It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossil Skeleton From Africa Predates Lucy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I believe this was posted before but never saw the photo they provide here

Ardi, short for Ardipithecus ramidus, is the newest fossil skeleton out of Africa to take its place in the gallery of human origins. At an age of 4.4 million years, it lived well before and was much more primitive than the famous 3.2-million-year-old Lucy, of the species Australopithecus afarensis.

Pic Here

Just thought this was neat
Source

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Didn't "Eve" predate Lucy?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

are you speaking biblically?... or was there a fossilize humanoid name eve?...lol

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Older than Lucy?

When you really get into the finds that comprise "Lucy," it appears she was a congolmerate of more than one individual, scattered over the sloping landscape, where no on in their right mind could date this collection of bones.

There is no telling how old these bones were, no telling how many other individuals contributed portions of their bones, and then the "assumptions" that were made in relation to certain bone lengths were very, VERY creative.

Yeah. Let me find a couple bones, and I'll come up with another transitional species.

I wouldn't put much faith in their suppositions until not only the data comes in, but from how many sources, whether the "skeleton" was found in situ, or scattered about the surface.

new topics

top topics

join