It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican establishment "peeing themselves" over Rand Paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A fairly ranked Kentucky politics blog has suggested Rand Paul's run for the US senate in Kentucky may be giving the Republican establishment a pause after his fundraising topped the $1 million mark, saying:

Rand Paul raised a million bucks this fundraising quarter. Call me crazy, but I think that’s set the Republican establishment on fire. Or at least causing a lot of people to pee on themselves a little. [Just an Observation]"

pageonekentucky.com...

For those who are not aware, Rand Paul is Ron Paul's son. I think its great to see this shake-up of the establishment again... I really thought that after 2008 it may be over. But clearly it may have only gotten started. I think its fantastic that Paul has got so much attention in the media. Unlike Ron Paul, Rand Paul is considered a formidable contender in the race.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

4 flags and 2 stars and NO POSTS????? OK, I'll post.

I hope that by "peeing on themselves" that's a good thing as in, " Go Rand!", but I doubt it. Daddy Ron is the proverbial fly in the Republican ointment and I think "they" wish he would just go away. Personally, I wish there were more, many more, just like him. Here's hoping Rand is a chip off the old block.

S&F because I like Ron.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What are Rands policies? Are they similar to Ron's or is he a bit more liberal?

100% capitalism, small government, no additives?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Rand Paul has quite a fairly extensive position on a number of issues you can see at www.randpaul2010.com...

It looks to me like pretty much the same thing like his dad would say on all of them. Like father, like son I guess!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Although I don't know much about Rand Paul....much more about his father....he's not RON PAUL.

He does not believe in the same things Ron Paul does.

Rand Paul does not believe in prosectution of former administrations as his father does. Anyone for the Constitution and integrity of political office in this country would support this...he does not. He believes n damages the country.

Damage? Possibly....will we be better for it??? ABSOLUTELY. Holding political office does not make you exempt of the LAW that we all live under.

It's unfortunate that BOTH Liberals and Conservatives...on this site as well...are willing to look past and flat out ignore the faults of their own party they support.....and who knows why...maybe it's for the argument ITSELF.....

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't live in Kentucky, but I support Rand Paul. I would like it better if he would say something against the WAR. We all want our country back. I think the first step is in ending the "endless" war. Medina got dismissed because she admitted to having doubts about 911. There are too many sleeping people in this country that are conditioned to react negatively at anything against their precious WAR or 911.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

I remember hearing similar sentiments during the run up to the 2008 Presidential elections concerning Rand's dad Ron, but look how that turned out. As I've seen over the past couple years a lot of the supposed observations concerning public reactions to the successes of the Paul family are extremely inflated.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

they also disagree on the war. Ron wants to leave now, Rand thinks that would be a disaster and we should stick it out. Those are 2 pretty significant opposing views.

new topics

top topics

join