It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Millitary and Police Train to Round Up Protesters

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.wtvr.com...

It's part of a three day long anti-terrorism drill.

The Army post staged a fake protest to show how well soldiers and Fort Lee Police are equipped handle the situation.

As the protestors make their way towards the fence that separates Fort Lee from the rest of the world, Police and soldiers gear up for a possible confrontation.

That's exactly what Colonel Mike Morrow, Fort Lee's Garrison Commander expects. "We train our solders as realistically as we can, to protect for us as a garrison, other soldiers and families on the post".

As the chants grow louder and the protesters get angrier, the scenario changes from training exercise to being real life in just a matter of seconds.......

WHY IS DRILL CALLED "ANTI TERRORISM" iF IT INVOLVES PROTEST?

"The demonstrators, they had rounded up, they were all acting, but they did an excellent job, they looked like they were seriously agitated at something".

"It takes weeks to plan out an anti-terrorism training exercise that combines the civilian base police with active duty soldiers".

Whats wrong with this picture?




posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Army has been doing this type of training for a long time now.

I participated in a drill kind of like this back in 02.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The easy intermingling of the words 'protester' and 'terrorist' is disturbing. Thanks for posting this! A star and flag for you!



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
why do they call it a "anti terroism drill" if it involves "protestors"?
Does active military mean the gaurd or military personel. I thought the constitution was clear on this.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive
 


They are being trained to protect their base against civilian protestors. If you haven't noticed there have been several protests taking placin in front of military bases.

They are being trained to handle a peaceful protest that turns ugly and they storm the gates.

How exactly do you see that going against the constitution?



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
While I do think these types of trainings are important-our servicemen NEED to be trained in rel life scenarios, I think it is important to not overlook something here. That is the blatant indoctrination being used.

Getting citizens to participate in these drills, and getting them to accept them as 'anti-terrorism', is absolutely a way to desensitize the general population to the idea that protesters and terrorists are one and the same, not to mention geting it into the .s of the servicemen that protesters become terrorists on a whim.

Its all a matter of perception, and if you can get servicemen to perceive that protesters are a danger, it accelerates things greatly.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by captaintyinknots]



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by liveandletlive
 


They are being trained to protect their base against civilian protestors. If you haven't noticed there have been several protests taking placin in front of military bases.

They are being trained to handle a peaceful protest that turns ugly and they storm the gates.

How exactly do you see that going against the constitution?


Hmm. It's getting shilly in here.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Most likely they are a mix of off duty soldiers and civilians who work on post.

They don't put out an add in the local newspapaer asking for civilians to volunteer.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Most likely they are a mix of off duty soldiers and civilians who work on post.

They don't put out an add in the local newspapaer asking for civilians to volunteer.


I edited to add clarify a bit more in my previous post. It is also indoctrination of the soldiers.

Not to mention, it really doesnt matter who participates in the drill. It is who sees the media coverage of it that matters, as far as the citizens go.

Edited because I apparently cant type today

[edit on 1-10-2009 by captaintyinknots]



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatthehell?
 


If you read the article then you would see that this was the purpose of the excercise.

But I am done here, I gave out all the info needed to see that nothing unconstitutional was going on.

Have fun with scaring each with stories of how the military is coming to get you.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Whatthehell?
 


If you read the article then you would see that this was the purpose of the excercise.

But I am done here, I gave out all the info needed to see that nothing unconstitutional was going on.

Have fun with scaring each with stories of how the military is coming to get you.


Ahh yes, the token "military is only looking out for you" post. You wouldnt happen to be former military, would you?



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Last post.

I never said they were looking out for you.

I said they were training to protect their base from you.

Since it was obvious what I said I believe you are just looking for an arguement and will simply put you on the ignore list. I don't waste my time on those who pretend to be stupid, to many actual stupid people in the world for that.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Last post.

I never said they were looking out for you.

I said they were training to protect their base from you.

Since it was obvious what I said I believe you are just looking for an arguement and will simply put you on the ignore list. I don't waste my time on those who pretend to be stupid, to many actual stupid people in the world for that.


Take it how you'd like, I was asking a legit question when asking about your military experience....

Either way, you are choosing to overlook the underlying issues of these drills.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Last post.

I never said they were looking out for you.

I said they were training to protect their base from you.

Since it was obvious what I said I believe you are just looking for an arguement and will simply put you on the ignore list. I don't waste my time on those who pretend to be stupid, to many actual stupid people in the world for that.


Why do they need to protect "their" base from me? I thought we where all Americans!



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by liveandletlive
 


They are being trained to protect their base against civilian protestors. If you haven't noticed there have been several protests taking placin in front of military bases.

They are being trained to handle a peaceful protest that turns ugly and they storm the gates.

How exactly do you see that going against the constitution?


I had'nt noticed, so there have been military bases under attack from "civilian terrorists"? What city did this happen in? Last time I checked, the U.S. military worked for the American people!!



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We the people are citizens out side of a military base

When the citizens storm a base we become a "terrorist"

think of the solution.. Don't storm the base and you won't be a terrorist



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
We the people are citizens out side of a military base

When the citizens storm a base we become a "terrorist"

think of the solution.. Don't storm the base and you won't be a terrorist


Again, where are these bases being stormed by U.S. terrorists, I mean citizens?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by liveandletlive]



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So the military is training because they think the citizens of the United States might attack them in their bases. Out of curiosity, why do they and you think we would we be attacking them, our own military?



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
We the people are citizens out side of a military base

When the citizens storm a base we become a "terrorist"

think of the solution.. Don't storm the base and you won't be a terrorist


I dont buy that for a second. I pay for the base. I have the power in this country. Let us not forget "By the People, For the People".

The U.S. military has no right to fire on citizens. You are not a terrorist until you commit an act of terror. Dont let the indoctrination and propaganda fool you.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"Dont let the indoctrination and propaganda fool you".

"Chief Metzger says in times of emergency's everyone has to work together "We forget one's wearing blue, one's wearing a uniform. We all come together for the same cause".

Exactly, they want you to remember that they are one and the same! Nothing wrong with that, right? After all, they are working together to protect "their" base from "we the terrorists" looking to attack their bases!

What is the government really up to?


[edit on 1-10-2009 by liveandletlive]




top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join