It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sorry folks.. life is what you make it...

I got laid off last december, did i pitch a tent and wait for my handout???? Nope I was proactive, started my own company, and cant be happier!!!!

This whole mantra of "poor me, poor me" needs to stop!!!!

Its an old saying but, when life gives you lemons you make lemonade!!!

Get off your ass and make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

my god what a bunch of quitters!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret1
reply to post by KSPigpen

These homeless ought to be tenting right outside the Fed and banks.

You nailed it! The FED creates the conditions by which this circumstance comes about. No matter how well intentioned bankers and bureaucrats claim to be, their sole purpose is rape you of any and all wealth you might posess.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by BennyHill]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

It's not that simple. You may be missing the point. You found a way to get back on your feet, and I'm willing to bet you had someone help you to "start your own business". Not everybody has that. If you got a business loan, not everybody can do that. I'm glad you were able to pull it off. Hopefully, many homeless people have a plan to execute, and are just biding their time, like you, to make things right.

But your smugness and self-righteousness is misplaced, which confuses me. If you've "been there" as you claim, it would seem you would relate more to the ones who are experiencing what you once did. The little
"get off your butts and do what I did" attitude/chastizement is veritably worthless. Unless it feeds your own ego. Or do you think it's actually useful advice? Nobody else has figured that out?

This is the little "pecking order". "I've got mine, I did it, to hell with you, get your own".
The very mentality speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Whatever happened to "pay it forward"? Do you know what that means?
Just curious.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
PLEASE MODS DONT DELITE PLZZZZZZZ To EVERYONE THATS YOU PPL IM HOMELESS .YOU SAY I PUT MY SELF HERE?
I DONT DRINK I DONT DUE DRUGS . BEFOR This happened to me I HAD A 100K HOME CARS KIDS AND A PICKET FENCE. AND U SAY I WOULD RATHER STAND HOLDING SIGNS?
WELL your the reasion i dont hold signs . YOU SAY I WANT TO BE HOMELESS ????????????????????????????????????
I work as much as i CAN WERE EVER I CAN GET WORK> I just WORKED 7 DAYS STREAGHT AND U CALL ME A BUM??????????????
IM OUT HERE BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I BEG BEG for JOBS post on line .
c LIST even thought I FILLED OUT APPS FOR 9 MONTHS STREAGHT I CANT GET STEADY WORK.
LETS GET THIS STREAGHT PPL STEADY WORK AS IN 40) PLUSE HOURS AT EVEN 8$ an hour WOULD GET Me OFF THE STREETS I SEE MANNY MANNY LIKE ME it UNBELIVABLE how manyy .
BUT hey EVERY ONE HERES MY RESUME EMAIL ME ILL MOVE ANYWARE IF ITS A REAL JOB.
I HAVE worked in construction and can do much of that filed and if i dont know it ill learn IT. I can do mechanics cars down to tosters.
I CAN do farming and worked on a plantation for years and mannaged the WHOLE place my self. I KNOW irregation pumps fancing animal husbenry .
AND YES MY SPELLING BITES. I have manny more skills as well.
NOW WHO WANTS TO BET THERES NOT ONE REPLY IN MY EMAIL
FINLY To all the high and MITY THIS IS JUST HOW MUCH I WANT OFF THE STREETS . HIRE ME IF I DONT FULLY FILL EVERY EXPATION DONT PAY ME.
. EMAIL ME IF ITS A REAL JOB ILL EMAIL MY PHONE NUMBER TO YOU [snip]
PS I DIDNOT MAKE MY SELF HOMELESS I HAD TEARBLE THINGS HAPPEN
IM missing an eye and finger and thats just the tip of what i been through in the last 5 years.
YOU realy think manny want to be homeless ??? knowing ppl THINK LIKE U DO seeing ppl treat me like a crimial??? I have never BEEN CHARGED WITH EVEN 1 CRIME.
OOO ID love to say so much more but out of respect of the few here who alest try to have compasion ill refrane. Me trash? better look in the MIRRO

Mod Edit: Removed e-mail address

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I am truly impressed. I cant say that I have met or read posts from many people on here that genuinely surprise me but you have surprised me. That you do that for your friends is... actually im short of words.

A star for you.

Dave

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I wish I had some work to offer you xxcalbier, but I'm so sorry I do not.
Maybe making this post here will lead to something for you. It's amazing you registered on ATS in 07. You must just read, and not post.

I am so sorry things are difficult for you now, and I sincerely hope things get better soon. I am glad you posted, and I hope maybe someone will learn something from what you said, in addition to help for you.

My best to you.
liw

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

This is the single most important post on this thread.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This saddens me deeply. I have never seen so many homeless people before in all in my life. At 51, I have never seen things as bad as this. My heart goes out to anyone who is homeless right now. I have been out of work for some time myself. Luckily I have some money saved up because soon my benefits will end.

It is disturbing how many times these people in the tent cities are driven out of their area. No matter where they go, it's against the law. I mean, these are human beings and they desreve to live somewhere. Shelters are filled to capacity.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Screw the homeless...the lazy bums!! Billionares, CEO's, and stockholders should be able to waste money on garbage and sap the wealth of the average person...all the while pushing for companies to move overseas to raise stock values at the lost of jobs to the American worker.

Screw the poor...screw the homeless.

So many selfish a-holes on these boards anymore...I'm glad some people have some sense about them still.

Thanks for the thread KSpigpen. S/F.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Tell me how many of those people you feed are able bodied and mind who can work?

Don't worry about not feeding me either, I am of sound mind and body and refuse to be a skid mark on societys underwear and will starve before I stand in line looking for a hand out.

Its called personal pride.

I have to agree with some who said that there are more people needing jobs then there are jobs available. The competition is fierce. I remember back in 2002, I had moved about 2000 miles away....I was looking for a job and I bet for every job I got an interview for, I was competing with dozens of people for that same job. Grant it this was for higher level professional positions - but it doesn't matter the job - there is much competition. So, if that is how it was back in 2002 - I cant even imagine how it is NOW.

Even if people tried to get jobs in fast food restaurants or janitor work or even the lowest paying, lowest entry level job - there will still be dozens of people competing for maybe 1 or 2 positions.

Fact is = not enough positions for those needing jobs.

I have worked in homeless shelters before - and yes there are actually some lazy, drug addicted, drunk, mental people..............BUT.......they are not all that way. Especially the women and children (which brings on a whole 'nother set of issues)!

And for those who are addicts or have mental issues: how on earth are they going to get treatment??? That costs money, and these people dont even have money to feed themselves.

Also, many may not realize, but homeless shelters are HARD to get into!! Many have strict rules.....most if not all are overcrowded and have waiting lists. Many can not afford to function, because people are broke and can not contribute....and im sure they are not getting much govt. funding.

And I too will NEVER give them money. But I will and have bought them food and clothing. Some are very grateful....some just want the money for drugs/alcohol.

[edit on October 1st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

I got laid off last december, did i pitch a tent and wait for my handout???? Nope I was proactive, started my own company, and cant be happier!!!!

Yeah.

It is a bit ironic that the same people who blame society for lifes problems, are the same people waiting for society to fix itself and yearn to them once again.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
And has SDog showed the picture of the homeless person in WDC. It has been that way for over 20yrs. The 15yrs I lived there and the amount of time I spent downtown (WDC), it was so common to see homeless EVERYWHERE, that sadly, it was easy to forget them too (if that makes sense). I think (could have been rumour I heard years ago) that many of the homeless are a result of mental institutions relasing many of their patients at one time, many many years ago. Not sure if anyone can confirm this.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I used to be a manager at a shelter for homeless women. Almost all of residents at the shelter I worked at did have jobs. And even those who don't have jobs doesn't mean they're not trying to get a job.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
people in tent cities are one thing, but I live in a city with more homeless people than any city I have ever seen, anywhere in the world. Believe me these people are scumbags, they actually get upset if you don't give them ENOUGH money! And there's so many of them, they like being homeless, and they are definitely on drugs!

I don't give money to them, or if I do I make them humiliate themselves for a quarter.
This town needs to get get these losers out....maybe a tent city for them at the bottom of elliot bay....

I know none of you scum will ever read this, but just get a job you hopeless scumbag losers....

bad form...
who are you to judge anyone?
... unless your the type that judges books only by their cover...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

OP, you are an ignorant prick. You have no right to talk about your fellow human being like that. You don't not know their situations, and until you go and talk to every single homeless person in America and find out why they are homeless you should shut up. Many homeless people arn't there because they are lazy, I'm quite positive that if they had the ability to find a job they would gladly work instead being transients. I know several people that have college degrees and are very hard working but because of various factors are unable to obtain/maintain employment and if I would personally beat you down if you were to say anything bad about them. So, OP, grow up and quit making ignorant posts about situations you obviously have no idea about and have no experience with.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There was a lady at a tent city in Seattle who had a masters degree in accounting, with a family to provide for. She came down with debilitating carpal tunnel syndrome and couldn't work a 10-key anymore, and couldn't find work.

Very, very disheartening. It could happen to anyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

Good for you man its great that you took control of your situation and improved upon it, but you also need to not be such an ignorant prick. Many homeless people are not homeless because they are lazy or as you say a bunch of quitters. I've worked with homeless people and many of them are homeless because of reasons they cannot control, albeit addiction, mental illness, physical illness or other reasons. Until you make an effort to find out about the reasons for which people are homeless you shouldn't post on the subject.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by 12.21.12

I don't think our politicians have magic wand that they can wave to make all those people have homes. So parking them in washington dc wouldn't really make a lot of sense, or any kind of statement at all.

This is a result of many many problems, and I think that politicians in washington dont have as much control over it as most people would think. I'm all for making statements, but...that doesn't really make a logical one in my opinion.

How right you are, BUT BYGOD THEY CAN STOP THE FORCLOSERS ON HOMES IF THEY WANTED TOO. You know my husband and I have worked our fingers to the f**kin* bones to build what we have we sweat, we blead and we cried yet just before logging on I was in tears trying to find away to pay our bills because both of us are out of work and cannot find work that we could make more than our unemployment pays. Then I come on here and read this. Well kiss my gritts. I hope that you are sitting up on yur thrown probably still employed and have not a clue, well buddy you will know what it feels like I promise you that because it is comming down on everyone yes even you, it is just a matter or months or even weeks. So maybe the gov't does not have all the control but they sure as he*l had enough control to hand out millions to the not so needy a few months back. I was mad about the situation but like many I many I have passed mad. We cannot sit back and let these SOB's take what we have worked so hard for I will be damned and over my dead body will I leave my home for a tent so those SOB's can sit back driving their Rolls smoking their cuban cigars. When is America going to wake up and put that proverbeal boot up some bodies as* and take back what we have worked for?
edit spelling

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

How did you start your own business? I would love to do that but I don't have the funds. I can sew, and I make really cute dresses that I would love to sell on-line, but there is the cost of the website, let alone the cost of material and buying enough of it to make enough dresses to make a profit. I figure to sell the cheep enough so they would sell the most I could make would me $10 profit on each item.
I have been begging people to let me clean their houses for work but nothing yet. If it wasn't for my grandparents do what little they can and e-bay I don't know what I'd do until I found work. Any one want to by a 10 gallon practically brand new fish tank? A 27" 2006 television that the pawnshop won't take because they only take flat screens now? Its in great condition, I just don't watch T.V. any more for ethical reasons.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Take over the banks- I bet they have heating.
Take over the white house- I bet it has food.

It's called squatting, and we need to start doing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join