It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did ‘We’ Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Where Did ‘We’ Go?

By Thomas l. Freidman

I hate to write about this, but I have actually been to this play before and it is really disturbing. I was in Israel interviewing Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin just before he was assassinated in 1995. We had a beer in his office. He needed one. I remember the ugly mood in Israel then — a mood in which extreme right-wing settlers and politicians were doing all they could to delegitimize Rabin, who was committed to trading land for peace as part of the Oslo accords. They questioned his authority. They accused him of treason. They created pictures depicting him as a Nazi SS officer, and they shouted death threats at rallies. His political opponents winked at it all.

www.nytimes.com... nion There is has been a toxic atmosphere in US politics for years and it's by design.I remember an thread about the Pentagon wanting to place a few thousand troops on US soil all they need is a reason real or imagined.All they need to do is convince an extremist on either side of the so-called "political divide."and they will have their domestic troops.

[edit on 083030p://5226 by mike dangerously]

new topics

join