It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Approves Stopgap to Keep Federal Government Running

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
The scary part is where they say this is only good for another month!!!

I haven't heard anything about this on the news (shocking).

So, basically the US Government is bankrupt without this being passed and even if it is we're only good for another month before they have to pass something else?

Um, this doesn't seem to bode to well unless I'm missing something here.

It seems like more and more we are seeing these efforts to just 'buy another month' or two or three... it doesn't seem like we have any real plans for long-term recovery or sustainability.

It makes me wonder if our lease has run out on America and they are just going 'month-to-month' on the 'rent' until they can move in to their new place across town....but they don't want to tell us they're moving.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So....they've raised the budget AGAIN? By 6% at that? So the 2010 deficit will be at least 6% larger than the 1 trillion + of this year?

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
America needs another war like a burn victim needs salt in his wounds.

I tell you, our own government is actually running to this nation to the ground.

Whatever genius told the government that spending is the way to recovery was either drunk or in anti depressive drugs the day they did the advise.

Oh, I agree with you, 100%, but that is where Congress, the House of Representatives, and the White House are leading American, into yet another damn war.

I believe we will be going after both Hugo Chavez and Venezuela's oil, as well as China and North Korea, all within similar time frames, if not simultaneously.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

My point exactly is almost 100% of my posts.

American's, the average citizens, not those of us among ATS, absolutely have zero interest in real politics, nor do they know what the Hell is going on in our country.

This is one of the reasons for George W Bush's speech attacking "conspiracy theorist's" about September 11th, because he knows it just like we do, that America, or the average citizens, are absolutely stupid sheeple.

Now watch, someone will attack me for using sheeple, when they did not pay attention to the comment about average and they will lump themselves in their without thinking it through.

Congress is yet again, robbing the piggybank, and the sheeple are being fleeced.

Originally posted by maus80
I also wish that there were a huge movement to relocate all tent cities to DC.

No politician or lobbyist should be able to enter or exit DC without having to face masses of screaming and angry jobless and homeless.

I'm so ashamed of the reactionary nature of my people that it eats at me constantly. We are like a nation of spoiled royalty.

Everyone needs to get it through their heads that those that manipulate, use, and destroy us are anything but reactionary. They are the opposite, they are proactive, and proactive people can utterly own those that are reactionary. They know they can create huge problems without so much as a whimper, and then swoop in and provide whatever solution fits their agenda when the public finally reacts.

It's disgusting, and to me it proves that we unfortunately deserve what we get. The "Sleeping Giant" can boo-hoo all it wants when it gets stabbed in the heart, where was it when the sword was being cast and wielded?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by maus80]

I like where your thinking it with this but we both know that Congress and the delicate sensitivities of those politicians, on both sides of the political battle ground will not stand for that nor would they allow it.

Reactionary verses proactivity is one of the most difficult things to get initiated, in any people, whether through the political bureaucracy, or the average citizens.

I worked in a hospital as a Security Officer and saw the flaws and obvious crap of the bureaucracy, where things needed improving, and yet when I brought it up I was told to shut the Hell up because I was rocking the damn boat.

Yet, when the manager of Security was terminated had his throat slit financially because they terminiated him along with twenty-five other managers, I was the first person the new manager came to in order to initiate the changes I was struggling so hard to get initiated.

It was when she asked me to become in essence a financial assassin that I had issues with those changes, not because I have issues with working for Administration's, but because what she was asking of me was highly unethical, in essence I was supposed to either find an employee sleeping, or "find" and employee sleeping on the job, in order to bypass her Union rights and get this woman terminated who had worked for the hospital for thirty years.

Just for money.

I did just enough to equal doing "my job" without being successful.

I told my manager, I watched the woman like I was asked, but never found her sleeping on the job.

In my opinion, the hospital Administration was what was sleeping on the job, just as much as the American people were during Bush's Administration, and because the polar opposite of it is happening now, Obama is under attack as a convenient excuse to what Bush had started, but at the same time I believe it is supposed to be happening because they will blame Obama when it falls, but I see him as a tacit and complictly willing fall guy to allow the new "Rome" fall.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I do not want to belive it that the Feds are pushing us into debt and a de facto 3rd world nation. But I can no longer dispute it something very sinster and evil if going to take place. I cant put my finger on it, but I just cant shake that feeling.

Okay, you do not want to believe it, but are you seeing the evidence of it?

Are you trying to remain in denial, no offense meant there, or do you want to ignore it?

Be prepared, because the next false-flag operation is coming, and America will fall.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
You call this Keynesian "deficit spending" (anti-cyclic spending) in times of a crisis with the hope of paying back the debts in boom times.

The world is yet to find a country, where this has actually happened.

Can you supply a link or a book to support that?

I am not attacking you, just asking for clarification.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So, basically the US Government is bankrupt without this being passed and even if it is we're only good for another month before they have to pass something else?

You just said exactly what has me concerned.

That our Government will in essence only be financially solvent for one more month.

This means in essence that either they "misplaced" all that money, spent it completely, or flat out stole the whole damn lot of alloted funds for keeping our Government up and running.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

It seems like more and more we are seeing these efforts to just 'buy another month' or two or three... it doesn't seem like we have any real plans for long-term recovery or sustainability.

It makes me wonder if our lease has run out on America and they are just going 'month-to-month' on the 'rent' until they can move in to their new place across town....but they don't want to tell us they're moving.

And here, knowingly, I signed the new lease for my apartment back in January (no joke) when I knew I would not be able to afford it.

I burned through my entire life savings last year and only ended up finishing the last of it off a few months ago, $17,000 just to keep my crappy apartment.

How little did I expect to almost literally be mirroring Barack Obama's financial abilities to keep our country afloat, but I just have to wonder, if this was the plan for him how come he did not consult me, I would have told him that his plan was foolish, idiotic, and as well nearly suicidal for the country's best interest.

I need to start searching for the listening devices in my apartment, phone lines, or in the mail delivery, or something, because the man has apparently been copying everything I have had to do, but it is almost like he did this on purpose when I had no clue the economy would not pick back up in some way.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So....they've raised the budget AGAIN? By 6% at that? So the 2010 deficit will be at least 6% larger than the 1 trillion + of this year?

What a joke.

You know this is where we're about to get screwed, don't you?

Taxes will get raised, inflation will hit us even harder, and we will hemmorhage money even faster and faster as the war machine builds.

We will literally have to go to war just to pick us up again.

War is the quickest way to flush a failing economy.

But, you know, the fastest path to power, in the path to corruption.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It sure is funny how the M.I.A.C. Report was going after militia groups for knowing this was coming, was it not?

Here is a copy of the M.I.A.C. Report.

What is funny is that these guys got caught with their pants down and caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No I see, I dont want to see it but how can you not... The Fed Gov is spending to much money for there not to be some sort of ulterior motive.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well I guess the markets today downfall over 200 in the minus is a clear picture that the financial still need more bailouts to survive.

The government debt ceiling will be increased and this just a taste of what is to come if the government doesn't do what the fed is telling raise the debt congress.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

No I see, I dont want to see it but how can you not... The Fed Gov is spending to much money for there not to be some sort of ulterior motive.

I agree with you 100%.

I do not want it to happen.

I do not believe they are spending our money wisely.

Yes, an ulterior motive is in the works, the question is when it will appear, and which head of the hydra will it be wearing, and what venom will it poison us with?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That is only a tiny fluctuation though.

A mere hiccup if you will.

But, even a hiccup can turn into a stomach ache, if the wrong tactic is used to scare it away.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well the jobless claims are going to hit 9.8 and that figure is not even accurate as we know that is worst in the nation.

But hey everything is peachy and the government knows best, right?

Friday’s employment report provides a key indicator of economic recovery.

Monthly job losses must continue to fall to bolster confidence and consumer spending. In August, the economy shed 216,000 jobs, and the consensus forecast is for another 170,000 jobs lost in September. If job losses exceed 200,000, prospects for strong second half GDP growth will dim significantly.

Unemployment was 9.7 percent in August, is expected to rise to 9.8 percent in September, pierce 10 percent by yearend and stay there for a long time. Factoring in workers that have left the labor force and those working part-time who would prefer full-time jobs, the real unemployment rate exceeds 17 percent.

Since December 2007, the economy lost seven million jobs, and the economy has not added a single private sector job in the last decade.

Construction and manufacturing have lost 1.5 and 2.0 million jobs, placing particularly strong pressure on wages, household income, and consumer spending. As those industries pay ordinary workers the best wages, they are ground zero in the struggle to resurrect robust growth.

Our government has forgotten that in a nation of big spenders you can not have economic growth when the people are losing jobs and losing income.

This is what you get when productivity is outsourced for consumerism.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Oh no, I do not think everything is peachy, nor do I think the Government knows best.

I was just stating that a 200 point drop really is not much.

Now, if it had been several thousand, I might have blinked.

I just keep thinking back to the $700 Billion for the "Bailout Package".

As well, them asking for another $4.7 Billion, to keep the Government running, for another month.

This is getting ridiculous if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I was not refering to your post, my friend I agree with you.

I was just adding more to what is going on, more peachy news coming tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I was not refering to your post, my friend I agree with you.

I was just adding more to what is going on, more peachy news coming tomorrow.

Oh, okay.

You know, with all that's going on, the economy failing, it was pre-planned.

I wrote a thread last year about that, under Bush, with Congress, and the collusion.

Political Collusion of a President and Congress in Collapsing America, The Fall of the New Rome

I saw where this was heading, even before I posted that thread last year.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Is only been one year and we are worst now that the day the markets almost collapse.

And even worst with the unemployment figures.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas[/I]

4 billion for one month is an enormous amont of money!!!

One Month! Quick! How many months in a year? LOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join