It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who here IS taking the vaccine?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think new world meant not mandatory for the general populace. There have always been pockets of mandatory vaccination ie certain schools, certain occupations, travel to certain countries...
Me I'm pushing 60. I only ever had flu once and I never had a flu vaccination. So I reckon for me there are better odds of not getting ill if I don't take it. I don't believe that it's about de-population, I think its about big bucks. But I refuse to be part of the 'collateral damage'.
If I get swine flu and die well I've had a reasonable innings. But at this stage I'm probably more at risk driving down the motorway.
That said, I'm sorry for parents of young kids faced with the decision.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm not getting the H1N1 vaccination, but then again I don't take any vaccinations if I can help it, and have never needed it. I'm healthy and have no immune-deficiency disorders, and am not of an age-group that is at risk of fatality of H1N1. I do not have asthma, diabetes, obesity, or heart disease, which increase the likelihood of complications and fatality from H1N1. Therefore, it is a non-issue to me.

However, if I were of an age-group that was at risk...if I did have an immune-deficiency disorder...if I was routinely around people who had been exposed or were carriers of H1N1, or I had asthma, diabetes, obesity or heart disease, then I might consider it.

With every vaccination there is going to be a risk of side-effects. You have to carefully weigh the risks of the side-effects against the risks of what it is meant to protect you from.

I can get H1N1 as easily as the next person, but the risks for me are almost non-existent compared to any other Flu bug I might catch. Therefore, for me the risk of side-effects greatly outweighs the risks of H1N1. Your mileage may vary. Thus, no one should be able to make that decision for you, unless your a minor, and then your parents have a right to make that decision for you...but otherwise, it is your choice to weigh the pros and cons.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have never had even one flu shot, and have had the "flu" maybe two times in my long life. My own doctor told me that this H1NI is no worse than the regular flu, and that she feels like something sinister is in the works with it. She hasn't taken the shot, and told me she would not take it either. I have two neighbors who got the shot a week ago, and they are still sick, one had to be hospitalized.

Will TPTB make it mandatory? Probably, especially with the crap going on in Montana right now. The thing is, people, we are many, they are few. Are we going to let a few tell us what we can and cannot do when it comes to our own bodies?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Same thing here for the many reasons read, no vaccine for me. Never took it.. etc.

What I have to say is that I have a solution if somewhat it become mandatory here:

Just try to find a doctor or nurses sympathic to the cause. Then, I would tell him in the medical room "What about only write on the file that I got it doc... " And the doctor just simulates it gave it to you.

I think a way to fight is simply organizing ourselves without the government. They want a little paper signed that says I am vaccinated? Fine.

Sad that we live in a world where the population need also to have undercover agents in government to save us.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Never.

Its dangerous.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't know I am so undecided I have a 10yr old and 4 yr old and just can't decide what to do, I will feel so bad if I don't and one of my kids die from the flu I will wait n see how things go over the next month or so, if people start dropping like flies then were not taking it thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
TO be honest I was thinking I would at least get my 21 Month old granddaughter the shoots... But her doctor said we should wait... she said it's only been tested on something like 600 kids and their just hasn't been enough time or numbers to be sure it's really safe... I got to go with her judgment and say we're going to wait and see...

[edit on 1-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join