It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today in Washington DC ... [updated]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The American Dream eh?

Freedom, Democracy, and Human Rights eh?

But for the grace of God goes any of us.

Thoughts go out to the poor woman and every other homeless person.

ps The guy with the BMW maybe struggling to meet the payments

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
lol I bet my left nut the cop kept the money for himself, "put it secretly in the old lady's coat", hahaha, yeah right, you must also think Santa is real.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
In America you get thrown out onthe spot for a eviciton?

No, like another poster said if it was a rental there are procedures depending on the jurisdiction and the same for bank foreclosure evictions.

I don't know her situation zazz, it sounded like she knew this day was coming for a long time and was dreading it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Doesnt make it any fairer. Id say she was old and desparate, and really unsure what to do, particularly if her husband may have taken care of these things for her in the past.

Poor little blossom.
you did the best you could sd

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spartan1337

That cop was SD's friend. Wow, i didn't think a thread of this nature would bring in trolls.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This makes my blood boil! To kick out an elderly woman in the first place.

To put her stuff out without regard for what would happen to it.

And for dummies to be looting her.

The perfect situation for a belt fed weapon. Landlord, those who carried her stuff out, and those stealing it.

This is exactly why I think our country is due a real catastrophe.

Hell, we deserve it.

A generation that has no regard or respect for their elderly, is one sorry-assed group indeed.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

It's not even worth responding to people like that jd ...

Karma will take care of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Our country has fallen a long way. We let the worst elements in government take over our schools. We let them close down our newspapers and corrupt our news media. We see the worst denominator of behavior taken as a standard and it seems all so hopeless. When the government is corrupt everything falls apart. It is our fault for not standing up for decency. Thank you for scolding those people and all of us really. When you tell a story like that you are drawing a line in the sand. This is decent behavior and that is not decent behavior. That educates people.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Personaly, what ide like to do, IF i was their...was go up to her precious bmw, and stick an ice pick, screwdriver, knife through her tires, when she isnt looknig. Youg ot the money, this should be a piece of cake to replace. jsut what ide like to do

Thiers a saing i once heard, and it all makes sense...how do you think rich people got rich in the frist place? it wasnt by being nice to anyone
get the drift?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The perfect situation for a belt fed weapon. Landlord, those who carried her stuff out, and those stealing it.

Amen to that. one of the very reasons i'm getting a spring loaded 70 round drum for my AK. Good people need to be able to protect other good people who have no means to protect themselves from demons like those SD encountered...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We do have shelters zazz but it holds enough for a cot and an overnight bag.
There is also subsidized housing but you have to go through redtape and right now it is about a 3 year waiting list.

As for the person mentioning social security, she probably already collects it. SS is not enough for a person to sustain on in DC. Rent prices in DC are pretty insane. She probably needs three more checks to cover the rent.

SD most likely your act of kindness will register for a long time. Even little things like give some people hope.

Once I was stuck at an airport for 2 days with no money or food. A boy scout looked for me and offered me his only 2 dollars. It brought tears to my eyes, I will never forget it because of his act of kindness.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There's a special place in hell for people like that. And there's a special place in heaven for people like you.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is why our government is going to release a deadly virus amongst us. We are animals. Our society has devolved into soulless, greedy consumers.

when you started this thread, I thought you were talking about a neighborhood near Howard University. I was getting all self-righteous in my head about the bad black neighborhoods. SHAME ON ME.

I grew up in that neighborhood. My church is down the street. My godmother lives a couple blocks away. I can't believe what I am seeing.

If it has not been explained in an earlier post, this is one of the wealthier neighborhoods in the wealthiest nations on earth. The average person in tht neighborhood represents the top 1 1/10th of 1% wealthiest people in the world.

No wonder the rest of the world hates us and our government lives in fear of us. If wealthy americans, with enough money to drive BMWs feel compelled to steal a poor old woman's belongings right in front of her, WE ARE IN VERY BIG TROUBLE. Prepare for a scene like this to take place in your neighborhood this winter as the plague is lowered down on us and martial law is ordered.

GOD HELP US - THE END IS NEAR

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
People in this country are so cold for the most part.

Thank you for helping this lady.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That had to have been heartbreaking SD. I can't help but think of my grandmother's and if something like that had happened to them. I'm sorry you had to see that. I don't blame you for being careful as to how involved you get.

The real problem, as I see it, is that our country has no respect for our elders anymore. I just can't imagine seeing an old woman on the side of the street, crying no less, and making off with her belongings that she had accumulated over a lifetime. It's enough to depress a person.

Some people seem to be devoid of humanity these days. I hope I never find myself in a situation like that, but if I do, I hope there's someone like you around.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

A baseball bat would suffice, and you can work off the anger.

Suhwing batta!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Flashbacks-
When I found myself in the homeless shelter recently,many of my belongings were left behind.
My furniture, my baby's crib, anything that couldn't fit into a box..I lost.
My neighbor told me the landlord gave some to the other neighbors, and threw the rest away...
This is happening all over, and most people don't care.
S-dog, you are a kind soul.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You were very kind to her and I'm with you, this type of behavior is very difficult to read about - let alone witness.

It's too bad that we as human beings have come so far technologically but still have much to learn socially and empathically. Some people just do not have a conscience.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

In this situation, i agree. Shattered knees around the house.
But when bigger SHTF, the ratio of people like the ones rifling through the poor womans belongs, to people like SD is i fear is going to be very lop sided, and not towards the good. If and when that happens, a bat isn't going to cut the mustard.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Dude they're not even paying the woman for this stuff? This is theft! Disgusting!!! These people don't need this stuff! If they wanna find used stuff for sale just go to Good Will or something! Jeeze. Terrible. S & F

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join