It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Government SHUT DOWN!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Michigan is back in business. Everybody back to work.

www.wlns.com...

UPDATED 1:46am The government shutdown is effectively over. The Michigan House and Senate have passed continuation budgets - literally buying time while they sort things out. The governor's office says the governor will sign those bills and that state employees are to report to work later this morning. There's still a lot of work to do - the budget crisis continues. And lawmakers still have to work out how much - or how little money schools will get. But the big news is that after an hour and a half - Michigan's government shutdown of 2009 is over and state employees should report to work.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks for the prompt reply . As a Kiwi I can only wish Michigan a quicker then expected economic recovery . To my mind the best thing that could happen is that the hybrid cars that the US auto sector is tied to making via the bailouts prove to be very commercial successful .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

That's good news (if even only temporary)

I wonder what the end result is going to be? It's obvious that Michigan can't sustain it's current budget levels. I wonder what services will receive more cuts and thereby putting more people on the unemployment line?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
wow its down - then it up well I just wasted a few minutes of my time
writing to the media in Michigan

Stating that since the gov was down I proclaimed myself as emperor of Michigan.

My first rule was going to be the gov house was to be used as a homeless shelter as all the other state run buildings in the state.
State land was to be divided up among the people ( in time when worked out )

I would rule buy land not buy see since I'm in the same country but not same area.

But since its over I guess so is the rest of my empire I was trying to build.

ed: took word out

[edit on 10/1/2009 by EvilBat]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Don't worry your empire might get it's chance, the state budget is only temporary and its just a stop gap measure to keep the state running.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I would have to say in my opinion that Your analysis is spot on
I have no doubt the DUMBs are to leave us...We The People out in the fire, and brimstone as mucho prophecies do whisper about such things.
S&F OP

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, I have been following this very closely being a resident of Michigan and concerned for my state and so many having lost their jobs, very bleak at this time, but am keeping the faith as we have been here before and always come through.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm from Michigan.

They extended it another 30 days.

But are we better off? The state is beyond broke...our roads are terrible and the education system here SUCKS....not to mention the unemployment rate here is the highest in the country!

Don't move here. Go somewhere where you have a fighting chance.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The sad truth is this.

Due to the current state of the economy in Michigan. The government of Michigan will have to be downsized considerably in order to fall within a sustainable and economically feasible frame.

Large cities will have to shrink to only have services that encompass a smaller area.

All state employees will have to take a pay cut.

It doesn't make sense to raise taxes at this point. Not enough people are still working to make a tax hike feasible. Shrinking the size of the state government is however feasible.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It doesn't make sense to raise taxes at this point. Not enough people are still working to make a tax hike feasible.

True. I think that the tax hike on state taxes proved that a few years ago....thanks to Granholm. Did this state wonders!!!!

I was born and raised in Indiana...and always hated it for the most part...but cripes...MIchigan is TERRIBLE.

If there is ever a riot of the poor and unemployed...it will be California and Michigan first.

Corporate disinfo can only mislead people for so long. Eventually people will figure out that they keep losing no matter whom they are trying to believe in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join