It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I find out if I'm going to die. It's not going to be anytime soon!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Happy for you, Mike. You make interesting posts and are a great contributor. Hope you feel all the LOVE.

Keep on truckin'!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
MAKE YOUR MIND SUPER STRONG IT CANT HURT TRY IIIIIT.

www.healingcancernaturally.com...

P.S stick around at till 2012 we are all f***ed anyway

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
GOOD LUCK .
[edit on 2-10-2009 by dashar]

[

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
[Doc] Come on in Mike, have a seat.

[Mike] What's up Doc?

[Doc] Well, we think you have cancer, but we need to run a few more tests.

[Mike] Not that I don't trust you, but I think I'd like a second opinion.

[Doc] Ok Mike, you're ugly too.

Glad to hear you'll be around a while longer to argue with the liberals. I also know this day very well and still remember the clarity in which the focus of my own mortality was amplified before, and after the news.

Back when I was 30, the GF caught me in the bathroom one night shaking with cold chills and made me go to the ER the next day. They told me my blood count was off the charts, and they needed to go in and take a "little look". I agreed.

When I woke up, that little look left me with 18" less intestine, a "complimentary" colostomy, and staples from my sternum to my happy place.

I was informed that they thought I had cancer and, since it takes 3 days to do a biopsy, they decided to perform such an aggressive procedure to keep it from spreading, "just in case".

After several days of wondering just how much time I had left, I finally asked a nurse why the results haven't come back. She said "Oh, you don't have cancer". Why they never felt the need to tell me I still don't understand. Maybe I was so stressed about it because a friend had just died a couple months earlier, at 20, after nearly the same procedure.

In the end, five surgeries later, they got me put back together and I live each day like it never even happened. I've been blessed with the opportunity to contribute many more derogatory and off topic posts.

Anyway, I'm glad it turned out to be the lesser of two bummers and wish you the best. I just thought I'd share my own experience, and the fact that I can totally relate.

Now that you're not going to die anymore, hopefully this will ease any guilt you may feel for posting, since it's not all about you.

Take care man, good news for sure.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

It's Crohns Disease.

Bless you Mike, it used to be a rare disease, but it has been spotted recently as a symptom of Aspartame poisoning.

My niece had something like this too.

do you use diet soda's or sugarfree things?

cutting them out would probably halt the ingress of this affliction.

Hope i'm not being too intrusive.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I am new here,and though I don't 'know' you--I prayed for you and I am SO glad to hear that it's NOT cancer.Chrohn's can be a 'bear' at times,but NOTHING compared to pancreatic ca.Many people,including star athletes, live with it and have full lives.I wish you all the best and I am still praying for you to get the job of your dreams and wish you,your wife and children the very best.

Blessing Your Path--Amrith

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The sooner everyone learns to accept death, is the sooner we can all appreciate life.

I can't agree with you more.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm happy for you and your family Mike, someone up there must only slightly
dislike you

All kidding aside, i've been keeping tabs on this thread all morning/afternoon and I just wanted to say that you have the right attitude man! Keep on truckin', and good luck with the Crohn's!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, best wishes to you. My father passed of pancreatic cancer. Not fun. He went relatively quickly, but, it was still bad.

The bad thing about pancreatic cancer is that they usually do not catch it until it's in it's last stages. Anyway, I wish you the best and just try to stay positive.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Mike its Gene. Need some way to contact you in case you do need something. If I give out any info concerning myself I will probably get scammed. Since I would be giving to you who would try to contact you. Words are meaningless without action. Gene

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
MIKE !!! WHAT THE HELL MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea you were sick partner.
I read thru this already large thread enough to know you have crohns
desease.
So you got medi oaker news.
I could tell by the few
exchanges you and i have had here on ATS, that you are a good man.

What I've read here today, has shown me I ddin't know the half of it.

Now I'm not saying that because of anything as obvious as the courage
you've shown.
I say that because you are the best thing any man could ever hope to be.
a GOOD FAMILY MAN.
Mike if you have never seen the movie,"A Perfect World" Kevin Costner.
Then I have a gift for you.
You have to see it to know what I truly mean about a good family man.
Watch it Quietly with the Wife. Listen to everything that is said.
Great Great movie.

I'm only medi oaker happy for you my man.
I only like full on happiness so get well.(I've been accused of only thinking of my self).
I want to say my hat's off to you , but I don't wear a hat.
Maybe I'll get a hair cut. My hair's down to the middle of my back so that would really mean something.
Not gonna happen.

MIKE GET WELL !!! I love you man. be talkin to ya!
Randy
p.s. I like your old avatar better

[edit on 2-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Amazing post, I admire your attitude in the face of possible bad news.

I was wrongly diagnosed with possible cancer of the stomach a long time ago, the stress was horrible, after a second and even third medical examination and tests I ended up with an entirely treatable condition... After that I was convinced that if an illness doesn't kill you, the doctors will ... if you let them.

Ironically, after being on the road for 18 days straight I have developed a serious condition which I may need to seek medical help for, but I cant drive anymore and it is freezing here in south Dakota right now. Maybe I'd be better off without seeing a doctor.

It is not how we die that matters, it is how we have lived.

Best thoughts and wishes to you and yours.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey man....

I dont usually post on here....But I have fought stomach issues for years..and have found so many amazing products and information I would be happy to share it with you.... I dont sell anything and Im not affiliated with any company or product.....as I know theres is just as much crap out there as there is real Alternative Medicine.... I've leanered alot on what products work with Chrons....It's a complete life style change...as Doctors perscriptions and surgery do nothing...!!!!

If you would like to correspond email me at [email protected]

If not..good luck in your journey..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yay! You know what this means!

There will still be at least one polite republican on ATS!!!!!

Yay! Yay!

I'm so happy for you and your family. My best. Take care!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I dont know you and I dont know what you are going through.

But good luck brother.

P.S: Either way brother we will all meet up one day ... Hang in there ...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chalino

Well aren't you simply adorable? And I'm sure that signature will take you far!..................

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chalino

No one cares ... lololol You must be a lonelly man. Yes its a cycle of life but people care that you wont be around anymore for various reasons.

If it would be my friend my brother, my familly and you would of said that to my face. Brother we would have a problem because I care when my people pass away even if its nature, a cycle. I care because its the end of the story with them and I dont believe there is nothing after so I care if anyone I know is going to die.

You should to, unless you have no one to care for or no one cares about you ...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chalino
no one cares if youre going to die....get it over it. its all part of the cycle of life............

Checked out your other posts. Wow! You are one angry dude, aren't you? Welcome to ATS! I hope we can change your attitude!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't say things like these too often but good luck.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join