It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven???? Why would you want to go there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Heaven.

We are told over and over again, from the moment we are born about heaven and angels. How you are supposed to be good and follow specific rules not questioning anything so you can go there.

It sounds more like a lockbox for the weak minded to me.

Do I want to see my loved ones? Yea. However spending eternity smelling the daisys sounds incredibly boring.

If, as a Christian, you actually believed everything that you were taught, then why would you want to go to heaven? Why wouldnt you want to spend all the time you could to fight against evil? Why wouldnt you want to go to hell and battle the satin you believe in and demons to help make things more safe for those innocent ones still walking the earth?

Why is it that you Christians will sit around and do nothing while someone suffers? I hear so many judgments come from your mouths, but when it comes right down to it. When you are needed, you walk away, do nothing, and ask God to handle it for you. Seriously, how lazy is that. But if you did something you might not go to heaven? Is that what you are worried about? At what point did God say "sit on your arse and do nothing"? k

You refuse to ask questions and search for the truth, because you are afraid you will not go to heaven. You spend your free time in church because you believe it will increase your chances of going to heaven. While in the bible Jesus spent very little time in the church. He describes a church like most that I have been to and how much he hated it. He destroyed it all in a fit of rage. He didnt judge people for their beliefs. He didnt hate the man who was all crazy and possessed. He treated him like a normal person. Over and over again, he got irritated by people who would not try to do things for themselfs. How many times did he say 'you can do this' when healing a blind person or someone who was ill. Even walking on water he said 'you can do this' all you had to do was believe. BUT the church calls that witch craft and that is evil, if you do it you will not go to heaven.

SO, now we have a bunch of selfproclaimed Christians who will not live the way Jesus did, because they might not go to heaven.

Didnt the bible say the road to heaven is a narow road, and most wont go?

Did you ever stop and think that the idea of heaven might just be a trick to get you to shut up sit down, do and believe what you are told?

What is it about the idea of heaven that keeps you all inprisoned in this do nothing but pray and sing songs lifestyle?

Think about it. We are talking about eternity here. Why do you want to go to heaven? If you could do anything you wanted after your body dies and your soul is let free, why would you want to just go to heaven?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i'm not a religious person and i don't really believe in heaven. that said if there is a heaven i don't want to go there. it's gonna be full of judgemental people and i don't want to associate with the likes of them.
leave me to walk the earth like kwai chang kane....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
For starters, you are simply talking about whatever your idea of heaven is. Which is most likely being in a catholic church 24/7.

2nd. Take a look at the 10 commandments. Which of them do you think is so bad? A heavenly society would be a society where there was no theft, murder, thieves and so forth.

It's pretty easy to see the path and what is needed from a person. All you have to do is look out in the world and how people would need to treat each other in order to have a truly peaceful society.

Jesus for example expresses this understanding as the law of the prophets. Love each other as yourself. How do you love on another? By giving them their freedom. Accepting people as they are, not judging them. If you love something, then you will set it free. If it loves you, it will come back.

Quit associating these things with religion. I am not a christian. But what do you think it means when Jesus says he is the light, the way and the life? He is telling you that he is the light - gives understanding. The way - how to follow the commandments like I said above, and the life - that which gives life to things(think in terms of reality and observer, rather than body and material).

So it's really about seeking those things, seeking the truth and such - including seeing how ridiculous some of the things religious people say.

Proverbs 9:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Short Story: It's not what you think it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

So you believe heaven as just a heavenly society???

You kind of lost me on the rest of your post.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh yea another thread like this. Man the OP has no understanding of what heaven is. Read my thread about heaven OP/

We are told over and over again, from the moment we are born about heaven and angels. How you are supposed to be good and follow specific rules not questioning anything so you can go there.

(OP)

Not me, I didn't grow up religious but I chose to of my own free will to love Jesus.

what society doesn't have rules? We have rules called lwas in america, every country has them, it's called common sense and a guide for a peacful life.

and God said the exact opposite of not questioning everything/ The bible says the exact opposite. Get those facts strait first.

It sounds more like a lockbox for the weak minded to me. (OP)

that makes absolutely no sense.

If, as a Christian, you actually believed everything that you were taught, then why would you want to go to heaven? Why wouldnt you want to spend all the time you could to fight against evil? Why wouldnt you want to go to hell and battle the satin you believe in and demons to help make things more safe for those innocent ones still walking the earth?

(OP)

LOL! They do. people who die and go to heaven, are still working up there for their family and stuff. nobody said they don't . You must be a youngster.

You refuse to ask questions and search for the truth, because you are afraid you will not go to heaven. You spend your free time in church because you believe it will increase your chances of going to heaven

(OP)

No, that's completely not true, learn what the bible teaches son. I persoanlly go to church to recieve communion and worship, NOT because I will get a free trip to heaven.

don't work like that. If people are stupid enough to be hypocritical and go to church for that they deserve to be cast away.

and I don't think people in church are that stupid.

We go to love and worship...

Jesus himself said.

" do this in memory of me "

We have a weekly and daily communion as he commanded passed through the ages.

Even walking on water he said 'you can do this' all you had to do was believe. BUT the church calls that witch craft and that is evil, if you do it you will not go to heaven.

SO, now we have a bunch of selfproclaimed Christians who will not live the way Jesus did, because they might not go to heaven.
(OP)

The Chruch doesn't call that witchcraft. The church calls non christian magic witchcraft. Not what jesus did. Because what they do is invoke black magic and the powers of satan, which can be devicstating to an idol mind..

Doing witchraft isn't what Jesus said to do. he said go help the homeless and pray and do good works. Supernatural powers are given to the saints for curings, and so they didn't force it on themselves and desire power like magicians.

and so alot of what you say, truly doesn't connect with me, it doesn't make sense. I can see you're probably young.

Just keep searching scripture..

peace.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
it's gonna be full of judgemental people and i don't want to associate with the likes of them "

really? that's weird considering God said those type are not welcome in his kingdom.

heaven is love itself. if you ever felt it inside your soul, you know that loving fealing that comes over you with a good song. magnify that times a trillion combined with the joy and happiness that cannot be imagined.

judgemental people including myself, will not be allowed there because Christ himself said so.

peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Yes I read your thread on heaven. Granted I didnt get far, due to the tears in my eyes.....from laughter. Seriously the way you brought in orgasims, was just down right disturbing.

Youngster? Realy? That is such a common tactic I thought you would be more creative, especially after that thread. I have found that most Christians, when you do not believe what they do they assume your ignorant, it helps them feel more richous.

To answer, no I am not a youngster, but thanks for the compliment.

Also, my name is mrsdudara, most people can read my name and assume that I am not a "son". * oh I see now you have edited your post to remove that part *

As for the part where you state that witchcraft is bad because they practice dark arts, and envoking the powers of satin...you could not be more wrong. I find that down right insulting! Your ignorance is more fitting for 1692.

Why on earth would I search scripture? It is an incomplete book. The churches decided what to put into that book and what to remove so to controll the masses. They have admited to it.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My theory is that in all my teachings of heaven, they all seemed to assume that we'd keep our earthly form when we went to them. Now that is something I'd truly want to avoid. I love my being, but I don't want to be stuck in a big goofy shell my whole existence.

Basically, people describe heaven like its the euphoric version of earth.. Thats what perplexes me. I'd be much more euphoric flying around the universe as my soul checking out the cosmos, learning of all that I couldn't understand while alive.

To me, there is no heaven, per se. I believe after death, we are left alone. We must figure out how to cope just as in life. Eventually, you may find your loved ones and learn from them, but I find my idea of heaven to be one that isn't so lazy..

But then again I'm a little nuts too.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes I read your thread on heaven. Granted I didnt get far, due to the tears in my eyes.....from laughter. Seriously the way you brought in orgasims, was just down right disturbing.
(OP)

Ok that makes no sense. The orgasm is considered the greatest fealing known to man, and obviously if God can do that he can do far greater, again you laugh, I get 2 flags, and this thread gets?

keep laughing.

Youngster? Realy? That is such a common tactic I thought you would be more creative, especially after that thread. I have found that most Christians, when you do not believe what they do they assume your ignorant, it helps them feel more richous(OP)

Oh really! More righteous... If you learn to spell maybe you would be yourself. (owned).. nah, I misspell too. But comeon, I knew you were a spammar, trying to act sincere.. and you finally let it out.

I say you're a youngster I was presuming off your thread. ignroance is written over the OP, it's ridiculous logic... And saying youngster has nothing to do with feeling righteous. It's completely out of context.

I have written to people before who I disagreed with and NEVER called them youngster, but your OP was an occasion. It doesn't make sense.

Also, my name is mrsdudara, most people can read my name and assume that I am not a "son". * oh I see now you have edited your post to remove that part (OP)

ea that was my bad. I talk to my people like that. What's up son all the time...

sorry.

As for the part where you state that witchcraft is bad because they practice dark arts, and envoking the powers of satin...you could not be more wrong. I find that down right insulting! Your ignorance is more fitting for 1692.

(OP)

satin? Yea there are satinist in the world. The worship of comfy satin sheets, it's a large body in america of believers.

You find it insulting that I believe something 2000 years of prophets and christ himself have said about black magic? I could not be more wrong? Well according to every saint and the Lord himself you are wrong.

1692?

Yea I actualy teleported from that time.

Why on earth would I search scripture? It is an incomplete book. The churches decided what to put into that book and what to remove so to controll the masses. They have admited to it.

(OP)

BS.. they removed certain books because of the uncertainty of the legitimacy of the texts, go read your history..

And the book itself couldn't hold much more texts to it anyways so they had to downsize in certain books which are legitimate books you can still read.

They have admitted to nothing.

" to control the masses "

Yea, ofcourse. Considering those books contain the same things, if not more controlling facotrs than the legitimate texts themselves..

this is why i said you must be a youngster.

I'll let others handle you in this thread, this is circular all day. God bless you OP...

Please forgive me for sounding rude.

peace.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

[edit on 2-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why wouldnt you want to go to hell and battle the (satin) you believe in and demons to help make things more safe for those innocent ones still walking the earth?
(OP)

ahahaha battle Satin? Yes when I die, God how I would love to battle satin?

How do you mispell satin? it can't be a typo considering the I is all the way across from the A on the keyboard?

It smells like a secret spammar...

He did this twice.

Now as for Satin... He does battle smooth skin and flakey skin all day. We need to fight him by grabbing those sheets and putting them in the rinse cycle at the landry mat...

extra detergant.....

No bleach!

I will at the order of the OP to ask God to fight the reign of Satin. after death..

and when I do, the sheets will be no match for my vicious wrath and cleaning skills.

daggot.

God bless you OP. I hope you can find humor in all this.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Oh i get it

" satin "

You truly think it's spelled like that..

That was my mistake. It's satan. Yea it does sound like an I.

If you truly were sincere in the OP pray to God, and he will give you the answers.

Please forgive my rudeness, btw the last post was a joke.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I do not believe in your form of Satan. Two posts, long ones at that over the misspelling of a word?

I have done my research on the subject of the bible, along with those cute little bible stories they tell kids. I know my history well. Granted I could always know more.

What do you mean spammer? Do you assume that because I find your beliefs nonsense that I am not being serious?

richous - awesome, sweet, cool, wicked
I intentionally did not use the term righteous because a true Christain would no better than to think themselves righteous therefore they could not be more righteous.

"BS.. they removed certain books because of the uncertainty of the legitimacy of the texts, go read your history.. "

Wrong answer. That is incorrect. Ok, lets see how well you know your history then. Lets start with something simple. Which canon do you use? Is everything in there? How did they choose what should be included and what should not be included? Is yours a closed canon or an open canon. If it is a closed canon, then when was it closed? What are some of the theories as to why the book of Enoch or henoch are not in the bible you have today? Also why do you suppose they didnt want the Shepherd of Hermas/Sheherd of Hermes included?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I really like your theory.

"I'd be much more euphoric flying around the universe as my soul checking out the cosmos, learning of all that I couldn't understand while alive."

I couldnt agree more.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I don't
and
I won't be going.
There is another hope and option that most Christians don't talk about because they don't understand the bible. The scriptures posted below is my hope and the ultimate destiny of 99% of humans that have lived and died.

Psalm 37:29

29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Matthew 5:5 From Jesus himself

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Here Jesus is repeating what was already known from the Psalms
Psalm 37:9-11

9For evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait and hope and look for the Lord [in the end] shall inherit the earth.
10For yet a little while, and the evildoers will be no more; though you look with care where they used to be, they will not be found.
11But the meek [in the end] shall inherit the earth and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

And once they do that then this scripture happens

Isaiah 65: 21-25

21 They will build houses and live there. They will plant vineyards and eat fruit from them.
22 They will not build homes and have others live there. They will not plant and have others eat from it. My people will live as long as trees, and my chosen ones will enjoy what they've done.
23 They will never again work for nothing. They will never again give birth to children who die young, because they will be offspring blessed by the LORD. The LORD will bless their descendants as well.
24 Before they call, I will answer. While they're still speaking, I will hear.
25 Wolves and lambs will feed together, lions will eat straw like oxen, and dust will be food for snakes. "They will not hurt or destroy anyone anywhere on my holy mountain," says the LORD.

And this too for humans on earth

Revelation 21: 4

4God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away.

So the earth isn't going to be destroyed like many think, the order or current system of human conditions that has existed for centuries, is going to be replaced by God. Better known as the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ. A theocratic government over this earth with Jesus Christ as it's King.

Logically people will live under that government not in heaven but on this our current earth.

So no I don't want to go to heaven, once all this happens the earth is going to be an awesome place to be, not like today where this planet is suffering from all kinds of problems that are unsolvable by humans alone.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That is such a great point. Thank you for posting that. I think along those same lines a lot. This world is an awesome one with a lot of potential. Its only downfall is us. I also think that we are able to wander this world after our bodies are done. Perhaps that is what it is talking about there. When you die it is a lot like what it describes there.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Even Heaven has a Heaven. It never ends, it's all a matter of perspective.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Well, ain't you just got the peachy life. Have you ever smelled flowers?

Oh... wait, I get it. Your ability to enjoy the good things in life has been severely stunted by the fact that you probably HAVE all the good things in life.

I electronically punt you in the ass with my foot. Enjoy something negative today.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I suggest you be careful with your thinking. George Washington didn't want to be president either, but guess Whaaa--aat.......

You might just end up being one of the 144,000. Heh. Did you make poopy in your panties?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Well, ain't you just got the peachy life. Have you ever smelled flowers?

Oh... wait, I get it. Your ability to enjoy the good things in life has been severely stunted by the fact that you probably HAVE all the good things in life.

I electronically punt you in the ass with my foot. Enjoy something negative today.

Yes I have smelled flowers. My favorite way to smell them is to walk through fields of wild flowers. I think the purple are my favorite. They show up during the middle of summer.

I do have an excelent life, now. My past is what keeps me from taking everything for granted. I have had to face my mortality on several occasions. Enough times to see what really matters with extreme clarity. Enough times to know what is worth fighting for, and willing to fight for it.

Thanks for the negative energy, its good to maintain balance.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Do I want to see my loved ones? Yea. However spending eternity smelling the daisys sounds incredibly boring.

Incredibly boring indeed, BUT...

If 'heaven living' is supposed to be like that, why not just take everybody else?

>>If there's a requirement needed, there's usually a JOB to fulfill.

If sin was the ONLY problem to prevent you reaching heaven, God could simply just give the 1 command - DO NOTHING, why make it so complicated, right?

-Once in heaven, you can actually go back and forth - leave, return, and explore the galaxy, other galaxies perhaps, fight alien demons and execute justice at every opportunity....

Sounds incredibly boring isn't it?

Somehow when the time comes, wish I will still remember the 'Trekky' boy in me
Take us to Warp 10... Engage!!

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
So the earth isn't going to be destroyed like many think, the order or current system of human conditions that has existed for centuries, is going to be replaced by God. Better known as the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ. A theocratic government over this earth with Jesus Christ as it's King.

Logically people will live under that government not in heaven but on this our current earth.

So no I don't want to go to heaven, once all this happens the earth is going to be an awesome place to be, not like today where this planet is suffering from all kinds of problems that are unsolvable by humans alone.

Maybe, maybe not. Ironically, Jesus also gave clear passages that the Kingdom of God is not of this Earth's. Jesus actually warned against people saying "There is the Kingdom of God!"

Also God will allow a great deception to take place in the last days. That could just be it...

Earth will be destroyed and melted like wax as mentioned in the Bible and as predicted by Scientists in the Red Giant phase of the Sun, and during the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxy merger... Only after that when life would radically change for the good....

Scientifically, radio waves could alter DNA, galactic nuclei emit radio waves... After the galactic merger, the radio waves could be altered so much as to affect evolution/mutation in a beneficial manner.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by ahnggk]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join