It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God hate dwarves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
In Leviticus,God speaks to Moses,and tells him that Dwarves and those with physical abnormalities are not allowed to be priests and are not allowed in church:

21:16 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
21:18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
21:19 Or a man that is broken-footed, or broken-handed,
21:20 Or crookbacked, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;
21:21 No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.
21:22 He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.
21:23 Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the LORD do sanctify them.
21:24 And Moses told it unto Aaron, and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel.

bibletools.org...

So its people with funny eyes,scurvy,the infertile,and those with a flat nose as well who are excluded-Why?
Is it an image thing-like the way an ugly fat person will not get that job as a receptionist in a 5 star hotel these days?
Or was Moses making this up,to demonise those who he did not like himself?
Were these unfortunate people turned into social rejects because of what God/Moses said?

This almost sounds as though there was some kind of a "master race" thing going on,where only the chosen would be allowed to embrace God,and the chosen were those who were physically "correct"-Whats it all about?

It must have been tough to be a squint eyed flat nosed dwarf with scurvy in those days...

I wonder were these rules held by the early Christians,and for how long?

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Those verses are placing limits on membership in the priesthood, not on the worship of G-d in general. Those with blemishes could not enter into the Most Holy Place, or offer up the burnt offerings...then again, entry into the Most Holy Place was a fairly exclusive proposition...only the High Priest could safely enter there, and even he could only do so at certain times, after extensive purification. People with 'blemishes' were more than welcome to worship, they just couldn't be members of the priesthood.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Well firstly you would need to prove God is real in the first place...

Surely this is a contradiction because isn't God supposed to love everybody equally?

Lastly, my bible speak isn't what it used to be but are you sure your interpretting those words correctly?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

I wonder were these rules held by the early Christians,and for how long?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Well keep in mind that these were JEWISH laws.

Romanized Christians adopted the patriarchy of Rome and only admitted males into the clergy.

However other variants of early Christianity recognized women as priests as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Thanks all,and no I am not sure I have the correct interpretation of the words,but they do seem to discriminate certain people.
Just seemed a bit odd.

No i'm not sure God exists,or if he/it existed in a very different form to what the bible says.

HunkaHunka,
I tried to find if dwarves were mentioned in the Talmud,but all I could find was a mention of a Pharoah of Egypt being a dwarf,and something about dwarves being the result of incest.

I guess anyone different was treated differently back then,as that sort of thing still goes on today.

Cheers,SS

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
it's symbology. torah is symbology to describe a god that is one.

A dwarf is someone, a man who is small in essence, spirit
man = spirit
woman = created.

i

new topics

top topics

join