It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose One.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Choose one: Tax the poor more, tax the middle class more, tax the rich more, tax them all more, become an anarchy. Because ALL GOVERNMENTS NEED MONEY, and that money has to come from US.

Which do you choose?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Anarchy

But if I had to chose one, I'd say tax everyone (except myself) more.

Rich people deserve to be taxed more. Not because they're successful, but because they can get by just fine with 100s of millions, rather than billions.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Discordian Queen

NONE OF THE ABOVE...

no one needs money...

money just keeps them in power, and us struggling. we can barter goods if we need to, but people have been brainwashed into thinking the worthless paper money is worth dying for, when really it's only holding us back as a race.

oh, and anarchy won't work - you should watch this short video on government types:

[edit on 1-10-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Explain to me how a government like ours can run on bartering, please.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
How about SPEND LESS?

I know it's some radical thinking going on here, but hear me out.

Courts, law enforcement, and military are all we really need from the govt. That and about 1/50th of the current laws on the books.

Anything else can be handled by private sector. If people don't like the current options, they can barter for services. Nothing to barter? Get off your butt and learn a useful skill that doesn't involve celebrity blogging and eating Doritos.

Don't spend what isn't in the bank! It's a simple principle practiced by millions worldwide. We balance our checkbooks, why can't the government?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

We'd still need our taxes to be about the same to even out the governments current debt. And even after dwindling spending down as low as possible, people will STILL debate about who should and should not be taxed more/less/at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
first off major reduction in govt. spending. No more good ole' butt buddy contractors

Fair open to the public contracts for all govt. jobs; which means no sealed bids, or "no bid" contracts awarded.

Next, I would reallocate mucho dinero into "shovel ready" jobs to rebuild the failing infrastructure of the country. As the loony laid out in his most recent thread; the PTB, or corporate America spent time, and money to dismantle, and make us dependent upon vehicles.

As far as taxation. It would be fair. To start off with being realistic for a smooth change over there are a few possibilities, and nothing written in stone..............So no
me.

No matter what the taxation wouldn't be as it is now; which is purposely complicated in order to distract, and confuse.

I would make a flat sales tax across the board of say 10%. From there it would go back to the way it was with an import export tax, but that would be moderated based off the country goods are being traded with.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Money is nothing more than a promise to pay the bearer on demand.

Thats the illusion because people believe in a promise that ends up getting them in debt.

How can another person be in debt to another persons promise? ie taxes?

Your paying the government their own promises back.

Thats the catch and its people that believe it not the government.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
How about just the option to opt out of choosing anything and be free.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

it's VERY complex to explain, and i'm incredibly tired at the moment, but the only way to abolish economy is for people to rid themselves of their material beliefs, and to have the desire to help one another in everything they do...

Service-To-Others, not Service-To-Self, is what will truly advance us together in harmony. instead of buying a house, neighbors help you build one, and you help others do the same. instead of going to a dead-end job to make money, you work in the fields, or get back to the tribal/pioneer lifestyle that we had not 150 years ago.

there are ways to do this, but people don't want to worry about others - they only want to worry about themselves... after all, that's what mainstream society tells us to do, so i'm not surprised one bit. it's all about the gradual transition from materialism to spiritualism - knowing that life is more than just this material world, and realizing that there's so much more than this world that we can't see; a whole other plane of existence is out there, and more and more people are beginning to realize that it's very real. i hate to sound like some "new age" advocate, but, like i said, it's all very complex, and one day you'll see that this material world is just the tip of the iceberg.

there's so much to learn, and i learn something new every single day, and it's fascinating! follow your conscience/soul, and you'll unlock all the answers within - good luck on your journey!

EDIT:
did you get a chance to watch that video i posted?

reply to post by Retikx

i agree entirely!!!

[edit on 1-10-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You don't have to choose any of the choices given because only a slave chooses options that are presented to him.

All of those choices have "limits". In order to expand humanities entire consciousness, we can't think with limits.

new topics

top topics

join