It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You're completely clueless if you think that this was Bush's doing. This was no one man, or one President's, doing. This is the result of greed, corruption and a messed up system. This is the result of DECADES of stupid, greedy mistakes. And this situation was made infinitely worse when politicians and activists on the Left decided that everyone was entitled to own a home regardless of their financial status or ability to afford it. Washington all but forced banks to make questionable loans to questionable individuals, and now we are ALL paying the price.

People like you really irk me. You have no idea what is going on but you've been so brainwashed into hating Bush that you just assume that this is all his fault. No single President is responsible for this, and no single President can fix this.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
Sorry folks.. life is what you make it...

I got laid off last december, did i pitch a tent and wait for my handout???? Nope I was proactive, started my own company, and cant be happier!!!!

This whole mantra of "poor me, poor me" needs to stop!!!!

Its an old saying but, when life gives you lemons you make lemonade!!!

Get off your ass and make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

my god what a bunch of quitters!!!!!!!!

Wow, and everything that has been posted EXPLAINING CLEARLY why this isn't as simple as YOU seem to think it is just flew right the *** over your head! And you SEEM to be an intelligent person.

But alas, I'll lower myself down to your level and try to EXPLAIN why many of these people simply can't do what you did. (Not bashing what you accomplished because it is indeed what this country was and is based on).

Have you ever been homeless? Have you known homeless people? Have you ever TALKED with the homeless? I mean, really talked with them? Do you know THEIR story?

There are so many different stories out there that I can hardly begin to touch on them. There are so many different TYPES of homeless people that it will be a LONG list to put them all down here.

You have those that are simply incapable of taking care of themselves. They are either mentally or physically ill but do not have the people to take care of them. I bet, from what you are saying in your post, that you would probably consider letting them fall by the way since they can't get off their rears and change their situation. Since they are INCAPABLE of doing so. Just wash away the filth and cut away the cancer right?

Then you have the abused young mothers that so often end up on the streets. Society spurns them when their husbands happen to be respected people in their community. Many of them, like my mother, have nowhere to go. They do what they can to feed and shelter their kids. Many of the shelters out there are full.

So, with no one to watch those kids while she gets up off her lazy rear to get a job, what is she to do? I mean, it's up to her right? She can box the kids up and put them under a bridge and come back to them after work. Right?

Although I applaud your story of making your life better I am completely let down by your inhumanity and lack of understanding of what drives most of the homelessness in this nation and the world. It's not laziness my friend. Not in all or even most cases.

And many of these people simply don't have the smarts to go and start a business of their own. Many of them are high school or elementary school dropouts (my own mother made it to the 9th grade. Pretty impressive that she produced 3 kids to all get advanced degrees.)

Enough said on my part. I just wish more of the callous and ignorant people (ignorant of what MOST of these people are going through and how they got in that situation) would open their minds and their hearts. Instead of simply judging all on an equal footing.

EDIT TO DEFINITELY ADD: And as for your lable of "Expert Thinker", I must say that you definitely did NOT display any expert thinking in your callous and inhumane post.

Makes one wonder who the true loser is.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by dariousg]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Bravo to you my friend. You must be a kindred spirit to my mother. I cannot say how many times we had strangers sitting at our meager Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. It was a life lesson that I will be eternally grateful of her for. When we finally got back on our feet and off of the streets I would wake up many mornings with a stranger crashing on the couch. I would get to know these people for a day or two and then they would move on.

It's about humanity and so many have simply lost their way. So again, BRAVO to you and whatever God you believe in, may It bless you!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
In Australia if you are homeless the teenagers will pour petrol on you and set you on fire. It seems to happens a lot down under.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Okay. I see what you are saying. Besides ignoring how human kind has developed over the past 10,000 years (you know, community systems where people took care of each other), I want to ask only this.

You disclude the mentally and physically ill. I understand that. What then constitutes able bodied and able minded?

I mean, I know many of the homeless that I grew up around and have since taken the precious few minutes that it does to get to know them a little, have very low mental abilities. In other words, they're just not smart and never will be. They were discarded by the education system that is so broken in this country. Where some are pushed through even though they didn't learn a damn thing. Or ignored by the teachers as a lost cause because there are smarter kids that can benefit more from their close attention.

Those people are the ones that make up a nice chunk of the homeless too. They just don't have the brain power to understand what it takes to get out. They had depended on others their whole lives and then one day they find themselves with no options.

I'm just trying to make sure that all angles are viewed here because it's not as cut and dry as many are trying to make out on this subject. There are only so many people that can sell oranges. There are only so many people that can pick fruit.

I used to head down to Seattle to pick up help. This was in the heyday of the Clinton years when everything seemed to be going smoothly. Unemployment was very low yet there were many homeless that would gather in a parking lot every morning and wait for people who needed labor help. You would pull up and pick out of the hundreds only a small few. I tried to pick someone different as often as I could. But I couldn't help them all.

You see, there is only so much room for the homeless to work. It's not as cut and dry and many would like to make it. Try slipping into those homeless shoes for one month. Seriously, try it. But do it in the summer because you DON'T want to be homeless in the winter. (Which makes it a pathetically ignorant statement when someone says that many of these people CHOOSE to be homeless). Take a month off from life. Live the homeless life. Live ONLY off of what you can obtain without using any of your existing cash base or family/friends network. Because that is where most of these people are.

Then come back on here and let us know how lazy these people are and how they CHOOSE to live this way. (This isn't directed solely at you. Your post makes sense. I'm directing this at those that choose to belittle the dire sitaution these people have found themselves in.)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The banks own all the property that we like to claim is ours. We strive to pay the banks to live. We must make the mortgage payment. It is our home, right? That's not enough, they demand insurance payment for it too. That's not enough because you have to pay for repairs to their property. That's not enough because you owe taxes too. That's not enough because your rates just went up.

Sid worked his whole life. He thought he could see the light at the end of the tunnel. He played the game well enough. Suddenly his job closed down. He tried to find a different job, but he became ill. He dipped into his meager savings to try to pay some of the bills. He then turned to his credit cards. Things got bad quick.

The harassing phone calls were unrelenting and weren't helping his condition at all. What would become of him and his children? His wife was a mental wreck at this point and no help. Sid begged the creditors and mortgage company for more time. The answer was always the same. "Things happen but you still have to pay your bills." They would say.

The bank served him an eviction notice. They needed a fresh piece of meat to sign their lives over. They could care less what happens to Sid and his family. They used him up and he was no good any more. He needed to go. That particular parcel of land was profitable for them. Who would be their next victim?

They set this system up a long time ago and we bought right into it as they called it the American dream. Let me ask you, who thought paying a bank to live was a good idea? Let's all try to get more promissory notes and give them back to them. That's all it really is. Just a note that promises it is worth what is written on it. It keeps us running in circles and crushes those who can't keep up. Welcome to the American dream, where the weak are eaten alive.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I believe the government could give them homes. That's what they do in India, India's government even has debt forgiveness program, so i have no clue why our government would just say f- you right to our face and then give "bailout" money to the corporate riches, they should have rather given it to the home owners who needed it. In fact maybe if the government did do that our economy would be stronger since people would spend more, because they have less to worry about.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

The people your talking about are called the chronically homeless. They don't really want jobs, they don't want a home, they want to live for free. (believe me I was homeless for a time, they are out there) and your right, they are scum and don't deserve anything.

But there are people out there that have been hit by this economic downturn hard. They lost their homes, they lost their jobs they lost everything that made them productive members of society.

These people don't want to be living in a tent. They don't want to be out there, they want to work they want to have a home and they want to have the American dream back.

They aren't scum, they aren't bums, and they do want to make their lives better.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The problem is that Washington's economy is all based on government jobs, which are now the best paid in Amerika. They will be the last to be homeless.
They did build a big homeless camp in DC during the thirties. General MacArthur burned it down.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My daughters and I went to Starbucks to get a coffee yesterday and some guys was standing on the corner with a sign asking for money. Both my tender-hearted daughters got out and gave him money and wished him well.

I noticed that his hair was brushed and clean cut, clothes were clean and not torn, had matching socks, didn't have that "lean, hungry" look, etc. I smiled and asked him how he was doing. He said he was doing okay. He just wanted to take his girlfriend out to Catfish Cabin for dinner that night and was "raising money" for that purpose.

I nodded. Can't fault his choice in restaurants. They do have good food. I didn't give him a damn dime.

I've been homeless with kids. It's not pleasant but if you get 5 bucks you don't go out to eat at a restaurant. Taught my kids plant identification so we didn't have to beg for food. We spent time in the libraries learning to identify plants in our area then went out to find those edible plants.

Finding a place to sleep was the hardest. In the summer we'd go to the high dollar motels and sleep on the poolside chaises. Poor people look the same as rich people if all they're wearing is a bathing suit. Taught the kids manners so they'd fit in and be acceptable company in the upper crust of society.

I've bought 2 of my kids a house because I don't ever want them to have to be homeless with kids. Don't mind helping those that CAN'T help themselves (disabled, etc.) but everyone can do something.

My disabled, elderly friend is being sucked dry by somebody she's trying to help who is 20 years younger than her and 436 pounds. He collects disability and claims he can't work. Spends all day on the computer. I told her he can obviously operate a computer so there's home-based computer type jobs he can do.

If I ever get to the point where I find myself on the streets with no options I know it will be time to put on the backpack and go into the woods. I can make my own way there and, if not, at least I won't be begging to be let back into a system that used me up and threw me away.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

In my post, I did mention some homeless wanting to live the way they do. I still believe that to be true. If some of these people were offered a job, and a safe place to sleep at night, they wouyld still live on the street.

Case in point. The Salvation Army has programs to help the homeless get off the street, give them job training, and a place to live. Why do some of these street people not take advantage of this.?? Most counties have at least a mininum of aid programs for the homeless. It's well know,but some homeless don'y use it--why???

I feel geniunely sorry for those newly homeless who have lost their jobs and houses by no fault of their own. But some of the other homeless, who have been that way for years, even when the economy was good, and never made an attempt to get off the street--- I don't feel sorry for. Would these people take a nice apartment if you gave it to them, and they didn't have to work?? What a great gig that would be. They are doing what they want to do, without getting a real job. In my area, I have seen the same homeless people working the same street corners for a long time, that's their job, and do-gooders reward them steadily. Those homeless people will never change.

I'm all for helping the newly homeless with families. These are the ones who want to work, and will do anything to get off the streets. Put public money where it will do the most good. Let common sense help decide.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

I know none of you scum will ever read this, but just get a job you hopeless scumbag losers....

MOD NOTE: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

Over 250,000 lost their jobs last month, Thats according to our government. The real number is probably much higher. I don't think they will be finding work anytime soon.

This is the plan. They are going to starve us and make us beg for the NWO, to come save us with their one world government plan.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ok I need to make a point. I am not homeless.... Yet.... But I do not own my home I have a mortgage so it could happen to me.

How many of you on this thread own your home out right?

How many know without a shadow of a doubt that your job is 100% secure against this economy?

If you answerd no to both of these questions then you my friend are just as close to being homeless as maybe some of these tent dwellers were a year ago.

Think about it... This time next year you could be homeless, I could be homeless. Again this thread is not talking about the chronicly homeless it is about the current crisis that has driven many to homelessness. So unless you own your home, have a ton of gold and silver put up, have enough food to get you by for seven years after the up comming fall do not be so high and mighty. Oh and if you do have all the above set into place you may need to pray to God that you are not killed for the food you have put up because it is comming to that and very soon....

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow, I got a million responses from all you bleeding hearts....well...let me address em one by one....

reply to post by 12.21.12

When reality sinks, you will realize that tent cities are inevitable because these are people who not only lost their homes, but their jobs as well and it happened because the bankers have hyperinflated the economy with debt, that their is not enough money to pay for.

Right, but I don't see how planting them on capitol hill says anything....I mean even if you believe you're own theory thats its all the fault of bankers then wouldn't it make more sense to park them all in front of banks. Oh wait, that real estate is already taken up by the scumbags who aren't down on their luck...just looking for cash to buy more drugs and booze.....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

Get a brain you unthinking, uncompassionate, horror!

next time you try and dis, try adding a little substance to your insult...make it clever...I mean, come on middle school...yer out of yer element here obviously

Most of the homeless people (especially now) are either down on their luck, have mental problems and no one to take care of them, or are hooked on chemicals (yes, drugs).

Right......and?

Were they fools for trying the drug in the first place? Yes! Did they deserve to have their lives ruined for one bad decision? NO!

It's very naive of you to believe that 1 bad decision is responsible for a life on the streets. Do they deserve to have their lives ruined for a a million horrible decisions? yep, they do.

If everyone simply did what we used to before welfare, everyone would be alright. Back then, everyone took care of each other. If your neighbor's house burned down, you invited him to stay with you.

It's very naive of you to think that people don't help each other anymore...and sad....
But really...do i wanna help a strung out scumbag, who complains when I don't give him enough change...really.....think about it....

As someone that was laid off as a result of the financial crisis, I would love to get a job. Why don't YOU tell me where to find one? There aren't enough jobs to go around and there are many employment scams out there.

Find on the same place I did, craigslist.com has jobs posted every single day..go check for yerself.....I have 2 jobs, work everyday...why don't you?

You just about have to be sleeping with someone to get a job these days!

Such a complete copout....I think this statement sums up the real reason you don't have job....I mean come on dude...really? Just go get an income...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Right, caused in part by the banking system of the Federal Reserve. I am not suggesting that they don't park outside the banks. But if you do, you outta spring for a bus ticket and park it right outside the banks corporate headquarters. Or just go to your local State Government or closest Federal Reserve bank and park it there.

But if you are not getting on with your life due to the manipulation of our financial system I say take it to DC and set your tents up their, sooner or later this country is going to fall apart, so we might as well make ourselves a place to congregate until then to let them know we are not going to put up with it anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

Wow, that has got to be the most ignorant post i've seen in a long time. If I were as heartless as you, I'd hope everything in your life went to shi+ and you were forced to live the life of the unfortuanate. But I'm not, so I'll just wish you the best and hope you never have to go through what some of these people are going through. You obviously have no idea how good you have it.

I don't see my post as ignorant. and clearly neither do you, your statement, since was not backed up, was obviously just an emotional response so I'll let it slide. I don't have it that great, I've got problems too, who doesn't? But at what point do you draw the line? It's hard to have sympathy for people who just ruin their own lives and then expect everyone to help them out....

again....I'm not so much referring to the tent cities, as am the street scum in the city. I get that a lot of people are "just down on their luck" but not the ones I see day to day.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Seattle is definitely a special case, what with all of the drugged out kids who came there specifically to be squatters, stealers, and beggars. I've seen some specials about Seattle, it's a pretty disgusting problem that is damn near impossible to solve. There's no room for all of these bums in jail, and who wants to pay for a bunch of drug-addled goons to live anyway? I'm sure there are some legit homeless in Seattle, but yeah what you're talking about is effed up.

Go ahead and ship them over to my part of town. They won't last through the winter in the dirty D, lol....and handouts??? Not likely, not in the capital of the rust belt. They'd be just as likely to get a gun stuck in their face as a quarter here.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

And I hope that you end up homeless and without any hope very soon.

Come on dude, why would you wish that on me...after all I'm a productive member of society..I work 7 days a week serving the public. If everyone was like me there would be no economic slowdown...face it liquidsmoke is the solution, not the problem....I'm doing my part...thats the dif between me and these scum. Trust me, you wanna keep me around a little while longer...

I hope someone just like you will come along and "humiliate" you for a change.

If bankers are our masters, isn't anything you do for a buck humiliating.....? LOL

Remarkable that people like you still exist on Earth. But thankfully, karma is a biach, and you'll get yours.

It's not remarkable really...I mean think about it, I'm one of the hard working intelligent ones...exactly the kind that you would expect would still be around. Now, whats with all the bums? And for the record, according to Hwee Yong Jang author of The Gaia Project 2012, the wheel of Karma has already ended, and therefor I face no karmic repercussions as result of my mean old post. So neener neener.

Unfortunately, this was Bush's doing, you can't blame Obama for this. You can blame him when he fails to act though, which is the case.
The government can afford to give billions to banks and businesses in the pathetic "hope" that it'll trickle down, but they cant afford to do anything about this?
Sorry, just not buying it.

I think there are moves the government could be making to help with econimic slowdown, but I also know that it is a system that goes up and down, there's always a boom then a recession thats just a fact. They will teach you that in a basic economics class. Our current system just works that way. Although this recession seems to be particularly bad I don't think you can go blaming Bush. Not entirely anyways. Things have been building for a long time, there's been a lot of corruption and bad decision making not just in government, but in the corporate and industrial world too. I think it's far too complex to blame any one person or thing, or expect any one person or thing to get us out. Is Obama making the right decisions? Only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Humiliating a human being for a quarter?

I haven't actually done that.....yet. If one of em really ticks me off I might tho...let ya know it goes....

Your so much better then these homeless people, because your lucky enough to still have a job and a home?

Well if you chalk it up to luck then I agree, I'm no better then bums. But come on dude don't you think people like you and me get a little bit of credit besides just good luck? I prefer to think that the people who have just a had a run of bad luck are the type of people with the know how to get out. It's the lifers that i can't stand.

For your sake I hope you never in the same position as one of these homeless people, karma's a #.

Me too. But I know in order for that to happen, I'd have to make a lot of dumb decisions in life, and I'm just not a big enough idiot to do that...
see my previous post for a word on karma.....LOL

I take that back. I hope you become homeless and get to experience first hand the struggle these people go through everyday. Hopefully they will remember you humiliating them and give you a warm welcome. Maybe that is what it will take to open your closed mind and learn compassion.

Oh I see them everyday...in fact...you know what? Right after I made my original post and headed downtown one almost stepped in front of the bus I was on. He was so out of it, he couldn't even figure out there was a bus tryin to get by him..., someone had to come grab him and lead him away from the street, despite the driver honking and yelling! How many compassionate bums do you know?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join