It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will face ONE YEAR in prison for resisting ObamaCare

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I recently received this in an email. (Thanks for tracking down a link, 12m8keall2c!) This is a response from a grassroots group regarding the recently voted down public option in the finance committee and the individual mandate of the Health Care Bill.

Read the full letter here.

You will face ONE YEAR in prison for resisting ObamaCare. It's part of the massive lies and distortions designed to hide the real dangers of ObamaCare.

Senate Democrats plan to sneak the public option back in to the final ObamaCare bill when it moves to the Senate floor... when there will be little time for real debate... and no scrutiny of a Committee hearing! So the votes yesterday were an intentional distortion to get you and I off track -- to make us think that ObamaCare is moving to the middle and becoming a bi-partisan bill.

The Individual Mandate is UNPRECEDENTED... According to the Congressional Budget Office: "A mandate requiring all individuals to purchase health insurance would be an unprecedented form of federal action. The government has never required people to buy any good or service as a condition of lawful residence in the United States." Never before in U.S. History has such a federal mandate been imposed on the people of the United States! Why? Because the individual mandate is unconstitutional.

While I am pretty sure that there is some truth to this, I think some of it is a bit alarmist.

And, if the individual mandate is unconstitutional, do we even have to worry? Won't the Supreme Court eventually handle things?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Most of the lies I find about Healthcare reform are from the folks controlled by big insurance and pharma aka "grassroots".

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

[sarcasm] Good way to get the economy back on track, going to have to build more prisons to hold all those people, more correctional officers, etc. [/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Tell me about it! I think the idea of punishing people for not having health insurance is insane!

I have health insurance now but I didn't for several years because I couldn't afford the payments! Would the current government have punished me for this? I don't know. Would they have?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

Uh, so you think people should not be forced to have car insurance?
Same thing.
When idiots refuse health insurance, then end up at the ER, I AND EVERYBODY ELSE HAVE TO PAY HIS BILL!
Good God, it's so simple.
Don't be so gullible, don't be so willing to swallow propaganda!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have health insurance now but I didn't for several years because I couldn't afford the payments! Would the current government have punished me for this? I don't know. Would they have?

Jeeeezuz! Thats what the Public Option is! For people that TRULY cannot afford insurance. Does not apply to those that would just rather no buy insurance.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were completely true, cause we all know what the federal government thinks of letting the people make personal choices. In the end it should be up to me to get insurance, and if I don't want it for whatever reason I shouldn't be penalized for that choice, unfortunately Washington never quite sees that.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

There is a huge difference between people needing car insurance and people needing health insurance.

People needing car insurance make a choice to drive their cars without being insured. This is dangerous and irresponsible.

People needing health insurance can't make a choice not to have a heart-attack, stroke, or cancer.

That is the difference.

And SOMEbody still has to pay for the public option. There still won't be free heath care.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by sisgood]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We all have our different perspectives on the Federal Healthcare issue. My girlfriend and I are uninsured. Were both musicians and are considered self-employed. At the moment, neither of us can afford health insurance. I have gall stones and might like to have my gall bladder removed, but it would cost $5,000-$10,000. Because I have a pre-existing condition, I can't get insurance to cover it.

The United States may have the worst health care system in the world when it comes down to how much it costs individually and how many people in the country are without health insurance: ~47 million! The number of people who greatly profit from our health care system is sick, ungodly, EVIL!

I'm a Democrat and not only voted for Obama, I campaigned for him. I see both the Republicans and Democrats in Congress as being greatly influenced by lobbyists. However, I certainly perceive the Democrats as beings the 'lesser of two evils'. Matter-of-fact, almost every Republican in Congress seems to behave the 'opposite of the Christ' or in other words: 'anti-christ'. Sometimes that term implies one person, but in fact, millions of people are behaving the opposite of the Christ. I've always led my life trying to 'imitate Jesus' and I believe very strongly that politically, that means providing health care for everyone at NO COST like many other countries do.

Healing the sick is one of the things most associated with Jesus. Although it may appear that I sound like some Christian fundamentalist that doesn't agree with modern medicine, nothing could be further from the truth! I'm very liberal (like Jesus was) and greatly appreciate all modern knowledge (like the Christ would do). I certainly believe that American doctors and hospitals can be excellent in their ability to heal. I do NOT agree that health insurance companies and lawyers are helping the system. There is a movement for doctors to eliminate health insurance companies and have patients agree not to sue. This is the agreement that I have with my current general-practioner. I pay by cash and have signed a paper stating that I will not sue her. I recommend this for everyone.

Politics are politics. Whatever the current Democraticly-controlled Congress has to do to pass a decent health care bill, they need to do. No one should ever lie, but master politicians have to...

- Brad Watson, Miami, FL

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
reply to post by OldDragger

There is a huge difference between people needing car insurance and people needing health insurance.

People needing car insurance make a choice to drive their cars without being insured. This is dangerous and irresponsible.

People needing health insurance can't make a choice not to have a heart-attack, stroke, or cancer.

That is the difference.

And your point is....what?
Either way, the choice to not be insured is irresponsible, and places the burden of payment unfairly on others. Your statement is a great argument FOR the Public Option.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It isnt free! Why do people keep saying " We have to pay for there ER visits"? News flash you will anyway even with a bill. You will just get to pay the "new way" then when you wake up one day and say " Im tired of this crap" they can lock you up also.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
wow this just keeps getting interesting. I hope that obamacare fails horribly and his name goes down in the worst presidnet ever book.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uspatriot109
It isnt free! Why do people keep saying " We have to pay for there ER visits"? News flash you will anyway even with a bill. You will just get to pay the "new way" then when you wake up one day and say " Im tired of this crap" they can lock you up also.

Of course it isn't free! Whoever said it was?
But it would be a hell of a lot cheaper without sticking profit in there, now wouldn't it?
Did you know the heath care industries profits have gone up 450%, yes 450% in the last five years? Look it up!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

Without public option is not such thing as health care reform.

You still will be penalized and perhaps jail time if you don't buy private insurance so where is the conspiracy here, I tell you where it is, is with those that are pushing mandatory private health care coverage or else.

I call that bailing out big private insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Go to jail where you get free health care. Let the taxpayers pick up your bill. (sarcasm)

[edit on 10/1/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
More fear-mongering.

What is to be accomplished by saying... "YOU WILL FACE PRISON"
It's only meant to frighten people.

what about if you don't have insurance, "YOU WILL BE ONE OF THE 45,000 THAT DIE THIS YEAR"

will that make you go right out and get some..?

Aren't you folks tired of being led and having your decisions guided by fear. I know I am.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There would be no motivation to have a health care system without profit. Do you have a Job? Im sure not working for free!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by uspatriot109
There would be no motivation to have a health care system without profit. Do you have a Job? Im sure not working for free!

Thats why the public option is an...option.
And how much profit is enough? Care to ask Wall Street THAT question?
These criminals would charge people for air if they could.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The public option is Not the only thing wrong with these bills.
I would encourage you ALL to go look at the origional bill and it's amendments. There are Much better answers out there than the Government takeover, or control of our health care.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join