It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why our future/past self's could exist in the present WITH us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
u can paint over me
but my hunger will still remain

I had a thought that occured to me randomly.
Could your present self, co-exist with a future/past yourself, in the same world...time...reality...and dimension?

From much research, and quantum theroy it suggest's that we can not. Logically it is right, without any quesiton in my mind. But of course...most theroies with logic, have been found incorrect.

With this in mind, a thought occured to me.

WHY YOU COULD EXIST WITH THE SAME FUTURE/PAST YOU...

Now the main reason being is that, you would exist but in an alternate reality. Perhaps based off of parrell universe's alternate US's are already existing, we just obviously dont know it.
Now the reason why i feel that the future/past us could exist is based off of time, and meaning.

I'll use the example of TWINS...
twins anatomical and biologically are the same person. The only thing that divides and separates them for the most part is THEM. There soul, there core essence, who they are, what they belief. To simplify this, we'll say there SOUL.
Now what divides most of us between each other, at least what we perceive division, it is WHO WE ARE, what we experience, what we feel, and what we believe.
Other than that we are basically made up of all the same stuff, with slightly different biological differences.

Now the future/past us...would have experienced something DIFFERENT THAN US.
If you went 10 years back...what knowledge, the wisdom, the person YOU ARE...is most likely radically different than who i am now.
For instance i am 21...if i went back 10 years...i would only be 11 years old. Obviously THIS CURRENT ME, would have experienced, believed, and seen many things different than the past me. Thus making ME...the present and entirely different person. And the past being a radically different person than my current.

What i mean to say is, the only difference it seems that divides us is our personality...our "soul"...twins co-exist in this world, the only thing dividing them is there personality. If they had the exact same personality, exact same beliefs, exact same outlook...they would be the exact person. Not saying that one would just be deleted from this universe,but the idea is that they are can exist because they are different.

Now based off of that...I do believe that a future us, that traveled back in time could come back to a time NOW, and interact with us, like nothing happened. The reason being we are different person's....although our biological and anatomical structure is one the same..we as a person, as a soul, and our personality is radically different.

therefore, the EXACT PERSON would never truelly exist. The only thing that would EXIST IN THIS DIMENSION, REALITY, AND TIME...is the same biological structure, and even at that...the biology would be different (older age,younger age)...the same PERSON would never truelly exist, because the "SAME PERSON" was in fact a different person.

It also makes me think of the complexity of our "SOULS"...if in fact a soul is real and true. And when we leave this physical form we "move on" perhaps the universe is more complex than we could ever think to imagine in this body. What if our soul was split into infinity...who knows

what says you

[edit on 1/10/2009 by kaskade]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I always wondered if the past, present and future are fixed where life is concerned. What I mean is when we die can we live in any time frame? What if we are allowed to choose or are forced to live in a certain time period.

So I am 40, let's say I die in 30 years which will make it about 2040. But, if there is life after death and we live again, what is to say we follow future time lines when we come back. Maybe I come back in the 1930's or middle ages for all we know.

I mean we may very well come back in a future time line but an interesting thought is that we would live in a past time line.

This would mean we would live someone elses experience in the past time line. Or live in a way that would not alter the future. Or we alter the future in a way that TPTB in the after life want us to alter it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
I always wondered if the past, present and future are fixed where life is concerned. What I mean is when we die can we live in any time frame? What if we are allowed to choose or are forced to live in a certain time period.

So I am 40, let's say I die in 30 years which will make it about 2040. But, if there is life after death and we live again, what is to say we follow future time lines when we come back. Maybe I come back in the 1930's or middle ages for all we know.

I mean we may very well come back in a future time line but an interesting thought is that we would live in a past time line.

This would mean we would live someone elses experience in the past time line. Or live in a way that would not alter the future. Or we alter the future in a way that TPTB in the after life want us to alter it.

maybe thats what de ja vu could possibly be?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
twins are composed of different MATTER> they may be identical but thier atoms arent.

the same matter cant occupy the same space at the same time.

parallel space maybe?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I ask you all to open up your minds just a bit more...

Now we always tend to think of us in an alternate reality...that our PHYSICAL SELVES, that we see right now...say you sitting on the computer..whatever YOU LOOK LIKE in the mirror...that person you see and recognize as YOU.
Most of tend to think that person, is living in an alternate reality. That the person you see right NOW...is in another universe doing whatever decisions you could have done differently. Perhaps if you DIDNT GET MARRIED TO THAT PERSON...the alternate universe is living out that decision.
Now it makes me think why we think of such a small scale.

What if you were born into africa...
what if you were raised in a jewish community
what if you were buddhist
what if you were this...what if you were that...
we seem to think the law is only bound to THIS SELF...that we see everyday and perceive as US...

this goes to raise the question of, perhaps we ARE ALL ONE...
that literally we all live in our OWN REALITY, in our OWN DIMENSION...
because what you perceive the world to be right now... IS NOT the same as another perceives it...
literally we live in different realities and dimensions everyday, we just fail to realize the simple complexity of it.

But it makes me question...what if there is an infinite amount of "alternate universe's" of us living in a different time...but as well as a different race...different species...different planet ...different galaxy, and so on...and so on...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
twins are composed of different MATTER> they may be identical but thier atoms arent.

the same matter cant occupy the same space at the same time.

parallel space maybe?

says who?
we also said that ATOMS were the smallest anything could get..and look how that ended up for us...quantum...
and then we said things HOLD EVERYTHING TOGETHER...
and then when we got down to the quantum level, we found out energy was the only thing holding all together...

so yea...SAYS WHO AGAIN?...
the ones who found out there "truth" was wrong quite recently?

btw...we revolve around the sun, and the entire space is composed of ONLY dark matter...
thats what they physicists said a few years ago at least

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
there was a thread concerning special ops whereby trained infiltrators were conditioned and chemically adjusted before death so that their core essence (soul) knew to be born in such n such area. The story I'm referring to is one where the operative got a call some time after ending the procedure, from a man in russia. "My new name is xx, xx, and I am so-and-so reporting..."

Sounds fabulous, but the only ways to prove it are to take the leap of faith.

ie: outside of this world, there is not time. So, when you die, you get to choose where and when you want to be born. But of course, many stories, colorful or plain, speak about some sort of mind wipe system in place to deter us from remembering other lives lived on planes with time.

But then again, the world is flat and you'd better not go over there because you'll fall off. duh.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisjuan
there was a thread concerning special ops whereby trained infiltrators were conditioned and chemically adjusted before death so that their core essence (soul) knew to be born in such n such area. The story I'm referring to is one where the operative got a call some time after ending the procedure, from a man in russia. "My new name is xx, xx, and I am so-and-so reporting..."

Sounds fabulous, but the only ways to prove it are to take the leap of faith.

ie: outside of this world, there is not time. So, when you die, you get to choose where and when you want to be born. But of course, many stories, colorful or plain, speak about some sort of mind wipe system in place to deter us from remembering other lives lived on planes with time.

But then again, the world is flat and you'd better not go over there because you'll fall off. duh.

Very very interesting...it saddens me to think what our species REALLY TRUELLY KNOWS...and what the few let and allow the REST TO KNOW. I wonder if your story is true....and if it is what else did they "try" or think they could do?...
thanks for the input =]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I wonder if the story is true as well. But it's not 'my' story. Just paraphrasing (and not that well) what I vaguely remember.

I don't even remember what to search for to get the old thread up, maybe someone will know.

I've heard dozens of concepts and theories about what happens when we die, and what is outside of 'life' as we experience it. And they sound good, some great, some awesome, but to know the truth would require one of two things.

1. You'd have to not have your memories of before this life erased, you'd remember. You would just know. Not provable.
2. You die. You're in this state. But before you come back, you're wiped again. No way to prove anything.

so for now, these things sound great. And sometimes when I think about these sorts of things, interesting things happen out of the norm, but... outside of any personal belief, you couldn't really prove it unless another you (or what would technically be a portion of your greater soul) 'knew' and approached you in conversation about said topics. - and then again, what percentage of those possible situaitons would the now you go, "it can't be, this situation is so un-normal I must be going nuts."

Which for the record, never tell yourself you are going nuts. If strange or synchronized things are happening, it works back your fear. If something strange comes your way, have utter FUN with it. Best tactic EVAR.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by mynameisjuan]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
hehehe... you missed a spot .

the twins .

the twins separated at birth , live in a common time , but the nature of soul directs them to live simalar lives .

if you are born in a diffrent time , who you are changed ... you are not you.

if you are born in a diffrent place , live a diffrent earth , you are a diffrent person... you are not you.

even when the soul remains the same , when and where you live is who you are .

a soul is as much the place and time , as the gene's which created its being .

on the topic of one soul in all living things... one master awareness which is everywhere in time and space ....

you are looking at god , not soul or awareness....

your soul has the same physic's relationship with god as

a single atom's location has to infinite space ...or...

a single moment in time , the day your child is born ... that moment ... in time has to eternity ....

to suggest that all location is the same as infinity ... or one moment is the same as eternity is not seen in the evidance.

show me one exsample any where ... and I will open my mind to its exploration and concideration

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
did anyone see the Star Trek movie? the old Spock and new Spock seemed like totally different people.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's funny you should post this today, because the exact same thought occurred to me earlier when I was climbing the wooden stairs up our back porch...

The past me put me in the situation I am in today. A lot of other entities/spirits/circumstances had their influence and sway, but the thing that ultimately tied all of those other things together and defined how they now influence me in this present moment, was my past self. My past self handed me this down directly to this very moment, and so "I" trod along into the future as well.

Do things in good judgment right now, in this present movement, and have trust in yourself, and love yourself.

You will take good care of yourself.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by bsbray11]

new topics

top topics

join