It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsmax columnist: Military coup "to resolve the 'Obama problem' " is not "unrealistic"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

There is a remote, although gaining, possibility America's military will intervene as a last resort to resolve the "Obama problem." Don't dismiss it as unrealistic.

mediamatters.org

The original article by John L. Perry was removed from NewsMax, but you can find it here::

[edit on 1-10-2009 by suicydking]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just another example of how the GOP leaders need to start calling out the scoundrels on the right. People who publish trash like this are part of the problem that President Clinton was talking about. I believe that publishing an article like this in a time where census workers are being hung is irresponsible at best.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I hope it does happen, been saying this is the best/quickest way to go to save our country but don't stop at obama, remove ALL the current politicians and start over. Do you really want to be paying pensions and healthcare for all the criminals in power for the rest of their lives?

"The military needs to step in and remove everyone from both houses, and the presidents office. They can set up a governing body for 6 months while States Start a process of gathering state representatives from their court district jury pools. Congress will be like jury duty, but with good pay while you are there part time and your employer MUST keep your position open for you. No lifetime benefits, etc.

If we went the "jury duty" route, we would have to remove congressional ability to override Presidential Veto as we all know the warning of "the majority will vote to give themselves freebies". The elected officials already do it but are somewhat restrained by elections. You would need a restraint in place for non-elected congress

To remove special interests you institute a reward system, any representative who reports an "offer" from a special interest receives double the offer which will come from a fine of said interest/group/company.

Yeah I know it could lead to different kind of fraud but much more controllable I would think.

Of course no lobbyists allowed on government property.

For president, every four years every state governor can run for President but most likely only a small number will. You have a cascading series of debates and "contestants" can be voted off like American Idol until you are down to 5-6. They then receive say 25 million $$ from a government campaign fund and THAT IS ALL THEY ARE ALLOWED TO SPEND. This would go a long ways to restoring states rights and importance also.

We need to get the people involved again and if we have to dumb it down a little or make it "entertaining" to do so then so be it.

Just a few ideas all open to addendum. "

[edit on 1-10-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ha! Who let John Perry off his chain? It's amazing who they hire as columnist these days. Notice now Newsmax is trying to tie John Perry to the Democrats.

In a blog posting to Newsmax John Perry wrote about a coup scenario involving the U.S. military.....

Mr. Perry served as a political appointee in the Carter administration in HUD and FEMA. He has no official relationship with Newsmax other than as an unpaid blogger.

Don't blame us. He was in the Carter administration. Whatever. Just take the heat and put Mr. Perry out on the street.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

While I think the miltary should stop the maddness, they will not. Its not the American way or the Military's way. The military is subordinate to the POTUS. They diddnt step in and stop Jimmy Carter, they diddnt stop Bush or Clinton, they wont stop Obama.

You have to ask your self why would they dirty there beloved hands and soil there image to th American Public? When the CIA could just do it easier and find some Crazy Cracker to take him down?

People are saying there is going to be a Third World War. oh there will be but America Wont be involved or if we are it will be limited. Here is my prediction the powers that be wont America Crippled and estroyed so they can bring in there one world goverment right? What better way to do it in one single stroke then to have a Crazy Cracker kill Our first Black President? That will start off the race war that will cripple if not destroy America. It will diffently keep Reduce the population, destroy our infrustucture. The gaurd/reserves will not be able to contain it because they to will be involved in the fighting. Who ever is left in charge of the goverment will beg for NATO,UN,EU.RUSSIA,CHINA peacekeeping foreces to intervine and stop the killing. They will come ineffect destroying the US and leaving the EU as the new worlds only super power.

Our best bet for survial is to stop in Crazy Cracker from killing the POTUS, and just voting him out in 2012.

I know this sounds far fetched but honestly look at the country for the past 8 years and tell me if it isnt that far flung of an Idea?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I would rather see a Military dictatorship occur than have a Communist nation like the USSR occur in the USA.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

Dont wish for the US miltary to take over the goverment. While I was once a Soldier, I do not think the US military and its Laws will do anyone any good. a Commie goverment is not the answer either... We must restore our democratic ways and end 30 year senators and Life time politicians power corrupts and these cats are corrupt... We need term limits.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

This is not bad at all, the amount of govt. can be greatly reduced and would become fiscally responsible. I still do not get how spending more than you take in is a good idea(deficit spending)

[edit on 3-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
An interesting take on the article here:

maxkeiser.com...

I think the increasing number of shrill and panicked charges and wild conspiracies about an ‘illegitimate’ president and now (deleted) op-eds for coup is looking more and more like a page out of the neo-con / Military Industrial Complex handbook. It’s exactly the process they use against other third world leaders (and let’s face it, the US is now fast on the way to becoming one ). I often hear shrieks of Obama being surrounded by ‘radical leftists’ and ‘Marxists’ – the very same propaganda codewords used by the military industrial complex when paving the way for popular support in overthrowing Latin American leaders (think Aristide or Zelaya). Clearly, much of the US population is almost Manchurian in responding to such codewords.

And to the shouters in the town hall ‘radical leftist’ probably means one thing, but, in truth, Obama is surrounded by Goldman Sachs bankers. While Goldman is demonstrably for redistribution of wealth, I hardly think their kind of redistribution qualifies as ‘leftist.’ So while shouters and screechers don’t need evidence just codewords, I have to ask what are the powerful people behind the scenes really thinking? Of course, the MIC gets only about $1 trillion per year, but was always the favoured industry . . . up until Clinton paved the way for a Goldman take over. Maybe the MIC doesn’t like them getting $1.5 trillion? Who knows? But I’m sure it has a lot to do with the conversation about to take place tomorrow with Iran. A few extreme shrills want war and know that time and conversation will allow for evidence and reason to trump emotion and hysteria.

My question is - If the original author claims to have some inside info on a"coup", shouldn't the Secret Service or the FBI be paying him a visit?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus
"The military needs to step in and remove everyone from both houses, and the presidents office.

I can't believe there are actually people supporting the idea of a military coup to remove our democratically elected government.

:shk:

And yes, kosmicjack, the Secret Service should get real busy checking some of these people out. Before it's too late.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah... I wasn't exactly expecting people to come out & defend Mr. Perry's point of view. It's a little frightening.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
STOP! anyone for this is crazy! do you think that if someone got enough people form the military to over through the pres that it will be all candy and rainbows? If you believe that then your just as silly as the idea stated in the thread. the person in power wont want to give up the chair once they are there and dont think for a second that we aill still follow rules and be good citizens. Total chaos will ensue and our nation will be no more. No matter how bad it gets for you you can want a military coup, look at every one that has happened have there been any countries that prosper like us. And dont give me we dont prosper. Its your choice to do anything in the world if you choose to do nothing and not prosper than thats on you.

You all are supposed to be freed from the sheeple but your just like them, they are steered but fear you people by anger.

Here is a thought why do we have to choose what they want us to choose? how about voting for neither dem or rep next time! that will send the messege. no matter who is in the chair they still are working for us and at somepoint they will have to answer for there decisions.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. But what is the "Obama problem"? I mean hes done things I don't absolutely agree with, but nothing that would even make me even think impeachment, much less coup.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicydking
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah... I wasn't exactly expecting people to come out & defend Mr. Perry's point of view. It's a little frightening.

For the past 6 months people have on ATS have called for a revolution and saying how everyone in the government needs to go.

This guy writes how the military should do it and you get upset?

As far as I am concerened he is just echoing the sentiment of 90% of the ATS population. He just wants to use the military to do so, which is smart.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by suicydking

Our best bet for survial is to stop in Crazy Cracker from killing the POTUS, and just voting him out in 2012.

Yes an assassination by a "lone gunman" or white supremacist group is the worst thing that could happen and would derail much of what the "tea party" movement is starting to accomplish.

A military coup (outside of a full fledged armed citizen revolt) is the ONLY strong arm tactic that will work to make things better.

There is still time to fix things peacefully thru the "system" but it is going to be VERY hard to do. The corruption and control is beyond most peoples comprehension even though much is out in plain sight for all to see (obamas Olympic trip is the most recent blatant example of the corruption)

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is the magazine that offered a free clock, then cd player with a clock and now, hand crank radio if you subscribe. If their specific brand of journalism was worth a damn in the first place, they wouldn't need to offer "gifts" with your paid subscription.

Listen, it's a hack rag, no better than False-news as far as getting any REAL facts are concerned. All the spin, all the time.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. But what is the "Obama problem"?

Great question!

As far as I am concerened he is just echoing the sentiment of 90% of the ATS population.

Really? Then I can't help but wonder what I'm doing hanging around here. That 90% of ATS would toss the Constitution out the window like its worthless makes me, yes, UPSET, angry and frustrated. This is our democratically elected president. And because people DISAGREE with him, they want to force him out? I just don't get it and I will never accept it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This country, or more properly put, some of the people in this country are truly beginning to frighten me. Some sort of insanity has set in, and I don't understand it. Why are some people who ignored worse problems under the Bush administration now flipping out and some people who saw problems with the Bush administration now silent about virtually and basically the same things? How do they so conveniently forget a mere year ago they argued the opposite point?

Is this change, this turnabout simply because there is now a man and a party in control that they "hate" now or hated then. The people who see the reality aren't swayed by any of this. Never have been and never will be. But I have to say it's been shocking to watch. And again, I truly believe this is some sort of insanity...and it frightens me...as does the "news" and media coverage of this.

And what probably frightens me more is how the rest of the logical, reasonable majority stay silent for the most part. Wow. This article just blew me away, but some of the comments in this topic blew me away more.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

The people who see the reality aren't swayed by any of this. Never have been and never will be. But I have to say it's been shocking to watch. And again, I truly believe this is some sort of insanity...and it frightens me...as does the "news" and media coverage of this.

And what probably frightens me more is how the rest of the logical, reasonable majority stay silent for the most part. Wow. This article just blew me away, but some of the comments in this topic blew me away more.

Its people like you who obviously DON'T see the reality of what is REALLY happening yet think they do that frightens me.

People like you are how/why every tyrant/dictator and their inhumane regimes have been perpetrated on societies throughout history.

And yes bush set in place policies to help widen the path we are going down but now its all being accelerated, that is why so many people are now concerned. You can stop with "you let bush do it" , as most now realize he did not help the situation.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How long until a more mainstream source for this absurd meme pops up? On Fox News or something.

It seems crazy is the new normal. This is what happens when we don't demand civility and reason from our elected officials or call out lies publicly. Instead, we couch our rebuttals in more PC terms. We make room in our national debate for insanity.

In my family we don't let the crazies ruin Thanksgiving - we put them at their own special little table and keep them out of adult conversations.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join