely well. I'm not too sure how I would react in your situation, I'd like to think I would handle it like you.. but I'm not too sure.

Stay Stong, Live Long....

Good Luck, from the UK.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join