It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire State Building lit for China, drawing ire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Empire State Building lit for China, drawing ire

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK – Red and yellow lights shone from the top of the Empire State Building at dusk Wednesday, a tribute to communist China's 60th anniversary that protesters labeled "blatant approval" of totalitarianism and criticized as inappropriate for an icon in the land of the free.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What is this? First the Chinese flag mess in Washington D.C. and now this? Do people not have any sense? Are we trying to appease China and hope they buy more US debt?

At the same time I look at the nation I see protetsers being called an "Unlawful Assembly". I see children at a public school being taught bizarre chants praising the POTUS. We have mandatory vaccinations coming soon and it just goes on and on and on.

Its as if the masses are blind, deaf and dumb to whats going on around them. Essentially here's another story to add to the list of popular ignorance and apathy.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Think your partly right. I think they're trying to appease china so the Don't call in the debt. This countrys starting to look like bizaro land china flag at White House now this?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
uh is this still America or did I get teleported to Chine without my knowlegde what the hell is going on in this country Why would we fly a China flag or light up one of our buildings in thier colors, scratching head

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
By now, China probably owns the Empire State Building.

No, seriously, we're so far in debt that the only way we'll pay them off is if we just start letting them repo our prized landmarks.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Empire State Building, owned by W&H Properties, owned by Malkin Holdings, owned by a Chinese investor.

China bought the Empire State Building.

If ya' don't like capitalism, move to France or something (jk).

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That article and this conversation is of complete bias and one-sided story.

I think it is ridiculous that even yahoo managed to post that article, it proves nothing sensible.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore. Why not honor our Chinese overlords.

Anyway I am not going to worry about this, there are bigger fish to fry.
The Empire State Building is privately owned so they can do what they want. This was not done by the US government.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That is Horrible,We shouldn't be celebrating Communist revolutions! I wonder what the owners of the Empire State building thought about the millions murdered in the great leap forward and the cultural revolution?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This was discussed rather a length over here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I just mention it in case anyone is interested in some relevant opinions.

Long story short ... ESB is a private company, freedom of speech, can't have it both ways ...

join