It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran agrees to send enriched uranium to Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Iran agrees to send enriched uranium to Russia

www.nytimes.com

GENEVA — Iran agreed on Thursday in talks with the United States and other major powers to open its newly revealed uranium enrichment plant near Qum to international inspection in the next two weeks and to send most of its openly declared enriched uranium outside Iran to be turned into fuel for a small reactor that produces medical isotopes, senior American and other Western officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So, what was Israels take on this?

Will this be monitored by the IAEA full time, including supervision and transfer of the material?

Still seems rather suspicious to me....
I still think Iran will be attacked, but not so sure it will be as massive of a military response, regardless what they say the outcome may be

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Good find
I find it interesting how the IAEA can be switched on, and off like a switch depending on who, and why they are addressing.
S&F

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I think if Israel does attack in this point in time, we do have a responsibility to shoot them down.

Iran wants to work with the US.

This is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Glad things seem to be going well with the Iran issue. Hopefully everything goes peacefully and the world doesn't go to war over this.

I watched President Obama give his little speech today and I don't think everything is going as smooth as we are being led to believe. He looked and sounded like he was pretty pissed off at something. Hopefully it wasn't about the issue with Iran.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What we need now from the UN and the IAEA is an end to US/Israeli Ambiguity Agreement.
Israel has to sign the NPT.
Only the US can make them do that.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
OK, sounds all hunky dory but I imagine it is simply a delay tactic created to buy time before Israel attacks them.

Perhaps they realize Israel's attack is now imminent.

Watch they will pull the "check is in the mail" crap here and try to portray cooperation but in fact they are putting their stuff under mountains and shuffling before the bombardment begins.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Now, im not lover of western imperialism, but

1. Iran have been refining this stuff for a while without anyone knowing.
2. Iran likely have a larger stock pile of refined uranium than the IAEA knows about
3. Nkorea has uranium, refinment facilities and highly enriched uranium.
4. Iran has facilities the IAEA are just discovering, im sure theres more

Iran, specifically the persians are incredibly clever people. under-estimate them at your own peril.

This is just another way of dragging it out.

Iran having the bomb = Israel not being able to push anyone around

And we all know how much Iran loves Israel!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The more allies that Iran builds, then the better they will be off.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of America's irresponsibilities in the past century (starting with the creation of the Federal Reserve) most people are beginning to wake up to the B.S that's brewing.

This will be the last war that we shall all witness, and it's going to be the entire world vs Israel and America.

America will fall because of its own economy, and the people will revolt.

Israel will be bombed back to the stone ages due to its bullying of all its Arab neighbors. It's sad, but that's what many years of corruption will do to a country.

Iran's regime will then be replaced with a new neutral leader.

This is when the New World Order will take place.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
So, what was Israels take on this?

Personally I could care less what Israel thinks.

I'm glad Iran has made this decision. A few more like that and they will be selling lots of oil to Europe. I'm pretty sure Russia will just love that.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

For the most part I agree with Agit, surprisingly.

Iran has a history of concealing it's nuclear projects.
Iran has not allowed the IAEA to investigate anywhere other than at declared sites.

The only enriched uranium that we know of is from declared sites only. We would not be able to track uranium that has been processed elsewhere and not declared. Iran would not put all it's enrichment eggs in one basket, they would have duplicate sites.

When Iran has finally allowed the IAEA to look at a suspected site, it had been scrubbed clean with the buildings and even the surrounding topsoil removed.

I wouldn't trust them on their word, I will need proof.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

How is this any different to Israel? That's my question! The only difference is that one of them has a bunch of Zionist traitors to humanity that are instrumental in bringing about a NWO... so that makes it OK. Iran will be invaded as scheduled! The truth is no object!

IRM

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree 100%.
But, If Israel can have nukes, so can Iran. it keeps the peace.

See, If Iran came out, tesed a nuke and said we have nukes.

thats it, subject over. no war no nothing, because everyone knows as soon as you get the nuke, your home wont be attacked unless its by quasi moto terrorists. but everyone deals with that anyway.

Iran deserve a nuke if Israel deserve a nuke.
I dont agree with Irans policies, but they are under no obligation to let the US and Israel dictate their policies.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree 100%.
But, If Israel can have nukes, so can Iran. it keeps the peace.

I dont agree with Irans policies, but they are under no obligation to let the US and Israel dictate their policies.

I agree wholeheartedly!

IRM

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The sticking point here is this. Yes they will let Russia enrich uranium for them but they will not give up their enrichment facilities (even though they wont be used lol). The US is fine wihth letting a 3rd party enrich for them but they want Irans enrichment facilities dismantled. This they will not do.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Splendid. They get their "small reactor" and will be harvesting plutonium from it. So instead of unstable and antiquated Uranium-based weapon they'll get the modern Plutonium nuke.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

and what you do not seem to understand is that iran is legally allowed , under the NOT , to have enrichment plants

that same NOT which israel has not signed - yet where are all the threats of sanctions

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by pavil

How is this any different to Israel? That's my question! The only difference is that one of them has a bunch of Zionist traitors to humanity that are instrumental in bringing about a NWO... so that makes it OK. Iran will be invaded as scheduled! The truth is no object!

IRM

Iran is a signatory to the NPT, that is what is different.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

apparnatly you shoot your mouth before researching anything;

the reactor operating in tehran is under teh near permanat guidance of the IAEA

oh wait you knew that didnt you?

the plutonium that iran has had for 20 years - is still under the seals from teh 80`s

again you knew this right?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by buddhasystem

apparnatly you shoot your mouth before researching anything;

the reactor operating in tehran is under teh near permanat guidance of the IAEA

oh wait you knew that didnt you?

the plutonium that iran has had for 20 years - is still under the seals from teh 80`s

again you knew this right?

Oh puh-leeze... In face of Iran building secret facilities you have the nerve to say they are in compliance. What bull...

However, the IAEA says that in 2003, after the main enrichment plant at Natanz was discovered, Iran agreed on what's called a Subsidiary Arrangement to its safeguards agreement, under which it would inform the IAEA of any new facility at the preliminary design stage. Iran later repudiated this arrangement, saying that it had not been ratified by its parliament but the IAEA says that no such unilateral repudiation is allowed.

So Western governments argue that Iran did violate the rules. The IAEA agrees.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join