It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Things you Think You Know about Iran that are not True

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

But it´s OK for USA via the CIA to interfere in the politics of several countries in the world and if all else fails, invade them?
Do you even know why the US is present in Afghanistan or Iraq at the moment?

As a result way over one million people has lost their lives in those two countries alone, INCLUDING American!

Remember this story??? www.theage.com.au...

How many Americans died in Vietnam or Korea?

Exacly how many more lives in total has to be lost before the citizens of the US put an end to the corporate CIA wars?

100 000, 1 000 000 or 1 000 000 000?

In the 19th century people went to church to get the opinion of the news from one man, -the priest! Today you have the MSM, controled by who?
Forming your opinion...

Please feel free to enlighten me!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

Do you mean the same MSM that is anti-war and would have us all roll over face down and stick out butts in the air everytime we are attacked instead of standing up and definding ourselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I will pubically claim to be an Iranian lover. I believe the media has totally spun this out of control.

I will continue to post in every single Israel - Iran thread how much I believe that most of what you hear is falsified information.

Why did Iran immediately announce they had no problems with "NEW" facilities inspectors coming to Iraq to inspect the new plant.

And as far as I'm concerned, It is not any countries right to dictate how another country should handle anything.

If you want a war, then start a war. I'd put my life on the fact that Iran will never start a war. Falling for the media spin, and thus getting behind a massive slaughter of civilians is a travesty.

I hope you start investigating. Pro-Israeli's are far more of threat to mankind in general.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
(Hi. New person.)

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned what's been going on in Iran. It seems important to mention that the Iranian regime and the vast majority of the people of Iran are 2 very different & opposing things.
The revolution of 30 years ago has been a very bad thing for them almost from the beginning. About every 10 years or so, some group (usually associated with the universities) has the audacity to suggest changes and a move toward more freedom & democracy. What always follows is mass arrests, torture (esp rapes of both females & males) & mass executions or murders. 60+% of the population is under 30 years old, but even the older people are very, very unhappy with the "Republic" of Islam.
Apparently, the last "election" cycle, there were several "reform" candidates on the ballot- one (Mousavi, "head" of the Green Movement) of them won dramatically and the incumbent (Ahmadinejad) was declared the winner in a very obviously corrupt way. Massive peaceful demonstrations ensued & many were beaten, arrested, tortured & killed- both on the streets & as a result of torture in the prisons + executions) Lebanese Hizbollah & Hamas basij have been brought in (alongside IRGC/ basij troops) to do most of the abuse (the Iranian regime is the primary financial support of these terrorists). Iranian Army (Ardesh) & police have not (generally) been involved & some of those have been arrested to prevent them joining the people. Cell phone & internet service has been shut down periodically, but the people of Iran have done a remarkable job of getting info, videos & photographs out to the rest of the world. Extra-national journalists were thrown out early on & most of what's been carried by people like CNN & BBC has come from these "citizen journalists".

What may be surprising is that the people of Iran are fighting hard (they are no longer afraid & totally committed) for freedom & democracy. Most of them are fighting for at least a separation of Islam & government. Many/ most want a completely new system. Some of the mullahs are fighting with them & one of the presidential candidates (Karroubi- a cleric) has been taking great risks by both protesting with them and making a huge stink over the rapes. The Iranian people are, apparently, *very* pro-West, not at all acrimonious to Israel and are very much opposed to all this nuclear stuff (I have the impression to nuclear power also) They are adamant that things remain peaceful (this seems to go back to Zoroastrian roots) and are unarmed. Presently, 3 Americans are being held in Iran. They were vacationing in Khurdistan; hiking near the Iranian border and either crossed over or were snatched by Iranian forces. I think there are also a Canadian journalist and a French student/ journalist being held still. So there are hostages in play now.

An attack on Iran isn't as likely to re-galvanize the Iranian people to the regime as it was, but it would be a good thing to support them in whatever ways we can to facilitate their ousting of the regime. Proxies (& Haystack) are always needed and moral support (which they do hear & spread by word of mouth) can be expressed via Twitter (hashtag #iranelection).

You tube is full of videos of their struggles and also protests in NY when Ahmadinejad was at the UN recently. There are many, many blogs by people in Iran & expats in the US. U2 has taken up their cause since the election & incorporated that message into their stage sets.
This is an incredibly beautiful country, very cool people. Their pre-Arab history is really something. I urge you to check them out & support them if your heart moves you to.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Before...like earlier today whilst I wasn´t logged in there where some comments made by individuals who disapproved with my opinions?

Fine by me!

But now that I log in, they´re gone????!!!!

Say what???

Any mods like to explain?

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by m4ng4n]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Australia is one place I would love to visit. I was wondering because people in some parts of the world hate the USA no matter what good it has done in the world. I don't think I would count Australia as one of those places, so I agree, knowing where you are from doesn't enlighten me about your view points.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

No Australia loves the USA I myself visited your great country last November

No hate over here mate love your country and always have and always will.

All i am doing is to show two sides of the story.

I myself like most people hate to see conflict and people suffering.

at the moment Israel and America have it in for Iraq.
In the next few weeks after things die down due to the media exposing Iran's cooperation, America should do a back flip on there statements .

America will see peace in Iran and Israel can be met through a long and peaceful intervention.

Thanks

No Ill statements by me about America

maybe you should read post with a open mind and stop thinking that a different point of view is hatred towards you and your country.

anyway come and visit you will be more than welcome.
Ocker

[edit on 3/10/2009 by ocker]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join