It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists "Reverse Ageing Process"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I imagine athletes and bodybuilders will pay fortunes for this on the black market. We could see Tyson make a comeback at 93, or perhaps Arnie return to the Terminator franchise.

But seriously, as mentioned above, it's a great discovery for the seriously rich and just another reason why the rest of us will never catch them up.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Here's the abstract:

Molecular aging and rejuvenation of human muscle stem cells

Very little remains known about the regulation of human organ stem cells.

-Dev

I find this statement a little odd. Very little remains known?

I wonder what they were trying to say?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unmask The Deception
This looks like it is just in time as the NWO pushes forward. The elite will be able to afford this while the poor die poisoned and too broke to live a long life.

This type of medical technology is exactly what they are waiting for. Once "we" figure out new medical break throughs, we are not needed anymore. Eugenicists FTL.

wow . . .

i know this is ATS, but does everything have to relate to the NWO??

this is awesome news, along the same lines as this:

Developed by scientists from Clemson University, the gel
creates new blood vessels and later encourages the body's
own stem cells to replace dead bone or brain cells.

Twelve weeks after a devastating brain injury some test rats
had recovered almost all of their original muscle and
sensory functions.

more at:

dsc.discovery.com...
ml

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm on lunch break at work. I will investigate this further when I have time, but if this is true, then this is huge. Thanks.

Edit:
If everyone had access to this technology, we could build a utopia. We would have to expand beyond Earth within 20-30 years of the release, though. Maybe sooner. Maybe they could also implement this with cryofreezing technology, enabling us to travel vast distances through space with no time loss for the traveler. That would be incredibly complex, but it's still a way to travel the few lightyears to our nearest star without actually "spending" years cramped inside of a spacecraft. If only humans would become enlightened and stop being the greedy, selfish, corrupt bastards we are right now...

[edit on 2-10-2009 by OrphenFire]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh that's just great

And here I was thinking I'll only have to slave away until I was 65 ...

Of coarse they'll bring out this new technology. Get us working longer AND harder with our new strengthened muscles.

Sure its OK if your an aging rock star or some CEO who has everything to live for.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Aging research has been a hot topic as of late. Many organisms have had significant increases in lifespan in the lab over the past 70 years and, more recently, researchers have had success in increasing lifespan in primates. Although, the primate studies had mixed results and were not conclusive.

Scientists find path to fountain of youth

Just another thread on the topic of aging.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
Sure its OK if your an aging rock star or some CEO who has everything to live for.

why do people need to make good things into bad every time?

here i was all happy about the future then my mood gets crapped on.

*sigh* whatever, its ok because my future doesnt look so dark now, no need to be so afraid of an early death now or wasting away in some medical facility.

i mean when small things like typing this takes 45 minutes, you just feel like giving up, you want anything to help even if it might kill you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

What most people fail to consider are the wider implications of something like this. No one lives forever but this has the potential to lengthen the human life span significantly. Population growth is already enormous. Now, you'll have a ever-increasing group of elites who can afford expensive treatments to extend their lives.

Half the world goes hungry - now we will have Americans eating twice as much as everyone else for few extra decades each. What could go wrong?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
guys, there's a word i'm looking for
I don't remember it
it starts with a P

the term means, if you change something in your body to your liking unnaturally, then something else that you don't want will happen in return.

anyone know the word?

I don't get your meaning sir. Please explain to me why I am ignorant

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

but if people live longer people wont be in such a hurry to have children before they hit 40 yrs of age...
births will be spread over hundreds of years rather than only decades....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
What most people fail to consider are the wider implications of something like this. No one lives forever but this has the potential to lengthen the human life span significantly. Population growth is already enormous. Now, you'll have a ever-increasing group of elites who can afford expensive treatments to extend their lives.

Half the world goes hungry - now we will have Americans eating twice as much as everyone else for few extra decades each. What could go wrong?

You're right about that, there will be more people who can live longer and eat more, but those people will probably not still live significantly longer, the science hasn't come far enough to keep them senile into their 130s for example.

Some people are senile into their 90s, I have talked to them, I used to work in Medicare. Others like me are barely coherent now.

And the numbers who can afford these treatments are not going to be so significant either I'd think.

It will only be the same elites who now are the ones already getting liposuction, face lifts, tummy tucks, eyebrow lifts, botox injections, collagen lip implants, breast implants, hair plugs, electralosis, globs and globs of make up...

I mean Joan Rivers, cockroaches and..... who else? Who else will survive very much longer?

Honestly, it will only be yet another way to fight aging, too expensive probably for anyone but the excessively wealthy and excessively vain.

I only hope it can be used for those with legitimate issues, it could really be helpful to some people, especially those who suffer injuries and keep them from using body parts for extensive periods of time.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Doesnt matter if they make everyone look 20 years old permanently, you will still die of old age
why
telomeres get lost everytime your dna replicates...after about 125-150ish years, cells no longer hold telomeres and therefore ju die..full system failure basically. So, having perfect skin, organs, etc etc etc is great, but this is not some immortality serum, just a dramatic increase in life quality should it progress to that point.

Still...absolutely brilliant starting point...and not a bit too soon (beings I am starting to see some wrinkles here and there). Keep up the good work and progress it quickly...this is a big deal should it be advanced (although I imagine as usual it will end up being costly meds to take to stay young looking)

__following is bull# ponderings__
Incidently, has anyone considered what would happen if suddenly those 80 year old former beautys of the silver screen now long forgotten suddenly got their 20 year old looks back...would certainly be a interesting competition amongst who's turn it is to shine...bit of philosophical curiousity there...and more of a problem, what if our favorite granddads started to "get younger"...Sean Connery, The dude that plays Magneto, Imagine a world with Patrick Stewart with a full head of dark hair...wtf

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How about, the treatment is only available to people whom have never had children and get fixed so they never will have children...then you have a choice...have kids, get old, and die early, or live a very long life as a beautiful young looking person but unable to reproduce.

sound acceptable? this would be one surefire way of population reduction as I would imagine 50% of people easily would end up opting for longevity over procreation (can just adopt someone if you feel the need to nurture)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is going to vanish into a black void, several years ago there was hype in the news and online about a new drug that regenerated organs. In a test they were able to restore a 80 year old liver to the function of a 20 year old.

And then poof all the articles and everything related to it dissapeard, just like excersize in a pill.. remember that?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My grandmother gets depressed every time she thinks about aging. she says she does not want to end in a hospital bed, out of energy and withering away like her mother did. These tests to stop the aging process or at least slower it down will undoubtedly give her hopes for the future, assuming this becomes reality within the next decades.

some people won't mind being slaves of "the system" for a REALLY long time if it means that one does not have to worry about seeing their loved ones die by old age anymore.

I know I would do anything necessary to make my life span at least 200 years if it becomes possible

too bad this will probably be so expensive that only the elites can afford it though

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
This is going to vanish into a black void, several years ago there was hype in the news and online about a new drug that regenerated organs. In a test they were able to restore a 80 year old liver to the function of a 20 year old.

And then poof all the articles and everything related to it dissapeard, just like excersize in a pill.. remember that?

Your probably right. I have been reading about breakthroughs for 10 years now dealing with organs, cancers, aids, aging, etc...and after the universities publish it, it goes into that pit of forgotten breakthroughs, never to be questioned or found again.

Which leads to the next problem, why dont people care enough to demand to know where the research went.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Growth hormone and other bodybuilding drugs already work wonders for lots of men and women. But the medical community is still very much against anti-aging medicine. It's ridiculous. Men also go through andropause like women but because testosterone is still such a "taboo" subject many doctors are apprehensive about prescribing it and tell many males to deal with it.

Human growth hormone is bliss.
Those who live in nice countries where you can get it without a prescription should try it. When you do, you will realize that there was a certain exquisite way that you felt when you were younger...that you had completely forgotten the flavor of...until you got the tasty growth hormone shots going. YES YES OH YES!!! Do it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have always known that the body itself is able to regenerate itself.

A really good question to me though is did we evolve from a simple species like that of a monkey? Or did we evolve from a much more complex species that came to earth via travelling. Also did they know the proper diet to provide the body with this regenerative ability? Or does the environment provide us that ability if we know what and how to eat? (Lets hope we havent destroyed the plants that allow for other amazing feats to our human bodies)

The bible (and im not a bible thumper) speaks of very old men (is it due to a slower rotating earth?). Did they know the secrets? Its a very interesting question. I hope by dissecting this new discovery we can get closer to understanding how our human body works... regardless of WHERE we came from. The only problem i see coming from this... The heart is a muscle... So the heart will last longer and so will other organs (meaning we live a long long time)... So thus we will have to "Mate" sparingly and carefully...

With new Discoveries comes great new consequences... we need to use technology wisely... If not, we are calling on our own destruction.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newworld

you should tell your grandmother or mother (sorry i've forgotten already) to exercise mildly, adjust the diet from non processed foods, drink only water and natural fruit juices. You will see a dramatic increase in her energy. I would recommend for her to meditate, focusing on breathing, heart rate, and posture... imagining a healing light going thru her body.

People always want a physical fix for the human condition, i find it ironic that a lot of it is psychological (of the mind). Im not saying her body is not aging, but as a shovel is created, it rusts and deteriorates... but if one takes care of it (protecting it from the elements), it will last as long as physically possible... and such is true for the human body. Take care of your bodies...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

i'll tell her to try that. although she is worried about actual aging. she's in her 50's, and has already seen some of her friends die due to old age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join