It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to "win" a protest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Most of us have seen the G20 protest videos. We have seen the techniques the riot control police are using, such as the little stomp shuffle they do. Well, I found a way to turn that into a positive thing.

When they start doing the little line stomp, all of the protesters should then line up in front of them, facing the same direction as the cops, and mimic the same stomp, except maybe add a clap between each stomp and a chant for a more cheerful sound. Though this does effectively "stop the protest" in the area we were protesting, we instead get a nice march going as far as you can lead them. Heck, just lead them around the block in circles till LRAD shows up. We should come up with a universal chant that we should spread so all protests do the same thing to "fight back" peacefully.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You can dance if you want to...

Safety Dance? A kind of ironic protest?

EDIT: Or how awesome would it be to perform thriller in front of the cops in unison. Flash mobs would be a strange but effective way of protesting.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Scopeless]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Line stomp is at 8:43

For truly revolutionary ways of protesting please see this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-10-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
WE all need to go get are protest equipment we need a side arm/permit/baseball bat/body armor/helmet/gas mask/ear plugz/shields/and pepper spray let them strike 1st them we have a right to defend our selves if we have enough we will form our riot police removal line and force them out of the city hey it says in our constition we have the right to abolish the goverment or remove it, I know the 1st option will be the only way for us to win though remeber we have 1/2 of our miltary st least will fight them and our militias and a lot of patiriots and can achieve the new politician THE PEOPLES REBULIC sorry no more democrats or republicans those losers lost thier chance to run this country they no longer qualify.All be safe out thier defend our FREE COUNTRY until death its ours not thiers.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OP, what a brilliant idea! As a chant, I'd suggest,
"Once uh pon a time...
Demonstration was no crime!"
Love the dance idea too. With music played into bullhorns... How about The Timewarp?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Another thing to consider is perhaps sitting down when you see some idiots come in and start thrashing things just because they can hide among you. These ones are those that get things shut down in short order and fast!
If you see them start to thrash things sit your butts down so the police can SEE who THEY are and remove "them" instead of ALL OF YOU.

As someone who knows police and others the main thing that causes them to STOP a protest are idiots like that ruining everyones chance to be peacefully heard! You would be pleasently surprised to hear how many of them would just love to let you continue as long as it stays peaceful they will NOT interfere. Even more of them agree with a lot of what is being said, but if violence or damage to public property breaks out they have to step in and put a stop to it. IF they can't find WHO is doing it you all go.

:sorry if I am miss spelling not doing so well the past few days:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think you need to go watch some G20 videos from last week they were peaceful and they were at a university were students were attacking them wtf.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Another thing to consider is perhaps sitting down when you see some idiots come in and start thrashing things just because they can hide among you. These ones are those that get things shut down in short order and fast!
If you see them start to thrash things sit your butts down so the police can SEE who THEY are and remove "them" instead of ALL OF YOU.

As someone who knows police and others the main thing that causes them to STOP a protest are idiots like that ruining everyones chance to be peacefully heard! You would be pleasently surprised to hear how many of them would just love to let you continue as long as it stays peaceful they will NOT interfere. Even more of them agree with a lot of what is being said, but if violence or damage to public property breaks out they have to step in and put a stop to it. IF they can't find WHO is doing it you all go.

:sorry if I am miss spelling not doing so well the past few days:

It was peaceful, then the stomping started. They took it up a notch, not us. So then we just join it with them and turn our protest into a full blown march.

And I have one more idea. Whether you have a weapon or not, I say bring an instrument. That way, if we all march, we can jam at the same time. If the LRAD shows up, we might be able to make a whimper. And if the they attack us, our instruments may have to be used as weapons. So make sure you bring the cheaper brands.

top topics

join