It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Operation In Local Town - Troy, TN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Explosions, gunfire and helicopters in the sky.

It's not every day you watch a military operation in your hometown from the comforts of a lawn chair.

Soldiers stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky are preparing for their next deployment overseas. Wednesday, Troy played host to the 101-st Airborne Division. 350 soldiers with the air assault team put their skills to the test during a massive mock operation.

It was also a chance for people to get an up-close look at how the military works. Local students and other community members turned out to watch the town transform into a training ground for soldiers. The military says this type of training is essential before those soldiers head into combat.

This is the first time a training exercise like this has taken place in Troy.

www.wpsdlocal6.com...

hmmm
You'd think that with all the land the military has access to, that they could do this away from civilians and prying eyes.

Just imagine what would happen if they said they were doing training in your town but it was really so that they could take over with no resistance.
Who would see that one coming?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So ist there reason to believe that this is practicing for controling us? I mean i know martial law is coming but i just wonder how people can be so stupid or ignorant about what is going on.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

This is just another part of the "conditioning".... to get us used to having military troops on our streets.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Millitary and Police Train to Round Up Protesters

Seems your not the only one.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
So ist there reason to believe that this is practicing for controling us?

Uh, they are doing it because towns in Iraq and Afghanistan are just like ours. Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Explosions, gunfire and helicopters in the sky.

Just imagine what would happen if they said they were doing training in your town but it was really so that they could take over with no resistance.
Who would see that one coming?

You are right. It's called unconventional warfare and I think what you are seeing is their strategy that could be used as a "cover" for something else to take place.

When you see a neighbor dragged out of his house you will think they are still "pretending" and playing war games.

There was something I read a while back about the military doing this in a small town and one of the things they employed was a "house to house search." I think it was with a photo of a pretend person they were looking for. I do believe they told people before the exercise started and asked for town's co-operation for the duration. See how easy it is!

Just imagine when it becomes real and its your pic they are passing around!

They could probably scan your home with the backscatter van as they are going along. Record your interior with their "bow tie cameras". hahaha

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, to add some fuel to the fire, I just left the ice rink and witnessed 3 transport helicopters heading south towards Orchard Park, NY (south of Buffalo, NY). I've never seen ONE here before but today I saw 3 flying together. Very odd....Also want to add that I wasn't near enough to see any markings but from my vantage point they appeared to be black rather then the expected green. Could have been due to the lighting conditions at the time of day though

Edit: removed the "huey" description. The helicopter was more like a "chinook" type. Also added more description details.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by BuffaloJoe]

[edit on 1-10-2009 by BuffaloJoe]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
when the british were in northern ireland. which was house to house i dont remeber em training in liverpool or manchester ???
+ us is way diff from afganistan just my thought i might be wrong thou

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have a question.

The US Military engages in police and military actions in several foreign countries.

Why is it that the same people who applaud the USA's activities overseas get all up in arms when similar things start happening here at home.

It's a clear double-standard.

No matter what the sanitized history books say, this country (the USA) has a long history of domestic military and intelligence operations. The only difference now is that, because of the internet, and mass media, we are able to see it happening "live".

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Saw the same thing yesterday in houston texas. Looked black but where military.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zupreme
I have a question.

The US Military engages in police and military actions in several foreign countries.

Why is it that the same people who applaud the USA's activities overseas get all up in arms when similar things start happening here at home.

It's a clear double-standard.

No matter what the sanitized history books say, this country (the USA) has a long history of domestic military and intelligence operations. The only difference now is that, because of the internet, and mass media, we are able to see it happening "live".

I rarely see people applauding the U.S. World Police.

Just because we have a history of it, does not mean we should stand for it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I live about 12 minutes north east of Troy Tennessee. I came thru Troy on Monday. They had signs on both ends of the main Hiway that intersects that little town. I had a medical appointment today and could not attend the "Big game"
I have some friends that live there,I'll see if I can get the low down.
Funny thing about Troy Tn. The county highschool mascot is the REBEL.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
hmmm
You'd think that with all the land the military has access to, that they could do this away from civilians and prying eyes.

Well, the military sure can't win, can they?

If they do it in secret, ATS starts screaming, "They're hiding something from us!!!!!!"

They do it in public, it's, " They're trying to condition us for their take-over!!!!!!"

OK, so which is it?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We know they are hiding something from us. Miltary/Government/Police will never be completely transparent.

I can't make my mind up as to whether conditioning would be more effective than the shock factor that would be delivered by just turning on the switch some day.

top topics

join