It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens think we like Hitler?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I know that the title is a little odd...but hear me out. I was watching a history channel show on Nostradamus and it just got the six degrees synapses firing. (No I am not a Nostradamus believer) I came to the Carl Sagan Contact train of thought. The first pictures ever beamed into spaced was the Olympics as held by Nazi Germany.1936 Berlin Olympics Assuming they even understand what they are seeing, how damaging is this? Let's say the race that recieves this knows nothing of war, knows nothing of suffering on a scale as this man perpetrated. What are we telling these races? This is nothing more than another mental exercise. Please forgive me if this does offend some it was not my intent. If there are alien races visiting earth would they have recieved this transmission? Do they base thier handling of contact based on this? If so are we in trouble?
Carl Sagan tribute

[edit on 1-10-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Let's say the race that recieves this knows nothing of war, knows nothing of suffering on a scale as this man perpetrated. What are we telling these races?

Think about this...how would they know what Hitler took part in? Quite a few humans don't even know - and they're Locals...it's not a documentary on the guy.

If they know nothing of war, something I would highly doubt of a civilization that can receive the transmission, then they know nothing of this man...

Everything is gonna be o.k.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You're crazy. Really.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 943002
You're crazy. Really.
Second line.

Which one of us are you complimenting..?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
As you said, the first pictures beamed into space was of the 1936 Olympic Games, so that is exactly what they would see.

They didn’t beam pictures of the invasion of Poland by the Nazi’s into space, so I don’t know what you’re worried about.

If they see it, they will see a mass games involving different countries of the world and races competing together in one huge event. Which is a good thing.

If the first pictures sent to space were of Hiroshima, then I’d be worried.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Actually while this was the first transmission it wasn't the last. If you remember, there were countless propaganda newsreels from both sides once the WW2 started. I am not trying to start panic nor do I believe any of this, NOR AM I crazy. I simply wanted to start a discussion. Nothing more. Use it or lose it. That goes with the mind as well. If you don't think of these things then you might be caught off guard. A little leeway people

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Come on. Them aliens created Hitler. It's all made up.

Haven't you ever seen a stage hypnotist make fifty dudes think they're ballerinas? You really think that's possible without a big headed alien doing his psychic shenanigans?

Do you really buy the garbage that goes on in the world these days? Come on, man. America just took over two countries, and now we're going after a third? Watching Obama and Clinton threaten Iran on the idiot box, you can look at their faces and tell they're under the influence of something else.

Something really fishy is going on.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Actually anything transmitted over analog signal TV goes into space as does radio waves. So if it was broadcast anywhere in the world it went outside as well. THIS IS A MENTAL EXERCISE! Not me believing that we offended other alien races.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

It is plain to see that this has gone horribly off track and the point of the post is lost.....Feel free to turn this into whatever...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Let me guess, you just finished watching the movie 'Contact'?

Love that movie.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

NO actually. It happened just as I said. Everyone has those weird mental connections happen sometimes. That is all. To tell you the truth I can't watch that movie anymore because her fake accent...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I would say they understand to some extent because they themselves may have gone through something of that sort...haha don't worry the don't judge, they just see that some of us have not experienced the light, or love, or the greatness of giving.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
the aliens know more about our society and everything else on this planet that anyone on earth knows.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

1936 Berlin Olympics

the race that recieves this knows nothing of war, knows nothing of suffering on a scale as this man perpetrated.

This is nothing more than another mental exercise.

When they show up and see modern humans killing one another, starving to death...when they animals in cages being slaughtered and skinned alive for fur...when they see the horror films we watch and the first person shooters we play...

...then surely they'll wonder why we've fallen into such hopeless depravity in our modern age and wonder what happened to the very nice man who just wanted to get people together to play some sports.

Perspective is a funny thing sometimes.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Assuming they know what sports are. That is the point. How do you categorize Hitler if your civilization doesn't know war?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I read recently that after a few hundred light years, all of our radio transmissions simply degrade into cosmic noise and wouldn't be discernible to anyone.

If this is true, it doesn't bode too well for Seth Shostak & Co at SETI.

IRM

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Good point indeed.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
how would they not know war?

they're highly advance. part of progressing is having some problems in the way.

they could have had someone like hitler too.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by platipus]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Do they base thier handling of contact based on this? If so are we in trouble?

only if their perception of our history is as limited as the public's interpretation of history.

which.. i think is most likely a far cry from the truth.. as 'they' most likely (IMO) have been here for millions of years before we even began to crawl the earth... and seeded us with the very religious and occult symbols that actually influenced the holocaust.

i think you're jumping to conclusions without pondering this deeply.

it's not as simple as you portend.

-

[edit on 2-10-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
No.

Why? our radiosignls do not go through forever, infact they don't even reach the nearest solar system.
It was believed that they would, but new findings have pointed out that our radiosignals are distorted by cosmic radiation.

Sorry people, no alien contact will come from our broadcasts unless they are already flying relatively close to our solar system.

Also, even if they would view the broadcast of Hitler, they would also see that we have defeated him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join