It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email to Every Woman on ATS: Through a Rapists Eyes - BEWARE - *The Crying Baby*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If attacked, do not under any circumstance relent to the person. Bite, claw, kick, punch, key. Do anything you possibly can to inflict as much damage to the attacker as possible.

I was a self defense intructor, part time. Please understand that relenting, as a strategy is a very good idea. You make yourself seem scared, act like you're weak and terrified, drop to your knees and then when they attempt some sexual action you rip them apart. It is a tactic that does work, has worked and is worth a try if they have a weapon.

It is especially effective if they have a weapon.

As for your other advice, i have already covered it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Thanks for the invite - I'd of taken you up on it directly!

(I Miss playing tennis too)!

I'll try it here, just to see - why not - wouldn't take much! (I'll also check out mythbusters).

In the mean time thank you again for contributing to the thread.

It's a wonderful thing when people ban together to help each other out - it really does good the whole world around, of that I'm convinced.

In the mean time if you hear of any good defense tactic to use - ones particular to California, please let us know!

peace
gracie

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As far as the Grandmother's advice, I'm a guy, but I know lots of women who have used it and it really works. My wife has used it. In a subway car alone late at night, pick your nose, swear at yourself. Talk to yourself like you're the craziest SOB on the planet and you're likely to go off on that person who's looking at you. Also, try and look dirty, like maybe you're sick somehow. Cough, act like you're going to puke.

We were walking down Westside Drive on the Upper West Side in the 80's once when a gang of about 5 teenagers started following us. It was late and we'd been scrounging for stuff. I'd found a toaster and was carrying it. They kept getting closer and closer and we could see them plotting. I started yelling at my wife. You *** *** what the... and then I started waving the toaster around like I was going to go off. Then I just started yelling like I was a crazy person and I might just go off on anybody that even came near me.

The gang just ran... they were out of there! Smarts can really protect you. And acting like a crazy person is a great strategy under certain circumstances.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

But, being blinded for a sec by the hair you had no way of knowning what was coming or where it was coming from.

Your comment about using anything at hand as a weapon really stuck a cord too.

When I was little I saw my brother in a fight with his best friend.
Of course I didn't realize it was all part of male bonding - all I could think of was protecting my brother.

Lesson learned?

A fist full of dirt in an attackers eyes can do WONDERS!

Something else...

I always wondered what would happen if you screamed you had AIDS?

Thanks for your post...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have studied improvised weapons. It actually makes me laugh about banning knives on planes because it is easy enough to kil someone with a pen. Think about a pen, it is an object designed for thrusting attacks! A magazine rolled up can be used to jab someone and cause them harm. We are however getting into improvised objects that require training to use well.

I often advised the ladies in my classes to stick to obvious items. Keys, pens, handbags, hairspray, breath freshener etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Go to the link.

All the points in the email are debunked.

Sorry.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Once when my husband and I were walking in a park, a group of young fellows on bicycles approached, and something about them gave us both the creeps. Later that evening we saw on the news where some folks in that park had been mugged by a group of teen-aged boys on bicycles. He told me that if they had threatened us, he would have grabbed one of their bicycles and used it as a shield and/or weapon. I would have never thought of that. I think the reason they didn't try anything with us was because my husband gave them a look which said 'Back off!'

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Excellent thread... except...

The bit about handguns.

Handguns (this goes for men as well) offer a shield of protection and a sense of immunity.. the result is while you carry you let your guard down, become less aware.. meaning a woman could get caught off guard (in which a gun is far, far less useful) or you become over paranoid and pull the gun on the first creepy guy you see...

And you cannot pull a gun on a guy because he MIGHT rape you! You cannot prove intent in a court! .. even if you just pull it out, you face felony charges..

Imo, and this is what I have my g/f do

Carry a KNIFE AND PEPPER SPRAY... its not illegal to pull a knife and carry it by your side, if an attacker moves in your far better situates to slash out.. you feel much less secure than a gun because a gun carries the notion of distance, knives do not. Of course, if I ever check to make sure she still has both of those items it takes me 5 mins digging in her purse to find them ... women...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by c3hamby

If you'd have said that the first time I'd of gone to check it out.
Now I am and I will be editing the original post.
Thank you.
gracie

ADDED NOTE:

Done. Original post edited - and even better.

Thank you c3hamby

peace

[edit on 1-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a note on ball kicking, the first sensation a man feels in numbness, for 1-3 seconds, enough time for him to retaliate. it should not be a first attack, as the female will kick him in the balls and then do nothing, thinking she has won. but then he will strick back, and strike back hard. nothing pisses a man off more, than being kicked in the balls. i say, go for the eyes. poking a mans eye, if you really get that finger in there and tickle his brain, may put him in shock from a.) the pain b.) the realazation he is blind in one eye now.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am disabled and use a mobility scooter. I dress modestly and at times find myself vulnerable, as just a disabled person. However, if my husband is unable to come with me into the city. I keep to well populated areas and ring and text where there are plenty of people about on the high street.

I always try to go with somebody I know into the city, but when alone, am very careful not to be seen as being vulnerable. I am under five feet tall and on my scooter; I must be about a foot shorter. One thing I find is that predatory males will choose those of us; who act vulnerable.

Learn self-defence measures. Being in my scooter, I am a actually at an advantage. Having learned self-defense techniques both as able-bodied and disabled-I am not easy prey. Also, never take short-cuts where there are hardly any people. If you feel you are being followed-try and find a crowd to get mixed up in. Rapists don't like witnesses to their vile acts and the other thing is if you can get into a shop, or shopping centre stay there until you feel that you are no longer being followed. Only a couple of suggestions. I keep to my main roots, which are very public when I am on my own.

There are many precautions you can take; but the important rule is to make sure that you are not alone.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by manmaidslave

I disagree. If you get hit on the family jewels the pain is instant and really really bad

[edit on 1/10/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
If the rapists have a "manual" then I, for one, am glad to have access to their bag of tricks rather than be caught off guard.

The point is that they do now. Changes are that those who would do such a thing aren't that smart, at least not emotionally intelligent. They might be devious and plan but I doubt they would do a very good job at it.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
To be completely honest I could never understand how a women could let a man rape them! I partly blame it on how or society or media rather, downplays a womens strength compared to a man. Even if they are stronger most men can't take a hit in the groin or throat very well, what you need to do in a situation like this is fight with the intent to kill or incapacitate. Or carry a weapon, if i was a women about to be raped I would have no second thoughts on stabbing him, punching his throat or groin as hard as I can or even gouging his eyes right out of their socket. It may sound wrong or gruesome, but if you don't do this or atleast run away you will be the victim not him. You would be very surprised how strong you can be with all that adrenaline rushing through your body, trust me.

As above posts have said with good points, utilize anything that can be a weapon, a pen for example. Also I would have to say that not everytime you hit a man in the groin will they be fortunate to have that 1-3 sec numbness. But if so just go for the eyes or thoat. Or you could do something that would completely throw them off, give them the impression you want to be raped and are willing so they throw their guard way off giving you the best oppurtunity to get them good or run away.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If I heard someone yelling "FIRE!" in the distance, I would assume there was actually a fire and call the fire department as I casually continue on my way...

If I heard a woman yelling "HELP!" I would drop what I was doing to investigate, so I don't understand the whole fire thing. If someones hurt or being attacked, I can assist with that, but I have no means to fight a fire so I'm not going to try beyond calling someone who can.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

To be completely honest I could never understand how a women could let a man rape them!

I am utterly at a loss for words...

I'm completely dumb-struck...

And the fact someone gave you a star makes me sick...

peace

[edit on 1-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you so much for this thread. With my sister's permission, I'm going to tell her story here in hopes it will help another woman.

My sister was 17 years old, working at Burger King that summer she was abducted at knife point while walking to her car around 11 pm after she got off of work.

She always walked to her car at night alone, even though she was afraid because she was too embarassed to ask for someone to go with her. She didn't want people to think she was afraid of the dark.

The light over the employee parking lot in the back had been busted out for sometime. It was edging near the entrance of a wooded area. When my sister tried to park her car closer to the light in customer parking, her supervisor told her to move it. My mom gave her a little can of pepper spray to carry but the night she was abducted, it didn't do any good.

The night she was abducted, she had worked a double shift, filling in for someone who had called in. As she headed to her car she was exausted. She said she had the can of pepper spray in her hand with her keys, but the man grabbed her from behind and held a knife to her. He told her he wasn't going to hurt her, and needed a ride to the next city. She started to scream and tried to fight back, but he cut her and warned her if she continued he would kill her right there.

She drove the man over to the next city. Once they got there, he told her to pull into a truck stop. He said he wanted her to undress. She started crying hysterically. Luckily, a gentleman passing by looked at her and noticed something wasn't right. He came over and knocked on the window and once he did, the man jumped out of the car and ran. When they finally caught him, he admitted to police that he had been watching my sister for a couple of days before he attacked her.

Women either protect yourselves and carry, or, don't be ashamed to ask for someone to walk you to your car.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
Christ almighty...

I wonder how many women I have scared just by "being a man"

How many times have I freaked a girl out by walking behind her at night, or by just sitting in my car minding my own business...?!

It's a sad world we live in.

It is. But it's not just men, it's women too. Look at the recent case of the woman who was stabbed by another woman so she could take her baby, right out of her house! And this is not the first time a woman has targeted another woman.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The OP is full of it and spreading fear, not advice.

The crying baby thing is a lie, I mean, who would do that and risk waking up half a street? or the womans other half. And if the attacker knows she lives alone, because he has been stalking her, then just nab her some night ffs.

BEWARE! Crying baby! won't something think about the crying babies!

OP, you're post is full of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I understand that rape is a horrific ordeal for any woman to even contemplate, but this thread stinks of your typical "ALL men are EVIL" propoganda that is thrust in our faces 24/7. Did the OP feel the need to victimise men in this way or was it just a typical "I say what I read" response.

FACT: men get raped aswell.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join