It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Give Statement on Iran - 3:05 EST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just a reminder, I know most of us here don't watch TV but this could be interesting.

# The White House says President Obama will make a statement on Iran at 3.05 p.m. EDT.23 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Source

title edit by request

[edit on 1/10/09 by masqua]

[edit on 1-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Was this an announcement that was called last minute? Or, is this just an update from the G20 meetings?

A 3:05 press conference regarding a single state, sounds like something is probably already in the works over there, and the press conference is to address the reports that will start rolling out around that time!

Any of you Twitter Folks getting anything from Iran or Israel yet?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

He will basically say that there was progress and that we will continue to talk with Iran. He will insist that Iran needs to comply and that the entire world is demanding they comply.

Basically, he is going to tell the world that he was correct in having direct talks with Iran rather than threatening them.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Not exactly sure, I do know that there have been one-on-one talk today with the U.S. and Iran in Switzerland.

GENEVA, Oct. 1 -- A senior US diplomat held a rare bilateral meeting Thursday with his Iranian counterpart, and Iran agreed to attend further talks with six major powers on its nuclear program and allow UN inspectors

Source

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have to throw this in here. I was looking at this this morning, because I had heard a long time ago that Israel has Nuclear weapons. I found it interesting, and yes I know one source is Wiki, but there is still a lot of information in there.

Nuclear weapons and Israel
en.wikipedia.org...

Nuclear Weapons Stockpile
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We should have a sweepstake on the number of lies that will be told . I think I'll watch this on fox new for full immersion in lies and disinfo for a laugh.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Iran is seeking nuclear weapons yet iran is inherently evil,hence they will commit evil deeds and lay siege among the non evil places of the world.But alas don't worry.Obama will try with his heart of gold and voice of reason to bring iran into the light and away from the moral devoid of which they have succumb to.If that fails he is not willing to abandon his plan to rain gumdrops of reason and justice upon them,so that the world will be a better place.Speech will go something like that i imagine.Or maybe i've had too many beers.In any case this world doesn't need any more artificial flavours and colourings

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok, well it's 3:20 EST and I'm still staring at an empty podium...

Maybe one of Obama's faces fell off and he's gluing on a new one.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So we have a 2 week deadline.

Obama said Iran needs to send it's nuclear material to Russia for refinement.

So will that mean that Iran needs to disassembles it's centrifuges?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

it really doesn't make any difference if one of Obama's faces fall off.

He'll just do like normal, and talk through both sides of whatever he's working with at the moment.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Was it just me or did he seem very unhappy?

The way he spoke and his over all demeanor just seemed to me as if he was highly pissed off.

I don't think things are going as smoothly as he is trying to portray.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No... they'll still be able to use their centrifuges to enrich the uranium to a low grade.
Then, he said, it must be transported and processed into fuel by another country, not Russia specifically.

Hey, howabout Israel...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

I didn't know this had anything to do with Israel?

Why everytime the issue of Iran and nuclear capabilities comes up somebody has to bring up Israel?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The reason I did is because it is supposed to be Israel that we are so worried about protecting.
I find it interestin that Israel Has Nuclear weapons too. So why do they need our help?
Iran said they built their new facililty near a military base for protection, so I guess that would be reasonable in the face of the possibility of being fired on by Israel.
Why does it bother you so much that Israel was brought up anyway? Just asking.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Iran is taking the North Korea approach. Delay talks, agree to talks, demand consessions in talks that cannot ever be accepted. Break off talks and sabre rattle. Return to talks. Delay.

Basically they are just buying time to complete a nuke. Then when they have completed one, they will tell those that wish to do nothing but talk to STFU.

And they will.

Now, I'm not advocating a US strike on Iran, but if someone else want's to do it, then they can do it, and suffer the blowback.

America has enough wars atm.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh, come on, it kind of ruins the punchline when you have to explain the joke...

We all know that Iran and Israel aren't the best of friends, and the whole "double standard" thing over there. Didn't think I'd have to spell it out.

edit to add... Don't take it personal bud, I'm just being dumb...I'll snap out of it.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
3.05... holy babylonia trinity!
Could almost believe the Sun are entering the underworld now! .. oh, yeah it does---

top topics

join