It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Burst from 2007, has this occured again? First thread so please excuse lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abe4e33b7334.gif[/atsimg]

Ok this is a Comet that was seen sending out comet particals in a BURST THAT EXPANDED TO THE SIZE OF THE SUN. Does anyone here on the ATS BEACON HAVE AN EXPLAINATION as to why this comet was doing this. I always see interesting stuff here on the ATS so here is my little input enjoy. Also if you can please tell me what comet this was.

[edit on 10/1/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Are you talking about Comet Holmes? It had an outburst that expanded its coma to a size slightly larger than the sun in October 2007. The causes are definitely known, but it may have been caused by a build-up of gases under the surface that finally broke free.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Here's a pretty good article explaining the comet:

Comet outburst sends fragments flying

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Here's a pretty good article explaining the comet:

Comet outburst sends fragments flying

Good observation friend correct you are. I am new to creating threads so bear with me ATSrz

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Are you talking about Comet Holmes? It had an outburst that expanded its coma to a size slightly larger than the sun in October 2007. The causes are definitely known, but it may have been caused by a build-up of gases under the surface that finally broke free.

You are also correct it is HOLMES THANX.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
thats a pretty magnificent sight... hopefully nothing like that ever blows up next to earth.. would be nuts.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynchr1
thats a pretty magnificent sight... hopefully nothing like that ever blows up next to earth.. would be nuts.

I do agree when I first seen it I wondered has this happened again near our EARTH and its a very large comet.

top topics

join