It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is watching Fox News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have DirecTV. It has a button on the remote called "active."

If you have DirecTV, press the "active" button.

Using the remote, move the cursor to the "National" section under WHAT'S HOT.

It shows the five most watched shows on DirecTV at that moment.

Fox News is ALWAYS in the #1 position.

I have never once seen CNN or MSNBC in the top five....ever.

In fact, as I type, House Hunters on the HGTV network is being watched more then CNN or MSNBC. Fox News is in the number one slot right now.

Does this mean only crazy, radical Republicans watch DirecTV?

I am just trying to gauge what everyone thinks about this.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I watch it to see how dangerously retarded most of my country is. And for the laughs..

But seriously, how can you be surprised by that? It is projected that Sarah Palins new book is going to sell more copies than The Davinci Code.

There is no hope for America when there is that kind of stupid running about.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Its funny, last year about this time, people were denouncing FOX as the mouthpiece of the Republican party and a sham news host.

Now it's practically the biblical truth around this site.

Funny how things change.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Are you viewing ATS in bizzaro world?

Fox is being blasted on this site on an hourly basis in regular world ATS.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm sorry, I must be thinking of WND. I get those two confused.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I watch it to see how dangerously retarded most of my country is. And for the laughs..

There is no hope for America when there is that kind of stupid running about.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that the retarded ones might be the elitists bitching about Fox all the time?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Nope... Never..

I genuinely feel that if you watch and agree with the circus show that is Sean Hannity, Neil Cavuto, and Glenn Beck, that you may be criminally insane.

At this point, I think Bill O'Reilly is probably just really good at making money by being a complete tool, but that is only because I haven't lost complete hope in humanity.

I love how the word "elitist" is thrown around so much by stupid people. Perhaps your elitism is my idealism? I only ask people to stop believe in EDUTAINMENT and instead become part of the elitist ideal that is actual education.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

People like to be entertained, and others like to yell at the TV screen.

All of the 24/7 news channels make tons of money for their corporate owners. They purposely slant them so they can get a mix of audience members to watch: half that like them, the other half that hates them.

And the corporate owners laugh all the way to the bank.

Also, have you heard how much these commentators make? They rake in more than the top series TV actors. Not a bad business at all to be in.

BTW, Glenn Beck pulls in seven figures a year, how much did you pull in? If he is crazy, he is a very rich crazy man.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Most rich men are fairly crazy..

As to the rest of your post, I agree almost 100%.

I do think Rachel Maddow, although a bit too liberal for my taste, is a pretty smart individual. But then again, I like Bill Maher too. At least they outwardly make fun of their peers, and themselves. They actually acknowledge that its all a joke.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
reply to post by Anjin

Nope... Never..

I genuinely feel that if you watch and agree with the circus show that is Sean Hannity, Neil Cavuto, and Glenn Beck, that you may be criminally insane.

At this point, I think Bill O'Reilly is probably just really good at making money by being a complete tool, but that is only because I haven't lost complete hope in humanity.

I love how the word "elitist" is thrown around so much by stupid people. Perhaps your elitism is my idealism? I only ask people to stop believe in EDUTAINMENT and instead become part of the elitist ideal that is actual education.

Yes, and PMSNBC, the NY Times (The old gray lady needs douche), CNN and the rest are wonderful thuth tellers...:shk: Everyone loves to hate the guy on top. I laugh at the pitiful attempt to blame Fox for everything that is wrong with TV. Nothing like beating a dead horse...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

Being the most popular sh** peddler in a parade of shysters doesn't sound all that great to me.

None of them are any good. Its just Fox is the worst. That's why they are the most popular. Because Americans are stupid.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Rachel Maddow is the only one I watch. She is liberal and does not hide that fact. However, she goes after the Democrats as much as the Republicans. When the public option was voted down last week, Rachel showed how much money the Democrat nay voters received from the health care and pharmaceutical giants. It is enough to make one cry.

She is also the only one on the air who has been reporting about the Halliburton spin off company where it's faulty wiring has killed a dozen of our soldiers living in dorms over seas. That is a crying shame.

I do not like C(elebrity) NN or any of the others out there.

PBS Frontline is the only one out there that does any real investigative reporting other than Rachel Maddow,

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
For you Glenn Beck fans out there:

rawstory.com...

It is nice he can cry on cue, yet laugh all the way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have Direct tv and right now ESPN sports center is number one. Fox News is not even on the list, which is just fine with me.

All those news networks, not just fox news are complete BS who peddle their own agenda to anyone who will listen for more than five minutes to the nonsense, and propaganda spewing out of your television speakers....

I rarely utilize the "active" feature on my Direct TV, so I can not vouch for the OP that Fox news is usually number one on the most watched list, I can say that right now it is not...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I totally agree with you. I used to be in the camp that said that only fox news is biased. Now as I watch other news agencies and other news networks I see that they all have some sort of hidden agenda in mind.

I watch the news to get the official mainline reality. So then I can know what the statists think, and, what the people still in the system think. All these people have their own biases towards the Democrats or the Republicans.

You won't really be able to find an independent reporter. They're mostly bought out by the two parties and the independents who are in the news media are also within the system.

It's really shameful how the media is now. I think that the people who are saying only fox is biased are the people who are elitists. Yes. However, as you've said- other news agencies are biased too.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
its spelled fox news but its actually prononced "F Snooze" just go back to sleep, infact dont even wake up, lol. i dont know if i can drop the f bomb here.

new topics

top topics

join