It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens think we like Hitler?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

Beat me to it, I lay no claim to being a telecommunications master, however I believe that the signals sent ( at least in 1936 ) would not have enough power to make it very far without being thoroughly degraded by the time it came anywhere near a place that could possibly receive the signal due to electromagnetic distortion and such, so it's a fairly safe bet that these broadcasts are long gone by now, unless there was a spaceship however around with a beacon trained at the Earth at the time, which I guess is possible, as anything could happen, but it's very unlikely

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
90% of you are just animals who love to destroy and kill anyone you want, so live in the real world and see that most of you are no different from people you speak about.

You cannot be a master of two houses, like the late phil schneider would say.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
haha someones been watching contact
that movie pissed me off -__-"

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I think if there are alien beings watching us they are likely horrified by what they've seen (if they are advanced). Our civilization is primitive, our Earth is slowly reaching its population limits and we still haven't found any equilibrium with nature or with our own selves. We are in the early stages of development as an "intelligent" species and unless we shape up we might just wipe ourselves out in the next century or two.

I can think of a lot of reasons why aliens wouldn't want to contact us, especially if television signals ending up in space were what they used as a gauge of human behavior/history. Violence, war, starvation, cannibalism, Hitler is the least of our worries.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, if the alien race that found the Olympic speech from Hitler I do not think we would have anything to worry about, at least not under the pretenses you set up.

You said they would know nothing of war, so that would mean they know nothing of Hitlers persecution of the Jews.

What they would see is a video of a man announcing some weird event called the olympics... perhaps Hitler would be the inspiration for the first ever intergalactic olympics...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
context is everything - and without context , the broadcasts from berlin are pretty meaningless

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Actually I didn't set that parameter up I only threw that out there as a what if. It is possible although some claim it can't be for an advanced race. In my opinion they are imposing their outlook of humanity on something totally alien.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade

It was believed that they would, but new findings have pointed out that our radio signals are distorted by cosmic radiation.

First the signal has to get out of the ionosphere... AM radio and shortwave bounce back. FM and TV can penetrate the ionosphere but since most radio and TV sations concentrated their signal power HORIZONTALLY to reach listeners on EARTH... little is escaping

What does escape gets deteriorated quickly into noise. SETI is not evenl ooking for talk.. they are looking for patterns in the RF waves that would not be natural

But television and radio broadcasts are omni-directional - albeit focused as much as possible towards the horizon - and that means a lot of diffusion.

Assuming the energy spread out equally in a sphere, and that the receiver on Gliese C was as big as the planned Square Kilometre Array of antennas on Earth, the television signals reaching the planet would be a billion, billion, billion times smaller than the original signal generated on Earth, says Dr Maggie Aderin, a space scientist at technology firm Astrium.

"Of course, no one more than about 50-70 light-years away will have yet heard from us, but I figure that our earliest broadcasts are washing over about one new star system each day. So the potential audience is growing." Seth Shostak

news.bbc.co.uk...

Stars within 50 light years... So this is effectively as far away as anyone COULD have heard us so far

www.atlasoftheuniverse.com...

[edit on 2-10-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So if these signals deteriorate that quickly why does SETI look for them?( an honest question Zorgon, not a prod) Wouldn't it be more efficient to look for more stable energy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join