It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Soldiers at World War 2 in Color

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here are some very good color photographs of Soviet Soldiers in action during WWII. Their guns and weapons are seen in these photos like they've never been seen before.

englishrussia.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
S&F for sure!!!! Absolutely wonderful pictures, thanks for posting your find
Scientists!! I especially like the tank pics and the snow camo, very cool stuff and nothing that I have ever seen in COLOR. awesome!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
WOW!! Unbelievable pics. I laughed at the one of the soldier in those ridiculously huge snow boots
. Truell breathtaking scenes.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Great find! I'm especially digging all the photos of the women soldiers. For all the backwardness and horror stories of life in the USSR, one has to admit that in some ways they were way ahead of the curve.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Coloured photos definitely change the way to view this war. I wonder how people would see modern wars if they were photographed in black and white

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Excellent photos.
The englishrussia site has often got some cracking photo pages.
I remember a page of full colour photos of Russia from more than 100 years ago that stood out.
Its well worth visiting englishrussia from time to time.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
makes it come alive really...

and yet makes it all more unbelievable at the same time.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
eh they look like they are not genuine colour photographs, but hav been doctored recently to add colour

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
thank you friend! S&F

Very vivid and beautiful photos!

Amazing to see Russian WW2 photos in colour!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
eh they look like they are not genuine colour photographs, but hav been doctored recently to add colour

Gee, you think so?

It doesn't make them less real to doctor the picture colours. How else are these pictures supposed to be coloured? Magic?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wonderful link! I always found it hard to imagine how all those black and white photos look like with colors, especially the colored photos of the Nazis released a few months ago were amazing, all those mega red banners hanging down from high government buildings with the swastika in the middle of it all, crazy!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

eh well, yes it does make them less real

seeing as the colouring is someones idea of what they "should" look like and not what they actually "did" look like

they are cool pics, but just take them for what they are

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

Yeah I agree. Some of them almost look fake or right out of a comic book. They are neat but I've seen better.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
those photo's are crackin , check out this page on the same site look at this monster of a plane englishrussia.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing these

It certainly give these nameless soldiers personality

Good find S & F

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Exactly as others said, we only see black & white because it dehumanises it, colour makes it so much more real, the people are just like you and me! Kind of makes you feel vulnerable

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
cool pictures 10q i wish they never end...

as we can see..ppsh and mosin-nagant are present in nearly every photo...

Ppsh had awesome power..i think it was the best sub machine gun of ww2..it had everything fast..loads of bullets...fast reload and quite precise for such power..

whilst the mosin nagant i dont like that much..i beleive german rifles were better but thats my opinion

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a nice vid i found for u XD

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Great pictures. I especially love the images depicting the Burp Guns with 70 round drum magazines in action. Those drum mags. were bulky and extremely slow to load.

I always thought that those drums were phased out in favor of more reliable and easy to carry stick mags. Every burp gun in the pics had a drum mag. Interesting. I guess the soldiers preferred the drums. Interesting.

here is a pic of an open drum. Can't imagine dealing with this in a high stress situation.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

The rate of fire on the PPsh is just insane. It is rated at 900rpm. That barrel could get cherry in no time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join