It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debating God. Religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I Would really like to go against a debate.

In realtime, especially Gmail, or AIM..

If anyone is up for it, I'd like to go for it.

Any religion, I'd like to have a go.

Just got out of an engaging debate, wanting more, so I'd like to ask those on ATS, for that help.

If you do, privately of course, to convince me of god (which a religion says to do), then please U2U me.

Or U2U me for my email, or AIM, and I wlll be glad, and more then happy to discuss it!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'll do it. Although it will need to be here or in U2U.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hahahahhahahaha....somewhat frivolous, though, don't you think? Debating God? Been going on thousands of years, and there is not yet a conclusive answer. Religion is another matter, of course.

The internet (and even this site) is testament to that.
But yeah, I wouldn't mind an interesting debate. I usually find that people make way too many assumptions about (my) faith, and attack those instead of actual points I am raising. It takes a while to explain everything out. If there IS to be a debate (and you want it real-time, instead of on this forum), I ask you to u2u me some email or whatever, but clogging up my u2us with the actual debate probably won't be very conducive to anything.

PS: Has there ever, in the history of debate, been one where one side finally said, "I am wrong, you are right, you win"? Must be a rarity, but everyone chases after it

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
PS: Has there ever, in the history of debate, been one where one side finally said, "I am wrong, you are right, you win"? Must be a rarity, but everyone chases after it

Shouldn't expect it. More so I see that happen with certain points and such. And even then rarely.

But overall, I figure I plant seeds into peoples heads. An idea or thought which just sits there. At first, the person doesn't really think anything about it. But there are times when something will happen that reinforces that idea/thought. That is the water. And then from that point forward the idea will grow every time the issue comes up.

If it's a bad idea, or bad seed etc, then there won't be any water for it, and what happens is then toxic to it. Such is the way of understanding - which is what is required for someone to change their mind.

Everyone will think they are right. If we thought we were wrong, we would change our minds. Only a real understanding can make someone change their mind.

So even though nobody may immediately change their mind, the debate is still worthwhile.

[edit on 10/2/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Who said that there needs to be a conclusive result?

All in good fun.

I also apologize for PUI

I was all worked up
when I made this thread.

I enjoy debating it, it's fun, and keeps people sharp.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well, I guess we could have a go..lol.. Of course I am not looking to convince anyone, just to show you that there maybe another option. I will send you a u2u and we can figure out where to go from there. Or we could really debate here on ATS in the grand Debate forum. Its up to you really mate.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Long time no see!

I'd like to keep it formal, u2u's would be nice, I don't like being rushed.

And the Forum, is very awkward

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thread closed.

Have a good group of people, getting overwhelmed now

Thanks for the replies though.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by babloyi

Who said that there needs to be a conclusive result?

All in good fun.

I enjoy debating it, it's fun, and keeps people sharp.

While that is indeed true, this is more of an invitation rather than a topic :/.
Ill message you when I have the time.

I too believe debating is fun and keeps people sharp.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Since my other debators are slow....

TML you know your taking a long time dont you!

I'm still welcoming

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

One "wins" when the other side/position can no longer present their side without resorting to fallacies of logic.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It would be a total waste of time while:
a, Your ego is so involved
b, You have a desire to win as opposed to learn
c, you have no wish to know the truth
d, you have a closed mind'
e, you have no wish to understand the answer

So all in all it is just words and noise. pointless exercise all in all.

top topics

join