It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqis of Switzerland oppose with the war :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Most Iraqis in Switzerland say they would like to see Saddam Hussein overthrown but are against a foreign invasion of Iraq.

Many fear that the Iraqi leader would sacrifice his own people if attacked by the United States. They are also suspicious of Washington�s motives for toppling Saddam.

www.swissinfo.org...

(I didn't know that swiss had an IRAQI COMMUNITY...

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A contrast to what I have read in the papers here in my town. From what I have read they see a US attack as their only hope. Saying people are dying everyday under Saddam's rule and an attack will bring an end to that.

Here's an interesting view from an Iraqi student:

Of course it would be ideal if an invasion could be undertaken, not by the Americans, but by, say, the Nelson Mandela International Peace Force. That's not on offer. The Iraqi people cannot wait until such a force materialises;

and another good point:
Do not use the Iraqi people as a pawn in your game for moral superiority - when you allow a monster like Saddam to rule for 30 years without so much as protesting against his rule, you lose the right to such a claim."

The rest can be read here: www.number-10.gov.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Do not use the Iraqi people as a pawn in your game for moral superiority - when you allow a monster like Saddam to rule for 30 years without so much as protesting against his rule, you lose the right to such a claim."

That is one of the main reasons I find all these anti-war protesrs a joke.Where were all these people when Saddam gased the Kurds,and killed and tortured anybody that opposed him?They were sitting around doing nothing not caring what he did.Funny how they protest when we finally try to stop the madness and murder.HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!

join