It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Book - Going Rogue- Sales Skyrocket !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SawToothJon

Well not being an American citizen makes it so that I am not afraid at all of her success. I hope her non political goals go very well.

I simply fear for my American friends if she does end up being elected in 2012.

The world doesn't need another George Bush.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscoming
reply to post by washingtonsghost

I'm not entirely convinced Palin is going to be the answer, but the mere fact that so many people on the left are going so far out of their way to mock and ridicule her tells me that she must be a threat. If she is so dumb, and so unqualified, such an empty suit...why spend so much time deriding her?

This reasoning is ridiculously flawed ... people laugh at funny things and usually it's for that simple reason. That is always obvious to everyone but those who are being laughed at and those who support them and need to do mental somersaults to find a rationalization against the obvious.

If I were a democrat, I would pray every night that SP gets the nomination for potus next time around ... you will find that most democrats feel the same way, not to mention how many Republicans shiver at the thought of what she would do to their party.

Oh and not for nothing, she couldn't handle being Gov. of Alaska which has what, ten residents, one newspaper, and a guy on his ham radio doing the news? So she's gonna become president where peeps are tea partying with pictures of her with a Hitler mustache?

Please ... think it through and realize how risible and absurd the whole thing is.

Nope, good for her for selling books, getting her tv show, and cashing in on her 15 minutes, but anyone who sees any more potential than that should check themselves.

[edit on 30 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Speaking as an Alaskan, Sarah Palin is an utter embarrassment for most thinking Alaskans. We'll have to admit that she did good when she stood up to the Oil Lobby, but beyond that she's been a shameful cretin on the national stage, and has made all of Alaska look like a bunch of hillbilly redneck hicks (No offense to Redneck, if he's reading this).

We are not all morons in the State of Alaska, many of us are frontier people who work hard for their living... and many of us tend to pay a lot more heed to politics and thought due to the long cold winters.

Not to say that we don't have our own share of mouthbreathing sycophants and idiots.... it's definitely a ratio thing no matter where you are.

Sarah Palin is a blithering idiot whose skin is so thin that she couldn't handle Alaskan political pressures... which are about as polite as Canadians tend to be, and far less harsh than the games that go on elsewhere.

And I say that as an Alaskan... so really, you jackholes that think she's the bees knees but who was never governed by the lady, Shut the hell up... and close your mouths, you'll let the stupid out.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I support sarah in her book and her 2012 run..... there is actually alot of us on the left that do

Dont be packin' any time soon Sarah! Your job didnt end in 2008, we need ya for as long as possible.

SG

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
not to mention how many Republicans shiver at the thought of what she would do to their party.

This is the reality of the situation. Palin is a good "icon", shes a good brand to play around for the GOP for the sake of support, but in all seriousness I doubt she'll win the Republican nomination even. Conservatives talk, but in the back of their minds I believe some know the reality of this woman as a face for them. I'd say if she were to run the republican primaries, she'd gain 2-3 southern states including Alaska and thats it. I'll keep this comment as a reference if Im still a contributing member here in 3 years time because Im pritty darn confident thats the scenario.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Cause people keep telling us that she is qualified and intelligent. Much to our dismay.

Let's face it folks, she is not the brighest star in the sky. After all the ridiculous things she's said and done is it any wonder?

~Keeper

Actually, the last bit applies much more readily to Joe "Athlete's Tongue, when not plagiarizing" Biden, and Barack Hussein "57-States" Obama. But of course, they are Liberal Super-geniuses, as all Liberals are. God help Dan Quayle, had he made half the gaffes that these two have.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Viking04]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SawToothJon

you are aware that ATS has a strict "no political baiting" policy, right?

you way over-stepped that line.

your post has been reported.

shame.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
please delete.

[edit on 2009/9/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

Sarah Palin is a blithering idiot whose skin is so thin that she couldn't handle Alaskan political pressures... which are about as polite as Canadians tend to be, and far less harsh than the games that go on elsewhere.

No. The truth is that Palin couldn't govern because of the frivolous lawsuits brought against her by the radical left and it was hurting her, her family, and Alaska.

Palin has been the victim of a classic left-wing character assassination and now it's her turn to talk uninterrupted.

The more the left attacks her the more popular she will become. She may not win the nomination for the GOP, but it's not clear that she'll run.

The one thing that people should note is the deafening silence from the feminist, politically-correct crowd regarding the baseless attacks against a woman of strength and character.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The truth is simple.
Sarah did the right thing.
She can connect with the American people down here in the lower
48 states. I hope she takes that $7 million and buys a nice home
in California.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Why do liberals give a crap if she wrote a book?

Why does anyone who don't like her care if she wrote a book?

I have an idea, read the book before you decide to trash it. Trashing something you know nothing about just makes you look very stupid, even more then usual.

If you don't like her, then don't buy the book. If you absolutely feel the need to trash the book and her ability to write one then go to a library, check it out, READ IT and then log onto ATS and trash it.

I'm going to buy it because I have McCains, both Clintons, Obamas, Bush Sr's and Gores.

Hell I don't like half of them and I still bought and read their books. That way if I have anything bad to say about them or their books I know what I'm talking about.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Palin must be on target.

'Cause the pinko's are driven up the wall by her, as she is perceived as a serious threat.

Good for her.

This is my favorite argument thrown out by the (pro-Palin?) crowd.

I say, let Palin run in 2012!

Hell, I will even go around town putting up Palin signs to help her through the primaries.

As far as I'm concerned, if the Republicans want to throw away another presidential election, more power to them! Sarah Palin is a serious threat, alright. A serious threat to her own party. She is incredibly divisive; the Republicans with brains shy away from her, and the one's who eat up her garbage flock to her like sheep.

If the Republicans still don't want to back qualified, intelligent party members like Ron Paul or Olympia Snowe, and instead choose to go with candidates like Palin, then they won't win another election for a long time. People realized after Bush that putting a C student in office was a bad idea. They won't make that mistake again.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can only hope she chooses to run in 2012! I seriously cannot think of a better scenario to ensure Obama wins his second term. So for sure, Go Sarah!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You guys might want to wait a year or two into Obamas Presidency before you wish Palin makes it to the primaries.

If things don't turn around for the big O then Palin might win and then ATS would be unbearable because of all the whining. It would make the first few months of Obamas Presidency seem like nothing.

Be careful of what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I'm not convinced that Palin is presidential timber, but I do know a smear job when I see one.

As for Ron Paul and Olympia Snowe, neither one can stir up enough excitement among the swing vote to register on the political radar.

I believe that they're both intelligent people, but they have to get people to vote for them. Paul has proven that he can't and I doubt Snowe could do better.

Palin at least resonates with almost everyone it seems, for better or worse.

And yes, if she weren't threatening to the Left then she wouldn't rate so much as a snort.

Trust me. I know about these things from the inside out.

You do, too.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

As for Ron Paul and Olympia Snowe, neither one can stir up enough excitement among the swing vote to register on the political radar.

I believe that they're both intelligent people, but they have to get people to vote for them. Paul has proven that he can't and I doubt Snowe could do better.

I think that's what's inherently wrong with politics in this country (I'm sure you agree).

Instead of electing the candidate who is best suited for the job, we elect the candidate who looks the best in a swimsuit. How can a democracy (or more accurately, a representational republic) work when the majority of the voting population is so freakin' stupid?

We, the people, are to blame for digging this country into its own grave, by mass-supporting politicians that are all flash and no substance. And I am referring to both sides of the political spectrum, not exclusively Sarah Palin.

I just hope, for the sake of our country, Republicans realize how big of a mistake Sarah Palin is. Running her would basically guarantee a single-party system, which is in itself dangerous. Honestly, I do fear her, because she represents how ignorant such a large portion of the population is. She represents how easily this nation could become the laughingstock of the world, and how quickly we could fall into ruin.

As far as her actual status as a political opponent, no one in their right mind fears her. That is a fantasy.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by drwizardphd]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

I just hope, for the sake of our country, Republicans realize how big of a mistake Sarah Palin is. Running her would basically guarantee a single-party system, which is in itself dangerous. Honestly, I do fear her, because she represents how ignorant such a large portion of the population is. She represents how easily this nation could become the laughingstock of the world, and how quickly we could fall into ruin.

As far as her actual status as a political opponent, no one in their right mind fears her. That is a fantasy.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by drwizardphd]

Obama/Biden are beating her to the punch.

Your last statement is either insincere, or evidense of blindness. As pointed out, were she as irrelevant as you claim, she would be encouraged or ignored by the Left. Palin Derangement Syndrome would never have risen, were she not a threat to the Left and the RINO's.

Were Sarah Palin a Lib, Oprah would have beatified her immediately. She would have been held up as 'brave', 'ground-breaking', and her looks would have been trumpeted from the four-corners of the Media. (Not unlike Obama's Apotheosis, signaled by 'tingles up the leg' of the MSM.)

One final point, notice how the Left posters on this thread emphasize that Palin is a woman. This comes from the political position that claims to own the 'content of character' high-ground, but is the FIRST to categorize according to race, sex, etc.

Good day, all

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by washingtonsghost

I was expecting the bashers.

You should see them on Amazon.
The libs are jumping out of their skins!

I love it.

Sarah Palin: We Have A Winner!

these people would buy used toilet paper, if there was writing on it that bashed liberals.

in other words, same crap, different paper

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by washingtonsghost
makes me question the mental capabilities of the people in that state.

I question the mental capabilities of the whole damn country.
Afterall ... look at who we have in the White House and in Congress. :shk:

She is the reason McCain lost the election.

Naaaaaaah. McCain lost because of McCain.
He isn't the same man he was in 2000.
He ran around like a chicken with his head cut off.
He pushed to pass legislation and then within hours called on the president to veto it.
He was a mess.

Palin quit. That's what she'll be known for in 2012. She got elected to do a job and then in the middle of it she pulled out and said she'd had enough and couldn't finish.

The only hope I see for the republicans in 2012 is a Crist/Jindal (or Jindal/Crist) ticket. Otherwise .... we'll be stuck with Obama for another four years (if there is a country left when he's done screwing it over).

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Why do liberals give a crap if she wrote a book?

Why does anyone who don't like her care if she wrote a book?

Most of us are actually happy about it. The more she writes, the more she disparages that which I oppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join