It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsey Graham calls birthers 'Crazy'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Cracks are beginning to show in the steadfast monotone voice that has been the Republican party for far too long now. It is scary when either party always seems to agree on everything. It would be nice to think a fresh idea could show up once in a while. The Reps. have had a stranglehold on this kind of unity for practically any anti-democrat idea but it seems some are looking to move past the fringe BS and get on with the work of kind of running this country.

Sen. Graham Calls Beck 'A Cynic' And Birthers 'Crazy'.
more

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Lindsay Graham is a NEO-CON.

This is why the Republican party is garbage as TOO MANY are.

Let's go fight the brown people!!! IDIOTS.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Sounded to me like he has changed a few of his tunes is all I am saying and they are not bad changes. It sounds like he actually wants people to come back to Earth on a few things.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Lindsey Graham goes out of his way sometimes to please the Democrat Party. Just like John McCain and Olympia Snowe.

If you are a Republican and you constantly want to sing Kumbya with the Democrat Party, that doesn't make you a NEO-CON....it makes you a.....NEO-LIB.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I"m not defending birthers at all....I think it's all nonsense. That doesn't change the fact that Graham is a Neo-con.

I could care less what that piece of S politician has to say.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I suppose so-called "birthers" call Lindsey Graham "crazy", as well.

So what?

Who's he anyway?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

"Only in America can you make that much money crying," Graham said of Beck. "Glenn Beck is not aligned with any party. He is aligned with cynicism and there has always been a market for cynics. But we became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers."

So true. Doesn't anyone find it a little odd that Glenn Beck has built a multi-million dollar media empire with fear tactics and crocodile tears? He's playing to the situation and the current political environment.

No one should ever take a news commentator seriously. Whether it's Beck, Olbermann, Matthews, or Hannity. They are paid handsomely for being sensationalist. The news doesn't bring in the dough any more, it's spin that drives ratings, and they're all masters of it.

"Can you imagine doing D-Day with cable television?" he asked. "Can you imagine writing the Constitution -- you know, O'Reilly says Ben Franklin's giving in on something. Can you imagine having to do that in this environment?"

Honestly, he speaks the truth. The founding fathers would never have been able to write our Constitution if cable news had existed. In fact, we'd all probably still be servants of the queen or some British/Dutch trade empire.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
RINO!!

You know this place (ATS) is crazy. A conspiracy site that has so many who believe in althenians and greens in cahoots with our government for the purpose of soul mining, or that Pee Wee Hermann is dead from over stimulation but his twin has taken his place, but a large number can't see a REAL conspiracy right before their eyes.

Yes sure it probably isn't about the birth certificate, its probably something else and if he lets the focus stay on the BC then his other records are safe BUT how can ANY of you say it isn't conspiratorial for obama to not just show his records already or use lawyers to block disclosure?

You really think there isn't a problem SOMEWHERE with some part of his past? Isn't it obvious that there is something he doesn't want us to see? He is intentionally keeping us all from seeing it yet you see nothing wrong with that ? Really? cmon.....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus
RINO!!

You know this place (ATS) is crazy. A conspiracy site that has so many who believe in althenians and greens in cahoots with our government for the purpose of soul mining, or that Pee Wee Hermann is dead from over stimulation but his twin has taken his place, but a large number can't see a REAL conspiracy right before their eyes.

Yes sure it probably isn't about the birth certificate, its probably something else and if he lets the focus stay on the BC then his other records are safe BUT how can ANY of you say it isn't conspiratorial for obama to not just show his records already or use lawyers to block disclosure?

You really think there isn't a problem SOMEWHERE with some part of his past? Isn't it obvious that there is something he doesn't want us to see? He is intentionally keeping us all from seeing it yet you see nothing wrong with that ? Really? cmon.....

Actually, Obama showed his birth certificate both ON AND OFF the internet.

Obama was born within the United States.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

RINO!!

You know this place (ATS) is crazy. A conspiracy site that has so many who believe in althenians and greens in cahoots with our government for the purpose of soul mining,

There are more than enough other threads in which to insult beliefs that have nothing to do with this thread as well as argue over the scary new President. This is about One of the Right finally telling the fringe to stuff it and come back to Earth, even if just for a moment.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

RINO!!

Actually, Obama showed his birth certificate both ON AND OFF the internet.

Obama was born within the United States.

And this is why we have the arguments we all have. People not reading/listening to what another says, they just interject their "belief" because they "think" they are right.

Responding to comments with a reply that tries to "refute" the original statement but actually agrees with it is verging on psychotic.

I said " Yes sure it probably isn't about the birth certificate, "

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It isn't conspiratorial.

Obama showed the form online and offline. He's already shown that he's a natural-born citizen of the United States.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
It isn't conspiratorial.

Obama showed the form online and offline. He's already shown that he's a natural-born citizen of the United States.

That "bc" is questionable to many people so to shut them up show the original. What he has shown is a newly made "copy"
Refusing to and spending $$$$$$ to not do it is conspiratorial and if you can't see that then like I made in my original point, you don't know a conspiracy when you see one

The "birthers" are also calling for the REST of his records which is where I contend the problem lies. People like you want to keep the focus on the BC precisely because that part is NOT the problem, it just deflects from the rest and is your ammo used to paint the "birthers" as crazy.

He works for us so show your damn records to your employers PERIOD. If the birthers are as crazy as you say then prove it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, that's up for a court to decide.

Though, let's say that you're looking for a job, along with someone else, and the person who's interviewing you wants to see both of your birth certificate and forms.

You both show them, but the interviewer wants you to go out of your way to present even MORE records.

That's what's happening here.

There was a conspiracy going on McCain wasn't a citizen, but since Obama came into office, it's only centered around him now.

Also, and you can't deny it, all birthers are people who didn't want Obama as President in the first place.

There is not one birther who wanted Obama as President, but feels that he may not have been born in the United States.

I mean, what about the Hawaiian newspaper that showed his birth?

Or, what, did his grandparents just post in in the newspaper because Obama was in Kenya?

Come on...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Lindsay Graham is a voice of sanity in a party that has moved increasingly far out in right field. I don't know if he has always been one or if he has recently come to his senses, but it's time the whole Republican Party stops falling off the nut wagon. If they don't they're never going to regain their credibility again.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Not true, I was for Obama in the beginning, but not wanting him as president has nothing to do with my reasoning for wanting him to release his long The form B.C. The president is SUPPOSED to work for us. There is just something fishey about the whole thing. I doubt I would have ever given the birther movement a second thought had he not gone thru so much trouble to cover it up. Personally I don't think he has the right as the president of the U.S.A to not release it if the public asks for it. Even if he has that right, its still his duty.

Edit: The people who lived at the address in the newspaper announcement where in no what tied to Obama or his family. Granted, could be a typo made by the newspaper.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think Lindsay Graham is getting some advice to "split" from the extreme right wing, so that he looks to his constituents to be one of the "level headed" ones. Some time down the road, all of these whacked out theories are going to be shown for their silliness and anyone associated with the hard right is going to look silly. So, Graham has been advised to critique them to put some distance in there and put himself more in the "moderate" playing field.

That's my theory, anyway.

But I do agree with him on this. (Duh)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Personally I don't think he has the right as the president of the U.S.A to not release it if the public asks for it.

He does have that right. We all have that right. It's a private document. PRIVATE. Unless a court orders it, he is in no way obligated to quell people's unreasonable curiosities and suspicions.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If you are on welfare at the time of a child's birth you must so it with in 10 days in California. So no not every one has that right.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
If you are on welfare at the time of a child's birth you must so it with in 10 days in California. So no not every one has that right.

I don't know how this thread got to be about Obama
but the fact is you have that right. Everyone has that right. You don't HAVE to show your papers to anyone. If you want welfare (or a job or certain benefits, etc,) then you make a choice to show it to prove you are eligible. But you have the right to NOT show it and walk away.

Obama has shown his legal papers to the world. Just because some don't accept doesn't change a thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join