It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Senate Approves Stopgap to Keep Federal Government Running

page: 3
14
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


When you read my other thread, please let me know what you think of it.

Either here, post on it there, or even U2U me, please.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.




posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


4 billion for one month is an enormous amont of money!!!

One Month! Quick! How many months in a year? LOL


Yes, $4.7 Billion, is a lot of money.

For one month, it sure seems like a piddly amount to run a country, one would think it costs more.

12 months divided by that much money would leave one man set.

If I had $4.7 Billion I would set myself up in business, and for every dollar brought in, I would set up a business, this would lead me from one business to a multi-conglomerate.

But, then again, the Government does mismanage our money, go figure.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983
 





Um, this doesn't seem to bode to well unless I'm missing something here.


What the hell is going on? I can't believe some of the stuff the governments doing
It can't add up to anything good for us.

Star and flag for the Op!

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Sundancer]



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Might be worth checking out the Bank of International Settlements website.
Statistics.
External Debt.
Joint External Debt Hub.
Tables.
National.Creditor Market.Comparitor.



posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Who gives a damn about the bailouts and things like the OP's article?

All it does is to serve notice that this entire economy is a farce.
I mean, if the Federal Government doesn't go tits up, we know why. They are just creating money that doesn't exist and running up a credit line TO THEMSELVES.

It is a complete fabrication.

Eventually, and most likely very soon, it will crash down like a house of cards.
I don't think it is avoidable at this point.

So I'm not going to allow myself to be pissed about this. It is going to happen. It is necessary if we are to hope for a better system.

The only thing that upsets me in all of this is that the American People don't seem to care enough to even understand what is going on.

Something tells me that will change soon enough. But I'm still concerned because history shows that once they get the result they demand after such a hardship, they become complacent once again after they have patted themselves on the back and the system will likely be replaced by an even more corrupt one.

Eh, I'm just watching the second hand on the clock and hoping that when it hits twelve this time around, there will be some sort of intervention...

Because at this point, America is toast.



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
reply to post by mkross1983
 





Um, this doesn't seem to bode to well unless I'm missing something here.


What the hell is going on? I can't believe some of the stuff the governments doing
It can't add up to anything good for us.

Star and flag for the Op!

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Sundancer]


Well, as far as things the Government has done, this one is actually tame.

Plain, outright robbery of the citizens, is one of the smaller crimes I have read about the Government doing, considering all the idiotic testing they did on soldiers with the Atom Bomb.



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life
 


I will check those out.

Thanks for bringing them up.

I appreciate any and all additions to this or other threads.



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Who gives a damn about the bailouts and things like the OP's article?

All it does is to serve notice that this entire economy is a farce.
I mean, if the Federal Government doesn't go tits up, we know why. They are just creating money that doesn't exist and running up a credit line TO THEMSELVES.

It is a complete fabrication.

Eventually, and most likely very soon, it will crash down like a house of cards.
I don't think it is avoidable at this point.

So I'm not going to allow myself to be pissed about this. It is going to happen. It is necessary if we are to hope for a better system.

The only thing that upsets me in all of this is that the American People don't seem to care enough to even understand what is going on.

Something tells me that will change soon enough. But I'm still concerned because history shows that once they get the result they demand after such a hardship, they become complacent once again after they have patted themselves on the back and the system will likely be replaced by an even more corrupt one.

Eh, I'm just watching the second hand on the clock and hoping that when it hits twelve this time around, there will be some sort of intervention...

Because at this point, America is toast.


I know the Federal Reserve is a scam, they are printing money that holds no physical value, other than it says that the Government will back it, which means nothing as far as I am concerned.

Intervention? What kind of intervention? Financial? Physical? It won't come.

This was pre-planned to happen to crash the economy as a part of the World Bank.

If they crash America's economy it will lead us one step closer to a "World Dollar" which is the ultimate goal of the robber-barrons in power who to me are worthless human beings.

This all links back to the Bilderberg Group trying to initiate the North American Union.



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well the roller coaster ride is not even done with in the financial.

JP Morgan, BofA and Citi are going to need more bailouts or else

Because so what bailout is for us the hard working Americans?


CIT [CIT 1.06 -0.15 (-12.4%) ] launched on Thursday a debt-exchange plan that the struggling lender to small and mid-sized companies hopes will prevent it from filing for bankruptcy.


www.cnbc.com...

So in order for the Federal Government to keep bailing out more tax payer money has to be appropriated and that is only to pay for interest.



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


This is getting ridiculous if you ask me.

Perpetually going further and further in debt, for what reason?

I still believe this is towards a build up for war.

The American/Mexican border has been militarized for quite some time.



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


Intervention was the wrong word.
Revolution is what I meant.
What kind of revolution? Hmmm... I'm not sure.

And I know that this is something we mention on here often enough, but I feel that it needs to be said yet again. Things of this nature, this stopgap, are just more fuel to the fire, in my eyes.

Even if you stop adding the fuel, it is going to burn down the house.
Something needs to happen. Or everyone is going to suffer greatly.



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


Intervention was the wrong word.
Revolution is what I meant.
What kind of revolution? Hmmm... I'm not sure.

And I know that this is something we mention on here often enough, but I feel that it needs to be said yet again. Things of this nature, this stopgap, are just more fuel to the fire, in my eyes.

Even if you stop adding the fuel, it is going to burn down the house.
Something needs to happen. Or everyone is going to suffer greatly.


I had a feeling you were referring to revolution instead of intervention.

Intervention leads one to assume drugs, alcohol, or something worse is connected.

Revolution is all well and good, but it is violent, and it gives the Government cause to stop it.

I prefer a calculated takeover without violence, in essence buying out the competition.

How To Overthrow Your Own Government, Legally and Without Violence, In Order To Survive



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Too big to fail!

American taxpayers too stupid to care!



posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


Revolution isn't necessarily violent.
Yet violence is often associated with the word.

How about a technological revolution that levels the playing field economically.

Something, anything.
Something has gotta' give here. If something doesn't work itself out, violence will follow.



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join