It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Series of earthquakes rattle Central California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

“The real danger in the coming days is that a second larger quake with a magnitude of around 8.5 could occur just off the coast of Padang,” Professor McCloskey said. That could result in a huge tsunami submerging the town and surrounding coastline, which has a population of about 1.5 million.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

I understand where you're coming from asking about 'Haarp' but remember Haarp is one of ours(U.S.). You might have missed this thread done by our own illustrious 'Zorgon'-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd comment on this and do believe in weather wars but feel everything concerning that topic is in his thread.- enjoy

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 6.6 - SOUTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA
2009 October 01 01:52:29 UTC
Versión en Español

DetailsSummaryMapsScientific & TechnicalAdditional Info
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 6.6
Date-Time Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 01:52:29 UTC
Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 08:52:29 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 2.497°S, 101.540°E
Depth 15 km (9.3 miles) set by location program
Region SOUTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA
Distances 160 km (100 miles) NNW of Bengkulu, Sumatra, Indonesia
215 km (135 miles) SE of Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia
490 km (305 miles) SSW of SINGAPORE
705 km (435 miles) NW of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 7.7 km (4.8 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST=211, Nph=211, Dmin=784.6 km, Rmss=1.45 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=9
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2009mfaf

Wow, so that makes 3 in idonesia and 2 in somoa?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I will not call this a prediction on my behalf, as it is neither massive nor directly in the Bay Area; however, I posted a couple days ago that I had a dream that a massive quake would hit the San Fransisco area within the next 72 hours.

Here is the post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lone Pine, CA is about 300 miles SE of San Fransisco (as the crow flies). However, I do not believe this was what I dreamed, as the destruction in my dream rivaled that which occurred During the 1989 World Series.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

How do you know? They were working during Katrina and the China quake of May 2008. This is just like them. If they can stir up a big enough quake, they can declare an emergency and pull people into fema camps.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

give me a break,

I have been following the haarp program since before its inception(about 28 years), so explain to me how radio transmitters, that arent that strong to begin with, can cause an earthquake.

Oh please haarp caused katrina?

there are a dozen hurricanes every year, and the causes are well understood.

So I gues haarp has been around since the beginning of time, because there have been huricanes as long as there has been weather on this earth, as have earthquakes.

dont embrace ignorance, deny it

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
reply to post by m khan

give me a break,

I have been following the haarp program since before its inception(about 28 years), so explain to me how radio transmitters, that arent that strong to begin with, can cause an earthquake.

Oh please haarp caused katrina?

there are a dozen hurricanes every year, and the causes are well understood.

So I gues haarp has been around since the beginning of time, because there have been huricanes as long as there has been weather on this earth, as have earthquakes.

Now don't get cocky. Denying ignorance is by asking questions and questioning the answers. I for one do believe that we do have the technology to manipuilate the weather from all the 'factual' data that is out there.
I take it you didn't even click on my link above that was posted by 'Zorgon'. Did you know what is really neat about 'ATS' is that they have that little blank space up there in the right hand corner with the word 'Search' next to it. You see it? Ok, now type 'haarp' or 'weather manipulation' into it and click on that word 'Search'. It's just amazing how much research has been done on this subject, isn't it? Now with all that data, can you actually believe 100% that there is no possible way that we can manipulate 'Mother Nature'?
Here are a couple of other links. Now on these all you have to do is click on the highlighted topic and it will take you directly to that website.

www.weatherwars.info...

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Television weatherman Scott Stevens(1) shared his view that Project HAARP or similar technology has been used to manipulate the weather by altering atmospheric waves, and that this has been going on for decades. He came to this conclusion after studying visible satellite imagery showing large weather systems with anomalous "punched out" sections and square clouds. The punched out energy from these systems are moved to other parts of the sky, he explained.

With all this said, I will totally agree with you 100% on what you said above-

[edit on 4-10-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

The Chinese have been manipulating the weather for years.That is common knowledge. They did it before the Olympics.

Weather is global not local. Every one is talking about Manila and all the rain they received.

How about Georgia the week before?

What happens in one area of the world that weather pattern will continue around the globe until it changes or disipates.

I seriously doubt effecting the ionosphere can effect the weather.

But, heating up the oceans will.

Nobody mentions even realizes that at this moment there are thousands of underwater volcanoes erupting and a large number on land worldwide.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

And don't forget about our Russian friends and any other tech advance nation.
It's not a matter of heating up the ionosphere as it is a matter of creating more Van Allen Belts.

www.enouranois.gr...

From the 1950s the USA conducted explosions of nuclear material in the Van Allen Belts to investigate the effect of the electro-magnetic pulse generated by nuclear weapon explosions at these heights on radio communications and the operation of radar. This created new magnetic radiation belts which covered nearly the whole earth. The electrons travelled along magnetic lines of force and created an artificial Aurora Borealis above the North Pole. These military tests are liable to disrupt the Van Allen belt for a long period. The earth's magnetic field could be disrupted over large areas, which would obstruct radio communications. According to US scientists it could take hundreds of years for the Van Allen belt to return to normal. HAARP could result in changes in weather patterns. It could also influence whole ecosystems, especially in the sensitive Antarctic regions.

Plus one of the other theories is that by bouncing these frequency beams off of the ionoshere, you could heat areas of the earth both above ground and beneath the surface.
One of the recent conspiracies concerning this was the launch of 'Project CARE' which was to 'creat' a metallic artificial cloud suppossibly to observe wind patterns. The thought goes that by creating a reflective area up in the upper atmoshere that you could get a more intense and percise beam to your target.

www.nasa.gov...

The Charged Aerosol Release Experiment (CARE) was conducted by the Naval Research Laboratory and the Department of Defense Space Test Program using a NASA four-stage Black Brant XII suborbital sounding rocket. Using ground based instruments and the STP/NRL STPSat-1 spacecraft, scientists will study an artificial noctilucent cloud formed by the exhaust particles of the rocket’s fourth stage at about 173 miles altitude.

I totally agree with you about when weather is 'created' that it is like a domino effect inwhich you could not control. All you can do is, like you said, let it dissapate and balance out again.
Now here is a thought that just came to mind; 'Project Care' was conducted Sept. 19. This recent rash of weather phenomena started when?
We have some incredible minds here on 'ATS' that keep track of 'Haarp' and the likes. I wonder if these facilities have been busy recently?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join