It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I find out if I'm going to die. It's not going to be anytime soon!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mike,

We at ATS look after each other! We have always been that way!!
Brother, I have suffered for many years.... My brother with deadly cancer, but he BEAT it, and YOU will beat this Chron's disease!! Just believe in yourself, and everything will be OK Mike!

All the best buddy!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well hello Miker...Thats my way of calling ppl...By short......

ps, creepy as hell if I could log on in the afterlife, huh?

Indeed.......If thats the case....HELOOOOOO!.....

Lol......I wish you the best and I hope ALL goes well......I aslo wish you was with me..... U2u me if u like...Im probbly the most hated here on A.T.S.....And geuss what... i have no idea why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its best not to contact me here on A.T.S. but if you do want to contact me....Just pray......Anyway I dont like to make things long......

Good luck son, remember ppl will always have you in there minds ands souls, whatever happens.......May the ride be long and a good one!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just want to add my congratulations on the diagnosis, better than it could have been.

I wanted to add my bias about testing other foods but I will not as I am expect you are getting plenty of thoughts from some great minds.

Hope you sleep well tonight friend.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Truly,

'Today, I find out if I'm going to die'

This statement applies to everyone everyday.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
'Today, I find out if I'm going to die'

No...

It its his words.....

I diddnt say that, the rest of the world didnt say that....

So plz explain.....

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
dear OP,
i haven't read a post here yet, and have to say you rock!
i love your outlook, i love your soul.
dog speed to what ever it may be.
wishing YOU the best.
-zoo

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Hey Mike, great thread! I don't know you and visa versa but I wanted to reply to this because the thread is inspiring.. My brother (whos name is also Mike :p) Has chrones disease. I want to let you know that this diagnosis is not so bad! It's actually quite manageable. He's had this for years and the worst thing he ever had to do thus far was have an operation on his intestines. (had a few feet removed) BUT that was only because he allowed the disease to go un-managed for so long. There are great advancements now in treating this disease. Kudos to you for the thread and count your blessings that it's not so bad my friend.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Hello friend

I'd wish you luck, but I think in the scheme of things luck has no place. I believe everything happens for a reason; although we my think it bad all things can be wonderful. We just don't really know. So many people worry about dying but have no idea whats to be. It may be better then here and how ironic; being on the otherside and not knowing that here was the place to fear.

It's not the dying people are afraid of; I believe it is the unknown that we fear. We are born and brainwashed all our lives how death is bad; so of course we fear it.

But death is actually a part of life. It is part of the life cycle. Everything dies and returns to the earth, except the soul.

Like Jim Morrison said " No one here gets out alive"

I am a Christian and I will pray for you. The body may return to the earth from where it came, but the soul will always and forever go on. I kind of think of it as " Energy can neither be created or destroyed". But it can be converted to different forms. So your energy must move on my friend, and I believe if you believe in the Lord Jesus and that he died for all our sins and accept him and the sacfrifice he made for us then you shall live for eternity in paradise. But everyone has their own decision to make.

I hope the best for you and admire your strength and courage through all this. And if things don't work out for the best I pray for your wife and son that they will be strong and remember you for who you where.

Stay well my friend

~NOAH

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
2nd chance. Live life off line. Spend time with people who have made
a investment in you. People that know you for who you are and love you for it. Real life. Live it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I don't know you, but happy your news was not cancer. Thanks for being so open and sharing your life here. I was near tears reading down through the posts just trying to get to your post about the expected phone call!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Mike...you are special....thanks for sharing all your thoughts so stoically. Glad to hear it wasn't the dreaded 'C' word...Crohns is painful though. Love to you and yours....
And good luck with that job...wow...been to Alaska recently...I would live there tomorrow...Have an awesome awesome time.

I guess you can only celebrate in moderation- we have all heaved a sigh of relief today...
You are a truly wonderful person and thank you for making us all take stock and think about the things that are more important in life.

Good Luck my friendxx

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think you're doing exactly what you ought to be doing, by continuing to live. Why put your life on hold, just because you *might* get bad news? Go for the dreams without worrying about whether you'll live long enough to realize them.

I think "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" had something about how your inbox will be full when you die. The point was that you don't live your life, then stop living it when it's time to go. First, we never really know when that time is. You could get hit by an asteroid, or wind up beating all the odds and hanging in for another 70 years. You can't count on making it through the day; and you can't count on dying on time, whenever you think that time is. You might last a whole lot longer than you expect.

I mean, what do you have to lose if you follow the dream, and find out it's bad news? OK, so maybe you can't go to Alaska. Did you lose anything for trying? If you *don't* go for the dream, and get good news, then what?

I guess maybe the way to look at it is, if you guess wrong, which way would you feel the best (or the worst) about? Go for the dream you can't live? Or don't go for it and live on knowing you had a shot and didn't take it?

We're all going to die, some sooner, some later. Don't stop living before you die for real, whether that's in a week or in fifty years.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I may spike my pepto with scotch, see how that tastes.

Reminds me of the definition of a Phillips Screwdriver...

Milk of Magnesia and vodka...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Appreciate the words. Yeah, I may change the avitar, when I've irritated enough people.

Thanks for the sentiment.

Mike

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
heyy told ya ur healthy as a fruit, i was right see ^_^

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
heyy told ya ur healthy as a fruit, i was right see ^_^

Dang it! Should have just listened to you!!!

Thanks though.

Mike

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

You summed it up quite well. If I had a katana, would've been yelling, "banzai!!!" all morning long.

Thanks

Mike

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Thank you for those kind words. Really, the outpouring of support here has been awe-inspiring.

Sincerely,
Mike

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Thanks. Appreciate the words. Hope all is well with your brother, now.

Mike

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
I don't know you, but happy your news was not cancer. Thanks for being so open and sharing your life here. I was near tears reading down through the posts just trying to get to your post about the expected phone call!

To be frank, I was in awe and getting misty myself. Couldn't believe all the support.

Thank you and thank ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join