It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm-ravaged Philippines braced for 'super typhoon' Parma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

thestar.com.my.../2009/10/2/worldupdates/

(CNN) -- Days after one storm left hundreds dead and most of Manila under water, the Philippines was bracing itself Thursday for the impact of a super typhoon gathering pace in the western Pacific.

Typhoon Parma is expected to bring heavy rainfall and major property damage to the Philippines on Saturday, according to meteorologists.

The storm was upgraded to a super typhoon Thursday as it churned towards the island nation with winds of 240 kph (150 mph). The storm was about 600 miles (965 km) southeast of Manila, the Philippines' capital on Thursday afternoon.

The five-day tracking map shows the storm south of Taiwan on Monday.

Parma comes on the heels of Typhoon Ketsana, which left at least 246 people dead as it passed over the Philippines over the weekend. An additional 38 were still missing, the National Disaster Coordinating Council said.......

[edit on 1-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Cant find much info detailing the storm tracks of the two typhoons. Can anyone help?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My families homes were affected but there were millions of others in worse circumstances. It truly was devestating. My family has been giving shelter to neighbors as their houses have been ruined. Please pray(to whomever/whatever) that this 'super typhoon' will subside.

Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's a web site that shows tracking details for Parma:
Typhoon Parma
Lots of maps, radar images, etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I see why they are calling it a 'super typhoon'. Two back to back in the same area. Not nice. That area of the world not been having much luck lately.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Seems like the PI has a target on it's back for typhoons. Seems like it gets hit every year. Every year i'm sending money back to help repair one of the in-laws home's after some storm. Not that i mind, it's all part of "marrying the family"...

top topics

join