It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep dreaming that I'm blind and it's freaking me out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is becoming scary for me. Over the years, I have had dreams that feel like my eyes are 'glued' closed and I'm trying to open them. While straining to open my eyes I can only see a little bit, but it's all blury. I don't know how to explain it...it's like some force of intense gravity is keeping my eyes shut while I try to open them. (Put your fingers on your eyes and try to open them, thats what it feels like but worse) What ever I manage to see when my eyes are slightly open is too blury to make out.

Can anyone tell me what this means, or have any of you had similar dreams?

I will give you a shortish vertion of my dream so you can better understand.

We drive to this place for a weekend. We get out of the car and put our bags in this 'bungelo' or small house. I say I'm going outside to explore and I'll be back in a minute. As I step outside, everything is different. There was a huge hole in the ground where there wasn't one before... So, I had to walk around it. All of a sudden, people had stalls like at a trance party, they were buisy setting up.

A man at a stall (quite tall with grey hair and dressed in rags) gave me carrot. As I took a bite, My vision went blurry and I was struggeling to open my eyes and see where I was going. It was a strange place and I was lost. I wandered around knocking into things and sometimes even crawling on the ground. Eventually, I arrived at some huge lake with two security people guarding it. I asked them how I ould get back to the bungelo, and they told me it was accross this lake. The water was black, and I feared I would drown. But as I put my feet in the water I realised there was a cement walkway through it, but underneath the surface. Which made it only about 15cm deep on the walkway, almost like an underwater bridge.

I made my way back still struggeling to see. When I got back inside, this blonde chick was sitting on top of my boyfriend and wearing his t-shirt. Now my vision was fine, and I satarted crying while they laughed at me.
The end.

I have had many more dreams of a similar nature, most excluding the boyfriend senario, mainly me trying to get around while half blind and feeling verry scared and annoyed.

If anyone can help, or bring some clarity, it would be great. Also, if any of you have had similar experiences, please feel free to post it here.

Love
J

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi, J.

You might want to check out dream incorporation, which is a searchable term. It means that features of your actual physical situation while dreaming becomes an element of your dream.

When you are dreaming in Rapid Eye Movement sleep, you are and ought to be more-or-less paralyzed. So, as a matter of fact, you probably cannot open your eyes. It is possible that you become aware of this, and work it into your dream plot.

This awareness of paralysis could easily account accounts for the popularity of the dream motif "I try to run but my legs only move slowly, as if I am in molasses" or "I try to punch somebody, but there is no force to my arm movement," and similar failures or impairments of voluntary muscular activities. So, your walking through water may also be dream incorporation of the paralysis as it affects your legs.

Check it out, and see if it works for you as an explanation. Good luck with it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i have had dreams similar to feeling blind.
I feel like my eyes are rolling in the back of my head and all I see is white light and blurred vision.
It's like I am on the outside of my body telling me to wake up and stop rolling my eyes near the end of the dream.
No matter how hard I try in my dreams I can't open my eyes. They are kinda glued shut as if someone were holding them down.

Now most of these types of dreams have stopped but if i have a nap in the afternoon i almost always get that sense in my dream.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

This phenomenon is a recurring theme in my dreams since I was a child. It started simply with dreams of my riding my bike around the block where I grew up as I did in real life. After awhile my eyes stop working and vision begins to fade as I struggle to see. Now a days this happens quite often in my dreams but in all sorts of circumstances, normally when I am driving or doing some task that invovles movement.

I read some thing once in a Castaneda book that this is related to dreaming energy fading. I'm not sure about that but it seems like one explanation. I've always wondered if I was the only one who had this blindness feeling in dreams. Glad to know its not just me.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
From Dream Moods website

To dream that you are blind, represents your refusal to see the truth or your lack of awareness to a problem. Perhaps you are rejecting something about yourself or your situation. Are you refusing to see any other point of view except your own? Consider the pun, "turning a blind eye".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Its happening to me too,i dream im blind or i can see trough only the eyes blind spots and as i try to walk or only turn my head i cant see sh##,But what also happens is that as i start to walk i cant i drop on the ground and start from the point i tried to make a step forward,this really freaks me out too,I do take medication to help me sleep a pill before going to sleep but even when without it I dream the same sh##,Man it help a little knowing that Im not the only< one,what is interesting that it is always like i can see only through eyes blind spots and sometimes that i can see or to be more precise NOT SEE on only one eye and the other is shut.
to continue..........
I think and have read somewhere that it is the state of concuiense that u dream in light state of mind and not in deep sleep so u know your eyes are closed and u dream u r blind I think that this is true because sometimes when i dream of beeing blind I can see something like I can see but only in the position in which Im sleeping so its horizontal,

edit on 31-5-2011 by thedjhiv because: To continue the story

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I know this experience well - I don't think it's anything symbolic as such, don't bother with the dream-meanings books on this one. I don't have time to post properly now - I need to get to bed as I have to get up for work in a few hours. I just wanted to ask one question first and I'll come back and post more tomorrow night when I have time. Question is - when you get these dreams, are you sleeping with a light on or is there daylight coming into the room?

I'll be back later tomorrow with more on this.

peace

J

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

The last time and a couple of times before i remember it was with daylight coming in,hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thanks for answering my question

Reason I asked it is, I reckon that there are probably various things that cause this 'dream-blindness', or what is sometimes more like it's just really really hard to open your eyes in the dream, but one thing that I am pretty much certain causes it, or makes it worse, is if there is light in the room.

Sometimes I have to sleep during the daytime, and I don't like being all shut in with all the curtains closed and I'd much rather put up with some light in the room, and it's then that I get this 'dream-blindness', and the more light the worse it is. I've been trying to figure out exactly what the mechanism is by which it operates, like, how does it work exactly, why does it happen. When it happens, as much as I've been able depending on my level of awareness within a dream, I've tried to observe the phenomenon and it's like there is a more subtle form of sight that we use to see within dreams that is just very sensitive to 'physical' light, at least in some people.

I haven't figured it all out yet but I feel I can say with some confidence that it isn't some kind of symbol or warning or anything related to the dream itself. It seems to be some kind of - effect of certain conditions occurring within the environment of the dreamer. A bit of experimentation with the environment you're sleeping in may throw up a few clues as to other things that cause it. The dream you remember when you wake up is usually the last one you dreamt before you woke, and if there is morning daylight coming when you wake up then that may be one of the things that is causing this.

Hope that helps throw a little light on this (no pun intended)

peace

J

top topics

join