It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Says Gaza War Report Threatens Peace Efforts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Israel Says Gaza War Report Threatens Peace Efforts

www.nytimes.com

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Thursday the United Nations would deal a "fatal blow" to prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace if it endorsed a report critical of Israel's January war in Gaza.

Israel has been stepping up public attacks on the report into its three-week offensive in the Gaza Strip -- calling it unbalanced and one-sided -- before a meeting on Friday by the Geneva-based U.N. Human Rights Council.

"Advancing the so-called Goldstone report will deal a fatal
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Israel called the report "unbalanced and one-sided"

A Palestinian rights group says 1,417 Palestinians, including 926 civilians, were killed in the Gaza war. Israel has said 709 Palestinian combatants, 295 civilians and 162 people whose status it was unable to clarify were killed.

Israel lost 10 soldiers and 3 civilians in the offensive.

Yes I agree, those numbers are VERY unbalanced and one-sided.

I completely agree.

So this to me is like The Federal Reverse saying "Auditing the FED will hurt the economy"

And Israel says "Auditing the the gazar war will hurt the peace process", the same peace process that Israel isn't trying to push whatsoever.

I find these to be very similar tactics, the parallels are astounding in fact.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Who is Israel to say that this threatens peace efforts? Last time I checked slaughtering innocent civilians, destroying private property, destroying water receptacles during a water crisis, blockading a nation, not allowing goods into a country, using outlawed weapons and building on illegally occupied territory was detrimental to the piece process.

Here is a blast from the past, brought to you by the BBC News back in 2001:

The Mitchell commission was set up after the Sharm el-Sheikh accord between former Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Mr Arafat.

But Mr Sharon says his predecessor made a grave "historical mistake" by allowing the investigation, equating it with putting Israel before an international tribunal.

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial," he said.

Mr Sharon said the committee had overstepped its mandate on several issues.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Someone336]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

^^GeoEye’s IKONOS sensor collected these images of Beirut on August 5, 2006 (top), and December 24, 2001 (bottom). The top image shows the aftermath of the spill, where oil coats the shoreline in an opaque layer of black

2006 -israel casued the worlds worst enviromental disaster in the med by bombing a electrical power station and releasing well over 30,000 tons of oil into the sea.

www.geenstijl.nl...

and ofc who would ever forget the bombing of a hospital with white phosphorus.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Since Hamas members have no uniforms, they are usually tossed over into the civilian pile.

So this number of "civilians" is probably only a quarter of what was counted.

Come on.

The Israelis can shoot better than that, and deep down, we all know it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes they can
it's called deliberately targeting civilians.

thanks

Even today an IDF jeep rolled over a kid, IDF called it an "accident".

If you saw any of the images of the gaza war you'd realize that they were intentionally targetting civilians, it doesn't take a rocket science to see that.

Also shooting civilians with white flags, kids in the farm and even shooting doctors.

Pulleaseeeee

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I do remember seeing the images.

I remember these clowns shooting of some rockets and then they'd run into a crowd of men cheering them on.

Of course, if you dropped a bomb on them, they'd all be counted as civilians.

Not where I come from.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Since Hamas members have no uniforms, they are usually tossed over into the civilian pile.

Do you even look at pictures from Palestine or do you just read about it? It is very rare to see a HAMAS soldier without his face covered, armed with a gun, and wearing their iconic headbands.

Try doing a google image search and you'll see how much HAMAS dress like civilians

new topics

top topics

join