It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email to Every Woman on ATS: Through a Rapists Eyes - BEWARE - *The Crying Baby*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
S&F!
Things are not getting any better.

Year Murder Rape Robbery assault
1960 9,110 17,190 107,840 154,320
2008 16,272 89,000 441,855 834,885

www.disastercenter.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Great post S&F. Great tips and ideas. The only caveat is tip#11 specifically about using pepper spray without warning. In the right or maybe I should say wrong situation. You could find yourself facing an assault, and battery charge for hosing someone with pepper spray without warning. It is not considered a lethal weapon, but it is still considered a weapon in most states. Common sense should always be your first, and best defense. It goes back to paying attention. If you are alert, and aware you will be more likely to discern someone's intentions from body languege etc.. more rapidly. Firing off your pepper spray indiscriminately because someone spooked you can get you in trouble.
It has happened before where I work. A poor janitor nearly lost vision in an eye due to scar formation from a direct blast in the eye from a nervous Nelly. She didn't get charges filed against her because the janitor was a nice guy, but she did have to pay big bucks to his opthalmologist, and now people have to leave their pepper spray in their cars, and not bring it in to work. Which I think is a bad idea just because of a knee jerk reaction to an isolated incident. Anyway bottom line is: think first. I wouldn't "shoot from the hip" without warning unless I was 99% sure I was meant harm. I would treat pepper spray use almost as catiously as a firearm. Its use is devastating to the recipient, and shouldn't be treated lightly. In rare cases pepper spray can kill by anaphylaxis, and the victim suffocates due to constricted airway. Plus you would feel terrible for causing someone extreme pain if they meant you no harm. If they do mean you harm however, hose away!
Stay alert at all times to know the difference.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I have been reading this thread and most of the post on here are a sure way to getting raped sad to say.

NO THEY ARE NOT!

And not YOU or not ANYONE ELSE is going to tell the people reading this thread they are VICTIMS!

I see you’re offering up suggestions.

So why not edit your post and take out the negativity! It is NOT wanted here!

YOU don't KNOW what is right for a rape scenario.

NO ONE DOES!

But what WE DO KNOW is NO ONE WILL CALL US VICTIMS!

NOT NOW, NOT EVER!

Get that through your head.

Those of us who are learning, who are prepared, who are secure in the knowledge that we can protect ourselves and keep ourselves from harm?

We know this!

And God forbid if the unthinkable does happen, we are prepared!

peace

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

If they do mean you harm however, hose away! Stay alert at all times to know the difference.

Yes, I understand your point.

It's such a conundrum though.

So many rapes occur from people the victims know.

People in their families, who they work with, friends, acquaintances, etc.

So it's a tough one, really a tough one.

All we can hope is we all listen to our gut instinct and when it tells us to SPRAY we SPRAY AND RUN!

Thanks for your opinion, it's noted and appreciated.

peace

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hi great thread! I remember actually getting an email like this sent to me from one of my friends. Since I'm always suspicious of these kinds of emails though, I used Google to check whether it was a hoax or not, and sure enough it was. So I didn't bother forwarding to anyone else because it would've be pointless. If only emails like those had real information and tactics in them like this thread has, it would be worth forwarding!

---

Just wondering, has anyone heard of some guy called Captain Chris? He's a guy who teaches self-defense and stuff, apparently the world leader in self-defense according to his website. I've been to his website before and it seems interesting, though I don't know how effective his techniques would be. The site seems to have changed though, from the last time I visited it, because I'm pretty sure there were more instructional videos on there and less advertising...

But anyway... this is from the site about a quarter of the way down:

www.closecombattraining.com

Core Fighting Truth #1:
In a REAL fight... when your adrenaline and emotions rage out of control... it's impossible to perform the complicated kicks, strikes and throws taught in 99% of martial arts. In fact...
The More Self Defense "Moves" You Know... The More Paralyzed You'll Be!
Which meant all the fancy jumping, kicking and punching the Far East "gurus" were teaching was, frankly, bull* when it came to surviving violent altercations.

Reason why is because they depend on knowing dozens - even hundreds - of "complex motor" movements... instead of just a small handful of easy-to-learn (and
master) "gross" motor movements.

Just to be clear....

"Complex" motor movements are multi-muscle movements such as putting a key in your car door, pointing and shooting a gun, and just about every martial art move taught in today's dojos—like reverse punches, front kicks, wrist locks, arm bars, hip throws, etc.

"Gross" motor movements, on the other hand, are movements you can do without even thinking—like running, charging, raising your arm above your head or lifting your heels off the ground.

Does anyone have experience with this and know if it's true? Or is it just talk to get people to buy the product???

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

you took the words rite out of my mouth when you said "use your elbows to attack with", they can do serious damage with little effort! learn the technique.

always be aware of your surroundings the little things around you like a parked car you can just run round with would be attacker never getting to you as you run in circles watching his movements whilst screaming to get attention.

i know it sounds hard but TRY to stay calm and focused, if it comes to conflict adrenalin is your fight or flight super power and will kick in when needed automatically.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What if the rapist is female?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

The psychology is the same, and most, if not all, of the techniques work in the same way, no problems there.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I want to thank you for putting this information out there. I read it once, and I will go back and re-read it several times to help me remember. I want this stuff to stay in my long term memory so it'll come back in case I'm ever in a potential threatening situation.

One thing I would like to add that I think is important is if you can, keep your body strong and fit so you can out-run an attacker or would-be attacker. Lift weights to give you strength and endurance.

I was imprisoned and raped, and I finally escaped on my third try. I was able to out-run him because I was doing fast-walking every day and jogging a few times a week. He was running after me, and I don't know what would have happened if he had caught up with me.

Thank you again for posting this important information.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

First of all if a guy is willing to rape a girl you can bet he is willing to knock the girl out if she makes a peep. It is very, very important to not let the rapist get a hold of you.

Rememer-if you can run, run away if you can. Distract someone and then run.

While I am physically fit and I also know self defense, I'm not very big, so I would have a really hard time overpowering anyone.

But I can run fast, and I bet they will not be able to catch me. Or at least I hope not.

Edited to add text

[edit on 2-10-2009 by amaranth]

Added closing quote tag

[edit on 2-10-2009 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The above post is misquoted-so sorry-I can not figure out how to fix it and I have to leave for work now.

My apoligies to the person I quoted-that is not your quote-my info looks like it is part of yours-will fix later.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
*Great advice,I hope what you wrote prevents an intended despicable act.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

It is not a feminist hatred its the reality women have faced in every nation, every culture, every race, every religion on earth. We have been used, abused, raped, oppressed, enslaved, for centuries.

After I woke up after dying, and had to relearn everything, it was the one thing I could not comprehend, why do the mass majority of men on earth hate women?

I don't hate even after what happen to me. But 90% of crime is committed by men and well over half is committed against women. We are not made to fear by the media, but by the majority of men.

Rape is not a sexual act it is a crime of control and power. What does the male race fear about women that they treat us it such ways?

Without women there are no children, without children there is no civilization.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritwomyn
reply to post by ROBL240

Without women there are no children, without children there is no civilization.

I didn't know women could get pregnant without men.It sounds like you're making all males are bad.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by greydaze]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Was with the post right up to the crying baby bit that is as much a piece of fiction as the new dan brown book. I am all for spreading awareness but I hate that urban legends are used to dilute a valid point

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I was saved by a stranger. I was 19 at the time and was walking back to my apartment from Five Points in Jacksonville, Florida with my 3 mo. old baby daughter in my arms. I had done this several times and was fine.
A car pulled up to the curb and I did not think anything about it. The street had many cars that belonged to the people in the houses.
Two young men got out of the car and surrounded me. One was pushing me toward the car and the other one was pulling me by my hair!! I was holding my baby tight to keep from dropping her. I screamed at them to not hurt my baby! I was terrified and still screaming. the one in front pushing me slapped me pretty hard, I was so afraid for my baby!
All of a sudden a big woman came out from behind the shrubs and whacked one of them across the face with an umbrella handle! He fell back on the car with his face bleeding badly! The other one looked stunned by this aggressive woman who was coming after him too! He backed away and got in the car, the other one, holding his face, got in the car too.
This lady was a man!! I am forever thankful for this person who saved me and my baby daughter and walked us safely home that day. An Angel to me, if it wasn't for him, I don't think we would be here today.
A much needed thread! A star and flag.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Grab the man's balls and pull straight down!!! This will cause massive blood loss. If the man dies, you did this in self defense and was in fear of being killed by this person, since they were trying to rape you!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Was with the post right up to the crying baby bit that is as much a piece of fiction as the new dan brown book. I am all for spreading awareness but I hate that urban legends are used to dilute a valid point

This point has been made repeatedly, but who could blame you for not taking the time to read through the whole thread.

So, since you went to the trouble of posting, I’ll go to the trouble to repeat myself, yet again.

Now that the *Crying Baby* email has gone viral through emails, the internet, even the nightly news and a very prominent television series, I‘ve NO doubt whatsoever intended rapists will, in fact, use this ruse to lure women.

So, Forewarned is Forearmed.

Urban legend today, horrific true to life headlines tomorrow.

I’m wondering if you make it a practice to throw out the baby with the bathwater?

thanks for your post
peace

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

I was saved by a stranger.

Incredible incredible story! With a wonderful ending!
I'm SO glad your baby, and you, are ok.

Angels do walk among us, yes!

What would you suggest, from your first hand experience, women do, or do not do, to avoid such situations?

peace

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

I don't hate even after what happen to me.

Then you will never be a victim.

I do not downplay the horrifics you endured.

I applaud you for not succumbing to them in your spirit.

Peace to you...You are a light for others to be guided by...

my kindest regards and greatest thanks
gracie

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join