It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wonders I beheld from an Orange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hello fellow members of the popular conspiracy site! I know that I say that every time and I have never actually written about anything even remotely like a conspiracy, but the Skunk Works is a good way to put your ideas about without being tied down to a particular theme; or standards really...

Anyway I was just sitting musing, the virtues of cruising- oop, sorry
, hehe, I was just sitting down with this bowl and in the bowl I had placed an Apple, a banana AND an Orange. As I peeled the orange I thought, "Wow! Look at the texture of this thing; it's unlike pretty much anything...", and that's when I had my little epiphany: Nothing is the same on this planet and the only things that are similar are pretty much always of the same species or whatever; but yet we all came from one thing, right? One tiny little thing that changed over time until we have what we now have- an abundance of unique individuals.

Take the orange: how different is the texture of an orange to an apple? Basically it's entirely different. How different are those two to the banana? Must I say? Then you take the orange and you look at a chunk of meat- so much difference! But what is it that makes everything similar? Everything organic can be linked by one simple thing and that simple thing is liquid, water to be precise. Why? Because everything that is comes from the ocean and, no matter how much time deforms nature's organic entities from their original states we will always be drawn to the stuff through fear of death, and maybe a little bit of home sickness. The primordial pool that does lap at our desires so. When someone sweats, what is it? Is it orange? banana? apple? no, water!

Anyway, leading on, if water does not exist anywhere but our own galaxy, what have things evolved from on other planets? If water does not exist there then what they evolved from probably won't exist here and that would make them so much different to any life we know of. Imagine the possibilities, but then again you probably can't because to us as Earth goers there is nothing else, how could we imagine something else? It's like trying to make up a new musical note or a brand new colour of some kind. I think that's what I wanted to say anyway

Thankyou for reading (unless you skipped to this bit because it's short
I understand) this and I hope it is of interest to you all.

Ramadwarf on how to make a diet interesting

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
uh...it's an ORange. Just EAT the damn thing you smelly hippy!!!

Nah, just kidding.
Boggles the mind don't it? I don't know why, but I have a really hard time thinking about life being anything but carbon-based. Just biased that way, I suppose. I can't wait till I get get proven wrong, but what about some sort of goo creatures...like pudding beings. We would probably want to eat them too.

I hope that orange wasn't feeling the pain of you consuming it's flesh.

Who's to say, my friend....who's to say?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Well you never know, do you?
I know what you mean: it is hard, impossible it would seem, to imagine anything that isn't carbon based; especially so if you try to do it in detail. All I get in my head are 'Pudding Beings' and 'Goo Gals', I doubt anyone could without it looking a bit cliched or just naff.
Thanks for that, and 'smelly hippy'? when did you see me?

Ramadwarf on Goo Gals- a fantasy

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What was you post about some fruits or something? Was it important? I really dont know I read about a bowl with an apple, a banana, and an orange then skipped to the last part. Saw something about meat and water and then evolution and our galaxy. Must have been important.

I will give you a star when I am at a computer , if I remember.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by YEAHHA

Well thankyou very much
, yes it was sort of about fruit but sort of not if you know what I mean. Y'know, the fruit was the starting point of what I was talking about.
Please remember!

Ramadwarf on a reply

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You get a star just for thinking out of the box. Now only if everybody stopped to think about things more often we would not take things so much for granted. Keep thinking buddy keep thinking.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
OMG!

Talk about synchronicity!

Check out my thread:

Peach Pit

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
OMG!

Talk about synchronicity!

Check out my thread:

Peach Pit

Ahahaha wow you guys, I wonder what kind of mind exploding you would get with a Dragonfruit, or a Passionfruit even.

Durian?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
And I always thought life was like a box of chocolates.

Maybe I need to go for the chocolate covered cherries instead.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ha that's weird, I've thought about this kinda thing before as well. It's so weird to think about isn't? Sometimes I think, what if there are other universes where all the rules that govern ours, don't apply at all. Instead a whole new set of rules are in place. Maybe what we think of as life or existence or anything, is completely different? The possibilities would be endless!

Also, I once made a thread wondering if there are colours that we haven't seen before here

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
When someone sweats, what is it? Is it orange? banana? apple? no, water!

Lol imagine if there was a universe or alternate reality where people did sweat orange or banana or apple? Lol, that would be really weird

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Thankyou my friend
I will keep my thoughts going: it's not only good for the mind to do so but the outcome is often pretty fun to talk about! And I do agree, more people should stand back from things and really think about what they see/don't see; it can be very uplifting to do so!

Ramadwarf on TiMLoRD's reply

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Blumin 'eck! Two of us simultaneously decided to see the world differently after looking at the inside of some fruit!
I like that, it just goes to show that these ideas are in all of us doesn't it?
Thankyou, and a nice thread to you too!

Ramadwarf on fruitful fruit

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nick_X

Well, I guess there's only one way to find out!
The only question is who wants to go first?
Hehehe, thanks

Idle_Rocker

Hmm, Cherry Liquers (if I spelled that right) might be the most interesting way to go with that idea
Thanks for the thought

IntelRetard

Yeah it is a strange place, made even stranger by Hamster Nipples
What leaves do you recommend? Banana Leaves? Hmm
Thanks mate

Ramadwarf on an exploration, alcoholic options and furry nipples

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

When I was walking home from College today after a not so fruitful day, listening to "Forse le lucciole non si amano più" I tried my hardest to imagine a brand new colour or try to think of a sound that I haven't heard but it was in vain. I tried to think of a living organism that shares its features with nothing we know of and that was impossible too. I reckon there will be colours and sounds we haven't heard before too
and that's a nice thread

Ramadwarf on Italian Prog, colours and sounds

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
For Sparkly_Eyed777 and Emsed1

You two reckon we should just merge the three threads together and go that way?
They're all so similar I can't believe it!

Ramadwarf on his disbelief and subsequent joy

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Now you have a star for your post.

I still haven't read it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
For Sparkly_Eyed777 and Emsed1

You two reckon we should just merge the three threads together and go that way?
They're all so similar I can't believe it!

Ramadwarf on his disbelief and subsequent joy

Lol it's cool how similar our threads are! Especially knowing I'm not the only one who thinks about this kinda stuff and I'm not crazy lol!

Do you ever get a feeling when you're thinking about this kind of thing, where you almost feel like your head's about to explode? Like trying to imagine eternity, it seems inconceivable. I suppose it would be next to impossible to imagine anything we've never seen or experienced before. Lol but it's fun trying though!

S&F btw

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by YEAHHA

Ramadwarf says thanks!
You didn't have to sit through it and I know I didn't bore you to sleep (plus I got me a star :roll

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

Oh yes, I know that feeling!
When I think about infinity and the totally unknown it can feel like my brain has momentarily stopped working and is about to blow; or it's like the ol' thought organ is greased or something and the idea can't penetrate it so it just slips around until I rationalize it enough to be understandable.
But you're not crazy, unless we're both crazy
This is the sort of stuff that could send me over the edge I think.

"Rama, what happened? First it was the violence, now the alcohol, and now this...
What happened?"
"The orange, it showed me things..."

And I couldn't agree more- it is super trying to get your head around these ideas
Have you (or anyone for that matter) ever managed to successfully think of something that might come under the subject matter here? I know I haven't
Thanks

Ramadwarf on a greasey brain, the unknown, and an alcoholic downfall

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join