It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsmax columnist: Military coup "to resolve the 'Obama problem' " is not "unrealistic"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There are some interesting points of view presented here. As a citizen of the United States of America, I will support the people to say what they desire, as I believe in the Constitution, as it is the constraints that prevents Government from running amok and doing what ever. However, as an citizen of the United States of America, no matter how bad I believe the man sitting in the office of the President of the United States happens to be, and I do not always agree with the policies of the Federal Government, I would never support a military take over of the government. I do not believe in such, nor is it the correct. Dictators and Tyrants use the Military to take over governments and supress its population when they are wanting to instill fear. Though I do not believe that the US will ever have another President that is a minority again, partially from the entire problems of this adminstration, not because we do not want to have such in office, but because I am tired of being called a Racist, or told I hate a particular people, just cause I disagree with said adminstration and their policies, or question the choices, as is my RIGHT and duty as a citizen of the United States of America. And I am not the only one out there who is tired of it. No, I will watch and wait, and when the next election comes up I will vote as my conscious dictates and cast a vote for who I believe can lead this country the best and represent all of the people and not just a few, or a group.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Really? Then I can't help but wonder what I'm doing hanging around here. That 90% of ATS would toss the Constitution out the window like its worthless makes me, yes, UPSET, angry and frustrated. This is our democratically elected president. And because people DISAGREE with him, they want to force him out? I just don't get it and I will never accept it.

I completely agree with you. The amazing thing is that these people call themselves patriots and true Americans. Yet, the very thing they suggest is traitorous if acted upon. Any soldier that died protecting our freedoms over the years did so in vain if the so called patriots are willing to throw the constitution away like it was common trash.

If they don't like what is happening, they need to work within the system to get it changed. That means working to get their own politicians elected, not overthrowing the government. This is the USA, not a banana republic.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
apparently people can't wait 4 years to vote, and would prefer a military tyranny.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I do not believe in such, nor is it the correct. Dictators and Tyrants use the Military to take over governments and supress its population when they are wanting to instill fear. .

Not always true, the military just staged a democratic "peoples" coup in Honduras to remove a budding dictator and it appears to have worked quite well.

In the United States our military is made up of some of the finest , most upstanding and most capable of its citizens. Any coup by the military in this country would be done by those I have MUCH more trust in to protect our constitution than those currently in power. The corrupt DO NOT control the military, at least not most of the minds of its members thus in our case tyranny would be prevented not implemented/strengthened by a military coup.

A "coup" is probably NOT the answer YET as we still have time for the system to work out the corruption now that more people are waking up but it will still be very hard and that time is running out.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A military coup is treason, plain and simple. A military dictatorship in the US would be far, far worse than anything Bush or Obama can do.
Anyone involved, military or not, in such a plot, should be shot.
You don't stage a "coup" because you don't like the lawfully elected President, simple as that.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It almost hurts my brain.....

I read constant threads from people railing against Obama for this or that, and eventually, somewhere within their posts, they will say something about being against Obama and being For the Constitution.

Then they speak of military coups, and State succession.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'd like to ask a question to the supporters:

Would it have been a bad thing if the military staged a successfull coup against *spins the wheel*
Ronald Reagan?

Yes?
No?

If your answer is Yes:
Why would it be a bad thing to oust Reagan by force and a good thing to oust Obama?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

I don't think there is anything forbidding different states or groups of states from declaring independence and leaving,in the Constitution. I don't think succession is illegal.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

The answer is.... YES it would have been bad, period, end of story. Treason is treason. Just because I don't agree with a conservative president's agenda does not mean I wish them dead or for the government to be overthrown. That is why we have a Constitution that gives us a chance to have a peaceful revolution every four years. Don't like the person in charge? Wait two years, rally behind someone you believe in, campaign for them and then on the four year vote for them. If your guy wins, yeah! if not, then you are in the minority.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So called "patriots"! Defenders of The Constitution!
Where in The Constitution does it give the military any power whatsover, by ANY stretch of the imagination, to excercise any control over ANY of the three branches of Government?
Patriots my ***, more like traitors.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

The main issue is that it is the Obama problem.

These right wingers truely feel as though they are not part of the problem, don't they?

They are delusional, and reality is going to set in hard.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Well, first of, it would be a little awkward having to call home the military. You know, seeing as how they are out there trying to install democratic governments in a few countries which are home to some of the oldest cultures on the planet.

Imagine those headlines...

"US Military to cease efforts for democracy in Afghanistan, forces needed for military takeover of America."

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
reply to post by debunky

The answer is.... YES it would have been bad, period, end of story. Treason is treason. Just because I don't agree with a conservative president's agenda does not mean I wish them dead or for the government to be overthrown. That is why we have a Constitution that gives us a chance to have a peaceful revolution every four years. Don't like the person in charge? Wait two years, rally behind someone you believe in, campaign for them and then on the four year vote for them. If your guy wins, yeah! if not, then you are in the minority.

Its not about not "liking" the person or party in charge. It is SOOOO much different this time, what those in power now are doing is corrupt to the core AND are also attempting to "fundamentally change The United States of America" obamas words, not mine.

www.youtube.com...

To those who wanted to "believe" fundamentally changing America was a good thing, you were thinking in terms of what you thought was "good". Most would have agreed the change they were promised would have stayed within the constraints of goodness and the constitution, which is FAR AND AWAY different than the kind of "fundamental change" that obama and his cronies envision. You were played....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by observer

I think we had a misunderstanding here.
Supporter as in supporter of this particular coup d'etat fantasy. Not supporter as in Nixon supporter.

Actually a sucessfull coup isn't treason. You only get in trouble if you fail

"It's different this time" Is empty rethoric spartacus.
Hey, there were serious discussions about taking away the "football" from Richard Nixon. (he kept it, and obviously didn't use it)

The real question is: what makes you think a military regime would be better than a democracy?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by debunky]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

If anything like this ever happened, it would be after US forces had been redeployed back to CONUS due to being forced to fail its operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Especially Afghanistan due to its relationship to 9-11. Unlike the American public, the US military does not have short attention spans or short term memory problems.

I'm not advocating anything. I'm just pointing out it wouldn't happen as long as major operations under CENTCOM are going on.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
reply to post by observer

I think we had a misunderstanding here.
Supporter as in supporter of this particular coup d'etat fantasy. Not supporter as in Nixon supporter.

Actually a sucessfull coup isn't treason. You only get in trouble if you fail

"It's different this time" Is empty rethoric spartacus.
Hey, there were serious discussions about taking away the "football" from Richard Nixon. (he kept it, and obviously didn't use it)

The real question is: what makes you think a military regime would be better than a democracy?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by debunky]

Once again, another poster not reading nor comprehending an ENTIRE post. I did not call for a military regime, I called for a removal (not killing, not exile, just removal) of current "owners" of the government and temporary military control while a new congress is formed via jury pools and a new president is elected. Our military is one of the few in the world who could be trusted to relinquish the power when their job was done. Yes it is not ideal but is the criminal activity and ideological takeover that is happening any better?

For the record I also said it is not time for this scenario YET.

There is no convincing those of you who do not want to see. You will believe anything thrown in front of you as long as it fits into your, (I am going to use a favorite word on this site) PARADIGM, its ok if your "team" is doing it, "its not really fascism because my teacher said that is "right-wing", not "left wing" WHATEVER. When you don't understand history, definitions of words, etc, there is no "hope". Only those who look at things with an open mind and no preconceived notions can see the truth , and no the truth is not 1000's of FEMA concentration camps.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Yes it is not ideal but is the criminal activity and ideological takeover that is happening any better?

What you advocate is EXACTLY the above. A criminal take over of the exectutive branch by the military.
ANSWER PLEASE! WHERE in the Constitution does it give the miltary ANY authority whatsover over any of the three branches of Government? WHERE? You super "patriots" are not patriots, but simply thugs. You have no understanding or appreciation of The Constitution at all.
ANSWER PLEASE! WHO elected ANYONE in the military to any posiition to usurp our basic form of Government? Spin however you want, you advocate a military coup in the style of many totalitarian regimes, and more importantly treason.
Treason is punishable by death, all conspirators in such a plot should be tried, if found guilty, executed.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Yes it is not ideal but is the criminal activity and ideological takeover that is happening any better?

What you advocate is EXACTLY the above. A criminal take over of the exectutive branch by the military.
ANSWER PLEASE! WHERE in the Constitution does it give the miltary ANY authority whatsover over any of the three branches of Government? WHERE? You super "patriots" are not patriots, but simply thugs. You have no understanding or appreciation of The Constitution at all.
ANSWER PLEASE! WHO elected ANYONE in the military to any posiition to usurp our basic form of Government? Spin however you want, you advocate a military coup in the style of many totalitarian regimes, and more importantly treason.
Treason is punishable by death, all conspirators in such a plot should be tried, if found guilty, executed.

The game has been rigged, people have been lied to and duped. THEY have committed treason by mocking and defying the constitution already. Gerrymandering has basically guaranteed continue employment for many of these career criminals so please, lets label the real traitors as such in this nightmare.

And yes, in contradiction to what your mother taught you, very rarely, two wrongs do sometimes make a right.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The game has been rigged, people have been lied to and duped. THEY have committed treason by mocking and defying the constitution already. Gerrymandering has basically guaranteed continue employment for many of these career criminals so please, lets label the real traitors as such in this nightmare.

According to.... who? You?
Don't make me laugh. Please answer my questions.
Obama was lawfully elected. I heard the same crap when Bill Clinton was in office. Sorry chum, but your rationalization is BS, a fringe group of right wing nutcases have no right to take over ANYTHING. If they did so, they deserve execution, something I would activly work for myself.
The fact is what you endorse is completly un American and against every principle this nation was founded on, it is treason, no amount of your spin changes that. You have no respect AT ALL for The Constitution, ANSWER MY QUESTIONS! Enough BS!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join