It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ideas for Paris?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So I'm off to Paris, France to visit family next week and thought I would take the opportunity to ask for any suggestions regarding any interesting ATS related spots to visit and document.

I know Paris well, in fact I was born there, so what I'm looking for are conspiracy/nefariousness/paranormal related destinations ... so no need to suggest I visit the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower.

Any ideas?

PS. Also if you're in the Paris hood, let me know and we'll see if we can hook up.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
So I'm off to Paris, France to visit family next week and thought I would take the opportunity to ask for any suggestions regarding any interesting ATS related spots to visit and document.

I know Paris well, in fact I was born there, so what I'm looking for are conspiracy/nefariousness/paranormal related destinations ... so no need to suggest I visit the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower.

Any ideas?

PS. Also if you're in the Paris hood, let me know and we'll see if we can hook up.

Thanks.

How about you stuff me in your suit case
I promise I will be very very very quiet

Oh go to the catacombs! (if you havent been there that is before) I so have to go there when I visit! That place is creepy and full of skeletons and bones. You know it has to be haunted.

Did I mention how jealous I am

My friend just got back from Paris and the south of France, I cant wait to see her tomorrow. She went and had a blessing by monks and I want to hear all about that.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Catacombs of Paris may be something worth going to see, as well as the Pere Lachaise Cemetery,

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
The Catacombs of Paris may be something worth going to see, as well as the Pere Lachaise Cemetery,

Oooh the second is a gooood one...You know I am marking these places down for me next year
when I FINALLY get to go there.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Aww where are you in the world? Paris is like a train ride from London lol So i guess im pretty used to popping over there, The food is pretty amazing!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah, don't eat here:

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ok so we got Pere Lachaise and the catacombs ...

Also, hopeful that Dr Love's culinary picks exceed his NFL one in accuracy, I will not dine Chez Griswold.

Any other suggestions sil vous plait?

[edit on 2 Oct 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You could visit Jim Morrison's grave and leave some flowers for us all.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I spent two months in Paris earlier this year and it is a fantastic city. You are also going at a great time, weather-wise and you will have a great time. A few things I would recommend:

--Obviously the Eifel Tower. Go early, like an hour before it opens as the lines can get really long.

-- Great churches in Paris. Notre Dame, Sac le Cuer. Fantastic. Ifyou are into the church bit, you can check the schedule and visit when they choir is practicing.

-- Montemarte. The artist section of Paris. Very cool and a great place to sit outside, have a drink or two and people watch.

-- Latin Quarter (walking distance from Notre Dame). Don't eat there though. Tourist traps and lousy food for the most part and over-priced. Just go to check it out and have a few drinks

-- the catacombs are amazing and definately worth it

-- The Louve. Huge, way too much to see in a day, but definately worth it worth it. Just get a guide book and do one or two things. The Egypt exhibit is fantastic. Might also want to check out the Mona Lisa while you're at it

I could go on, but those are a few ideas. Finally, if you want a good pint of Guiness, the James Joyce Pub is a winner.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Haunted Paris links

www.essortment.com...

And whilst you have the tour you can skip, the sites are listed.
Though maybe a tour is good as you can get into places that you may not be able to get in on your own,
www.mysteriesofparis.com...

If spooky places isnt your thang, then I cant help with little green men in paris

[edit on 4-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Esoteric Paris:

www.powerplaces.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
zazz, orion, ty for those ...

Turns out that due to some scheduling conflicts I am postponing my trip for a month or so to be there around Nov. 16th.

So if anyone else has some good ideas I would love to hear them.

And thanks again all for the existing suggestions.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hi

I believe that St. Sulpice is a gathering point for illuminati. Last time I was there I was in a major hurry and as I ran to make my appointment I noticed brass plaques on the buildings across the street from the church with all the big names on them, Rockefeller being one, all kinds of foundations, banks, etc, all right there, around this church. Could you do me a favor and check out the names of the businesses, foundations, etc. that are listed on the buildings? Maybe Dan Brown missed the true connections this church has? I heard that he made a lot of it up, perhaps there was no need to, perhaps it was all around him.

I'd really appreciate this, I know it will be bitter cold by then, so I definitely owe you for this. While there you might also visit the church and check out the organ at noon, lol, literally inside a pipe organ, it would be surreal.

Source: www.aparisguide.com...

Another focal point in St. Germain is the St. Sulpice church. Organ concerts are performed at the St. Sulpice, mostly works for the Organ. On Sundays you can actually climb the stairs and find yourself "inside" an organ with about 7000 pipes going full blast. Try to get there around noon to be included in this, or arrive at 10:30 if you are simply interested in the public mass. The organ was considered to be one of the best three in the French Kingdom. It was rebuilt to accommodate more modern technology without altering its historic design. It is still one of only three "100 stop" organs in the world. (the other two are in Germany and England) The church itself faces the Square St. Sulpice flanked by some of the priciest real estate in Paris (in other words, if you live here you are lucky). Right next to the square is the small rue des Cannettes which has a number of nice little restaurants, cafes a brewery and even the Birdland Jazz Bar. That whole little section which includes rue Guisard, rue Princesse and rue Mabillon seems to have more than its share of good food and nightly activity. Among recommended restaurants are L'Enfance de Lard, Chez Henri, Chez Georges, and whatever the name of the Italian restaurant is onrue de Cannettes that is closest to the square.

Thanks,

STM

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Yeah ok ... I'm actually going to be five minutes from there.

I know that straight across the street from St. Sulpice is a rather large police station, is that the building you're talking about?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No, I hope they're still there, this was back in 1995. I'm referring to the private banks and office buildings around the church. The buildings had plaques on them with the name of the business foundations, banks, etc inscribed on them. It was a very impressive list, if I recall correctly. I've been wanting to get back there for years just to go see if what I recall is accurate. Thanks so much for doing this for me, and lol, if I had relatives in Paris I'd be there for most holidays, you are so lucky, have fun,

STM

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So I had to postpone my trip last month because of a bunch of reasons ...

But I'm finally flying over to see my father this Saturday and will be staying a week.

So I thought I'd resurrect this thread in case someone had some other ideas as to ATS related sights in Paris or if any of our Parisian members wanted to hook up.

Merci.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I once met a gypsy girl and her mother in St. Germain before it became so chichi. It got pretty weird and bizarre in their apartment at times. As I recall it was on the rue de Verneuil. It was a long time ago. I could be confused.

If you can hook up with them, say hola for whaaa.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Go to the Chartres Cathedral. Take a pair of mini-binoculars with you. Look upwards for symbolism.

top topics

join